Producer John Davis - “it needs to rest for a couple of years”

Started by Keyes, Jun 06, 2011, 03:57:18 PM

Author
Producer John Davis - “it needs to rest for a couple of years” (Read 40,316 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 12, 2011, 05:57:24 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2011, 05:37:15 AM
A fresh start doesn't begin with movies that suck, like the ones you mentioned.

You hated PREDATORS too?

-Rakai'Thwei

Predators sucked, yes. And I was referring to GINO and X3 and Wolverine.

grobda

Just because John Davis, a producer said "it needs to..." does not mean he holds the power to decide. But we all know that, do we?

The Necronoir

I've updated my original blog post to reflect this new, frankly embarrassing information.

http://overexposure-film.blogspot.com/2011/05/exposition-industry-reboot.html

skull-splitter

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 10, 2011, 01:54:39 PM
can someone PM me contact info of Fox agents, because I think I can pitch better than this and actually sell it.

skull-splitter

I'm not even half joking here.

DoomRulz

And neither am I when I stay stop spamming.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Predators was the first Predator movie in almost 20 years, I find it silly to put it to rest when the Predator movies where on rest for another 20 years. The AVP movies don't count since those where crossovers.

DoomRulz

Of course they count. They're using the same character which means more exposure.

skull-splitter

It doesn't need rest, it needs attention, funds and love. Not shelling them out for a quick buck... I always wondered why fan-made films and game-mods were Fox'ed for "quality control" while official material lacked substantial depth and feel.

AncientPred

This actually fits with what I had thought FOX might do. Alternate between Alien and Predator movies. PROMETHEUS will come out and we'll start hearing more about a fourth Pred movie.

Peakius Baragonius

It does NOT need to rest for a few years, except those needed to come up with a good story and make a good film! A sequel to Predators could still be much better than that film and allow us to have some conclusion to Royce and Isabelle's story, as well as a chance to redeem the Classic Predators!

Am I the only one who is f***ing sick of reading the word "reboot"?! It's incredibly overused, has no real meaning, and it seems like every single thing is getting a reboot these days! Before its release, a producer of Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated referred to the show as a "reboot". Why the heck would you have to reboot Scooby-Doo?! Why can't the series just follow on from the past ones as all the other different incarnations have done?

No more! NO MORE, I say!!!

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2011, 02:23:03 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 12, 2011, 05:57:24 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2011, 05:37:15 AM
A fresh start doesn't begin with movies that suck, like the ones you mentioned.

You hated PREDATORS too?

-Rakai'Thwei

Predators sucked, yes. And I was referring to GINO and X3 and Wolverine.

Welcome to the club

a drink?

AncientPred

Ps had its weakness', but it also had a couple of strengths. Sort of like the Alien:Res of the Predator franchise.

As far as his comments go, it seems that he views the Pred franchise in a similar way to the JAWS franchise. With each J sequel they tried to reconcieve the notion of a giant shark showing up. And with the Pred series they may be trying to continuosly reconcieve what would happen if humans encountered alien hunters. Alot of what makes the Pred franchise different from the Alien franchise is that the Alien series is driven by its mythology while the Pred series is driven by its scenarios.

The Pred franchise is an anthology. Each film is its own story with its own approach. This can be directly traced back to the moment Arnold stepped away to do T2 instead of doing P2 as was originally intended. They moved ahead with P2 after rewriting the script to bring in a new set of characters. From then on, the series functioned under different rules. I'm not saying it couldn't shift into a more mythology driven style. In fact, if the rumors of Arnold possibly coming back to the franchise are true that may be exactly what will happen. And we'll see the franchise make the shift.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed