Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 270,543 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 01, 2014, 02:41:03 PM
April Fools?

The link doesn't work and that picture looks like a Tholian from Trek.

Yup, having some good-natured April Fools fun. I thought the Tholian was a nice touch. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Ha, nicely done :D

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Kind of a worrisome prank there but.. okay!

Ultramorph

A new interview with Scott Allie. Not much new:

http://www.newsarama.com/20731-dhc-s-allie-unleashes-details-scope-of-prometheus-aliens-predator-line.html

QuoteAllie: Just miniseries, and then the fifth book is a one-shot titled Prometheus: Omega.

QuoteAllie: A lot of terrible things are drawn to the moon where Prometheus took place on, leading to a great deal of suffering. A salvage crew goes out looking for answers to some simple questions, they face some bigger questions, and are sucked into a very high-pitched horror adventure story that wrestles with some of the same questions as Prometheus, and the themes the best of these films tackled.

QuoteAllie: Short answer is yes. I haven't read anything for the next film, and I've been told relatively little, but the guys at Ridley's office are making sure what we're doing works with what they're doing.

QuoteThese writers are creating the Luke, the Vader, of the Dark Horse version of Prometheus, et al, and they're really pushing to make the characters special.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Hopefully they'll answer the fan QnA.

Still confused on a few things though..

Ultramorph

We'll have to see. If they're doing these sort of Q and As this many months before release, I would think that they'll reveal at least a bit more. I'm looking forward to the exclusive art that will come with their answers.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 02, 2014, 02:04:35 AM
We'll have to see. If they're doing these sort of Q and As this many months before release, I would think that they'll reveal at least a bit more. I'm looking forward to the exclusive art that will come with their answers.

I was re-reading some of the interviews from Newsarama, and reading some of Sebela's statements-- doesn't really seem to suggest that it maybe shoe-horned into the old EU continuity. I've had someone else look into this as well and in his opinion, the interviewer who was talking to Sebela may have paraphrased or took what was said a bit out of context, or misinterpreted it. I'm not too sure.

Ultramorph

That's probably accurate. It's like with movies: many people all talking about the same thing to multiple sources is bound to create confusion stemming from something being misheard or badly paraphrased. Either way, I think it's safe to say that these comics will have no appreciable connection to the old stuff, even though they will probably be ambiguous enough that fans can fit them into the old EU big picture if they want to. As such, I don't expect them to do anything that will radically alter what has been established before, IE we probably won't be getting anything like a new Hish mythos, and the Preds will most likely be written in a similar way to what Stradley and Perry did, even if they aren't explicitly called yautja.

RakaiThwei

I will be honest, I most certainly hope that these new comics don't connect with the old comics, incase of the possibility that I disagree with how certain things are presented and would like this to be something on it's own. Of course, some questions were asked in regards if the Predators would be written in mind as either the Yautja or the Hish. And I remember that Scott Allie mentioned the timeline in that ECC discussion which I thought was interesting, and so a similar question was asked in regards to that over at the fan Q'n'A.

Ultramorph

My guess is that the only connections we'll see will probably just be stuff like passing references to Grant Corp, or maybe a character will say something like "If I live through this I'm going to become a rhynth herder!" Little stuff that can be disregarded if we want to think of these comics as something separate. Like Scott Allie said, the rest of the EU is pretty far from the story they want to tell.

RakaiThwei

I don't want to see anything about Grant Corp or the Rynth.

I figure that we might see Predators doing the Blood Ritual or something.. that's probably it. I don't know what to expect but at the same time I am wondering about a lot of things. I asked those things which are on my mind at the fan Q'n'A.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I imagine it will be released without referencing the old EU.  That way there is nothing that conflicts either way.  Fans of the old EU can say that it didn't outright conflict what was already written.  Fans of the new EU won't have to accept the old EU if they don't want to.

Works better that way imo.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2014, 02:55:10 AM
I imagine it will be released without referencing the old EU.  That way there is nothing that conflicts either way.  Fans of the old EU can say that it didn't outright conflict what was already written.  Fans of the new EU won't have to accept the old EU if they don't want to.

I can agree to that.. More or less.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 02, 2014, 02:55:10 AM

Works better that way imo.
I'd be pretty okay with this.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Fans of both EU's can dance naked in the streets!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed