Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2018, 11:19:48 PM

Author
Katherine Waterston on Alien: Covenant 2 - "I Haven’t Heard Anything in Ages" (Read 29,702 times)

Evanus

Giger never worked on Covenant though. But a little " in loving memory " would have been nice, I suppose.

Anyway, the juggernaut interiors were very Giger like. Shaw's mutated body as well. And the Xenomorph still had some biomechanical elements. Not a lot, but it's still something. I doubt it was just Fox's decision to remove some of the Giger elements though.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

What annoys me the most is some people don't seem to want to recognise that giger created the alien. So what he didn't have a part in the production, he's still the brainchild that created the Xeno. 

In fact alien was around before the film was even made with his original Necronom IV.

Alien would not be what it is without him , and It was his before it was anyone's, even if he didn't have a hand in the original alien , the alien we all love would still be here because of gigers brilliant artwork, he didn't create it for the film , this thing was in in his nightmares ! He suffered from night terrors , and drew what he envisioned, the fact this great man died during the films production, should of swayed fox to dedicate it to his memory. The fact they didn't speaks volumes and I stand by my reasoning. Clearly they are selfish and heartless.

No film has ever gotten on my nerves no matter how bad , quite like the way this one did.  I can forgive a bad film , I can't forgive nastiness.

heres the evidence ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odz8Wam7n-Y

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odz8Wam7n-Y

Evanus

Sure, I agree. But technically he didn't work on Covenant, so they didn't have to give him credit for anything. That's just how it works I guess. I'm not saying he didn't deserve one.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah I'm 90% sure it all boils down to the fallout giger had with fox over alien 3 , I think fox and gigers estate basically just hate each other now.
Even if I take giger out of the situation , alien: covenant was just a bad film , the fact all those films boiled down to one renegade android creating the xeno was just ridiculous, there's a video on YouTube called the death of gigers alien , you should watch it , it basically gets at the heart of what is wrong with covenant.

Evanus

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 25, 2018, 05:08:07 AM
Yeah I'm 90% sure it all boils down to the fallout giger had with fox over alien 3 , I think fox and gigers estate basically just hate each other now.
Even if I take giger out of the situation , alien: covenant was just a bad film , the fact all those films boiled down to one renegade android creating the xeno was just ridiculous, there's a video on YouTube called the death of gigers alien , you should watch it , it basically gets at the heart of what is wrong with covenant.
Right. Except that's just your opinion.  ::)

And I'm not interested in the video, I feel perfectly fine about liking Covenant.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Well yeah sure it's my opinion , but there's plenty of evidence to back up my claims , which is why I mentioned the video , but if you feel like that fine and don't talk to me because there is no need to be rude and shady , if you like the film that's cool , I didn't deal with it.

whiterabbit

We're not getting AC2 are we.  :'(

oh well... where's da booze. Hopefully that predator movie does better.

SM

QuoteWhat annoys me the most is some people don't seem to want to recognise that giger created the alien. So what he didn't have a part in the production, he's still the brainchild that created the Xeno.

The opposite is true.

The Alien was created by Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shusett.  Without them there was no need for Giger.  Ron Cobb came up with the idea of the acid blood.  The facehugger and chestburster are the work of Roger Dicken.  All supervised by Ridley Scott.

And yet so many people claim the Alien is solely Giger's creation.

Why didn't Dan O'Bannon or John Hurt get an 'In memory of'?  Both of them were integral parts of the Alien canon too.

Evanus

Quote from: SM on Apr 25, 2018, 06:02:21 AM
QuoteWhat annoys me the most is some people don't seem to want to recognise that giger created the alien. So what he didn't have a part in the production, he's still the brainchild that created the Xeno.

The opposite is true.

The Alien was created by Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shusett.  Without them there was no need for Giger.  Ron Cobb came up with the idea of the acid blood.  The facehugger and chestburster are the work of Roger Dicken.  All supervised by Ridley Scott.

And yet so many people claim the Alien is solely Giger's creation.

Why didn't Dan O'Bannon or John Hurt get an 'In memory of'?  Both of them were integral parts of the Alien canon too.
Definitely got a point there.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 25, 2018, 05:50:26 AM
We're not getting AC2 are we.  :'(

oh well... where's da booze. Hopefully that predator movie does better.
Yeah I'm starting to think we might not get another prequel at all. But who knows, maybe Disney will give Ridley one last chance. I have a feeling they'll do nothing though.. these are dark days.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

SM Iv had this out with you before of course giger designed the alien .. "Fox studios were initially wary of allowing Giger onto the project, saying that his works would be too disturbing for audiences, but eventually relented. Giger initially offered to completely design the Alien from scratch, but Scott mandated that he base his work on Necronom IV"

The Alien was created by Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shusett in terms of script, it was exclusively  designed by giger along with the xeno egg and
The face hugger and the derelict and the space jockey , he is the sole designer of everything we have come to love about alien.

Without giger on board it would of been another B movie. Stop spreading misinformation. Giger is the designer and it's simply a FACT.

And design/create are pretty much the same word.

SM

What misinformation is this?

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Iv just explained .. giger designed the alien and your trying to tell people he didn't .

By your logic if I write down an idea for a robot , then some takes that idea and designs a transformer , I created the transformer. It's nonsense. Sure they all helped create the film , but the design work was down to giger alone, with Ridley guiding him on what he wanted.

SM

SM

QuoteIv just explained .. giger designed the alien and your trying to tell people he didn't .

Where did I do that?

QuoteBy your logic if I write down an idea for a robot , then some takes that idea and designs a transformer , I created the transformer.

Only if you wrote down the idea for a robot that can transform into something else, could you claim some credit.

QuoteSure they all helped create the film , but the design work was down to giger alone, with Ridley guiding him on what he wanted.

Nope.  Dicken created the final designs for the hugger and burster, and many helped create not only how the Alien looked, but also how it acted and what it's characteristics were.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Ok SM if you say so , I don't have time to argue Iv got work soon. You think what ever you want, but for anyone who wants to know the truth, a simple read into gigers life will expose SM as a liar. I'm done trying to tell you that you are wrong , there is a difference between creating an idea , and someone designing that idea , they both created the same thing on paper , but in reality in aliens case there was a spectacular difference, but  believe what ever you want to believe. I really don't care.

Where did you say that ????

SM Posted 38 minutes ago

The opposite is true.

Create/design are interchangeable words , don't know if you noticed SM

SM

Perhaps when you have time you could deign to point out where I've said something that is incorrect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed