Player Review Thread*spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 17, 2007, 08:32:04 AM

Author
Player Review Thread*spoilers* (Read 22,672 times)

brad873

brad873

well, its the best game ive played on psp for a while. its a bit too easy, but fun at the same time.

this was a very fun game to play, but only one hybrid, no predalien. in the second from last level, there are a few runner aliens. they look like regular aliens but aa bit more brown and never stand up, i didnt notice them untill i played again.
the wepons are good, efective againsed normal aliens (which are the ones from AVPR) but less effective againsed praytorians. the facehuggers are ok, you get 50 honor points with each one you dissolve, but it would be cool if they ran around. there should be more wepons to use, as the hand held plasma caster is the best, as its so fast to use. good game

8-9/10

War Wager

War Wager

Theres no Runners...

brad873

brad873

i checked again, they still have back tubes, but they never stand up, unless its a glitch in my game, if so, im the only one with runners ;D

War Wager

War Wager

Yeah, that happens a few times. You get three Aliens that run at you and then another three that crawl towards you.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I got it for christmas and i have to say the game really sucks. The camera sucks and the combat sucks as well. Sorry but i give this game a 5/10!

szuran

szuran

When I saw that Rebellion is going to do another AVP game, I was excited as hell. Those guys once made the best Alien and Predator game ever existed. Game that stills scares crap out of me. So I bought AVP:R, and... well, that's how I felt:

The game is very, very good, although it could have been better. Graphics are great - especially for such a small console, and vision modes are the best looking things I've ever seen. Heat vision looks EXACTLY like in movies! Sounds are mostly OK, music... well, there is music. Sometimes very good, sometimes not very special. Let's just say that audio-visuals are really good.

I liked the storyline -or rather lack of it. Seriously, if we're a Predator, why would we need something more complicated than "go there and hunt the Aliens"? Simplicity helps in getting into the character. What I didn't like is only one boss fight. And pretty disappointing, too - it isn't much harder than the rest of the game, which is, to say at least, easy. Wasting Aliens is helluva fun, but it isn't a challenge. And that's the game's biggest problem. Of course I find it funny to repeat some levels, but I'd like to get some new ones, or play old ones on higher difficulty settings.

About the levels. Some are little masterpieces. City centre with the tank driving around, the mall, sewers - these places look so realistic that I really feel I'm there hunting xenomorphs. And humans. Why do I mention the humans? Because parts when they're the main enemy are the best parts of the game. And that's a pity that there are only two levels in which we can turn the heat vision on, cloak ourselves and hunt some marines. Oh, have I mentioned that the cloak effect looks incredible? Man, tho guys who made graphics for the game should get some kind of reward. Great job.

To summarize all things - game is fun, fun, fun. Looks and sounds great. Has some really cool levels. And is short and easy. Still, if you like it, you'll repeat it over and over again - cause it's enjoyable. If you find pointless wasting Aliens not the best thing to do with your PSP - don't waste your time and money for this game.

9/10
+ audio-visuals
+ fun!
- easy
- short

Wildbird

Wildbird

I got me a PSP and this game the same day. I'll keep it brief.

Haven't seen the movie yet, it premiers in Russia on the 10th of December, but I have to say that there are a lot of cool scenes that I want to experience in the movie.

Action: I don't like 3rd-person-shooters, but this one is awesome as hell, this game features some cool battles and it's very easy and fun to play.

The game should have been named Predator + any cool word, because there is no versus content, you just kill serpents and humans like bugs, but anyway it's cool.

The game is pretty short, so I might want to complete it again and again because I'm not getting tired of it and the scenes are changing pretty quick so you get them thrills all the time.

Graphics look cool, especially the cloaking effect.

My rate is 10/10, one of the best PSP games ever made in that genre.

Foundationman2

I give it 7/10. It was all the same, throughout the game...  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Secret Hero

Corporal Hicks

I was just playing this game at college today to pass sometime and I really do think the graphics are awesome! I just loved turning around to look at Wolf.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I hated the game. 0.5/10

marky

marky

The game is pretty fun. Here is what I think about it:

8,4/10
+ Pretty fun
+ Cool and useful weapons
+ Cool design on those young queens (some of them remind me about Chet)
+ Cool stages

- Chet/PredAlien is not in the game.
- F***ing easy
- Aliens is way to easy

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I like the game. It's a little too easy but it's fun either way. I like Skirmish, it's really the only challenging part of the game besides finding things.

8/10.

Good:
Fun game
Easy to master controls
Cool weapons
Good character designs
Skirmish Mode is fun
Separate "routes" through the game.
Your weapons get better as you go on
Cool levels

Bad:
No predalien
You don't choose what is upgraded and what isn't.
Your weapons are just given to you.
Losing points for accidentally blowing unarmed humans away
Too easy
No jump button

Foundationman2

Yeah Corporal Hicks, the graphics are pretty good. Did we find out who got the highest score on High School yet? I think I got 1300. err... I can't remember, its been a while. It was a lot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed