Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2018, 11:19:48 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages" (Read 31,197 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

SM

Convenient.

SiL

Create and design aren't always synonyms, either.

Giger did create the idea for the inner jaw, though, so he's got that in the creation department.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Dude go and reeducate yourself and read Gigers alien by giger , so giger didn't create Necronom IV correct ?

SM

Did someone suggest that?

ELDERCLANLEADER

I'm not talking about who thought of the idea am I ?

O'bannon
"His paintings had a profound effect on me. I had never seen anything that was quite as horrible and at the same time as beautiful as his work. And so I ended up writing a script about a Giger monster"

That's from the horses mouth I rest my case , case closed !

SM

QuoteI'm not talking about who thought of the idea am I ?

Don't know.  Are you?

You seem to be assuming people are saying things they haven't actually said.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Ok SM show me your evidence that giger didn't create the xenomorph .

SM

I didn't say that he didn't create it; only that he didn't all on his own.  It was a collaboration.

O'Bannon didn't base it on the Necronom painting.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Sm you are a liar .....

ME
What annoys me the most is some people don't seem to want to recognise that giger created the alien. So what he didn't have a part in the production, he's still the brainchild that created the Xeno.

YOU

The opposite is true.

The Alien was created by Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shusett.  Without them there was no need for Giger.  Ron Cobb came up with the idea of the acid blood.  The facehugger and chestburster are the work of Roger Dicken.  All supervised by Ridley Scott.

Caught red handed stop going back on your words bro , you did say giger didn't create it , you are a troll.

And O'bannon is lying about himself is he ? Right ok that makes total sense SM.

SM

The opposite is true in that people always laud Giger, and forget the other people involved in the Alien's creation.  As this discussion attests to.

Please point out the bit where I said Giger didn't create it.

ELDERCLANLEADER

No you are back tracking because you got caught out . I'm well aware of O'bannon, I was going on about the designs , it was clear as day light what I was going on about , when I kept using the word gigerism !!!

SM

You used the word Gigerism once - just then.

Simply claiming I'm lying or backtracking or whatever over and over isn't doing you any favours.  Particularly since you can't back any of it up.

If you want to assume people are saying things they aren't, that's fine - just don't expect to not be called out on it.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Perhaps you should read the conversation from the very beginning then , rather than jumping on something half way through , and then you would understand the context it was in and your right , it is all there for the whole world to see , I wonder who's right by the end of the day SM . Laters dude.

whiterabbit

Yea SM hasn't said anything contradictory to the point or truth. We all know, err most of us know that the beast is Giger's and that it takes a team to create quality content. I mean does anyone ever think about the importance of proper lighting and sound effects? The alien wouldn't be what it is today without proper lighting and hissing. What about all those snappy costumes and all of that tax credit paper work that has to get done.

... or those poor high schoolers than have to clean the theater after half the audience pisses themselves as the alien busts through Kanes chest.

For that matter dose anyone think about all those poor alien fanboys who help keep this beast living?

Where's their credit? :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed