Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,650 times)

PAS Spinelli

I wouldn't call loading into a custom match with the poorly made bots or the tutorial of playable tho

Mr.Turok

The game isn't playable with bots at all. Sure they have aimbot and sometimes does work, but thats 25% chance of doing so. Forget about any single player action, its not coming.

Wweyland

So this is it then? No more updates?

Samhain13

Probably not

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Wweyland on May 24, 2023, 10:18:58 PMSo this is it then? No more updates?
No, I think its safe to say that the game is unofficially "officially" dropped. Usually we get an update every month or two but now it's just nothing. Not even a simple Tank Predator DLC update. A shame that we just can't get some consistent Predator games, meanwhile Aliens got Dark Decent coming up after the release of Fireteam Elite.

Corporal Hicks

Well...something tells me there was maybe something ( ;) ) but the lawsuit really f**ked up more than we'll ever truly know.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2023, 07:40:01 AMWell...something tells me there was maybe something ( ;) ) but the lawsuit really f**ked up more than we'll ever truly know.
I know Illfonic went on record that they did have plans and ideas for the game like improved Predkour and we did have those leaks like snow map, Falconer's drone, Tank Predator DLC, ect but part of the reason was  the lawsuit really did mess up their plans. Apparently they can't even do small balance changes without approval from the top brass, which is asinining.

Will Illfonic ever go back and fight for making the game better? I have no idea. I would love to see the game improve but from what I seen, having a TBA game in development, Ghostbusters, and Arcadegeddon being worked on, I don't think its possible anytime soon. IF what the creative director on PHG said to be taken, seems like this is it.

https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/creative-director-on-phg-shrugs/30682

Corporal Hicks

I was hinting at non-Hunting Grounds stuff btw.

I think Ilfonic is just done with the game now. And I'm sad about it. It just never hit its real potential.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2023, 09:34:12 AMI was hinting at non-Hunting Grounds stuff btw.

I think Ilfonic is just done with the game now. And I'm sad about it. It just never hit its real potential.
Honestly, I'm also just ready for a new Predator game. Give me a single player 3rd Person a la Concrete Jungle. What will it be, I have no idea but people are primed for Predator content and so are we. If Aliens can have new games coming out, Predator has no excuse either. Just make it a strong one, don't have to be AAA, but don't slack on it, ya know?

davewesker

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2023, 09:34:12 AMI was hinting at non-Hunting Grounds stuff btw.

It never did did it. I wonder how much was because of Illfonic or how much their hands were tied. I noticed that they would release new preds that seemed to tie in with big game releases i.e Viking Pred with Assassins Creed, samuari when Ghosts of T was coming out and Sony published it.

bobby brown

Am I the only guy that found this game amazing?

(I did not buy the lame DLC characters, Ok some of them, but only for parts)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: bobby brown on Jun 12, 2023, 06:18:15 PMAm I the only guy that found this game amazing?

(I did not buy the lame DLC characters, Ok some of them, but only for parts)
It sort of was at first until Illfonic made little effort in making actual gameplay changes or updates. Sure we got new maps, modes, and bug fixes but no real new gamemplay mechanics or additional Predator gear, long range weapons, Fireteam gear, ect. Bare minimum changes when compared to other games that have healthy and hearty gameplay changes and quality of life updates.

davewesker

Got bored last night and thought f it so dl the game and played a few matches. Apart from some weird audio glitches i had dare i say it fun playing. Seems like not playing for over a year is what ya meed to do to enjoy the game lol

Corporal Hicks

I genuinely had a lot of fun playing Hunting Grounds. I think the gameplay loop was just perfect for Predator and it worked so damn well. It's just a shame my initial fear for it was realized and it didn't get enough content. It took a year for the game to have the kind of content I thought it should have had at launch, and it's now just disappeared into the ether.

Still Collating...

As Hicks said. It should've launched with all of this content. Now it's varied enough. The game even so still has so much wasted potential, but I do enjoy it a lot more than Aliens Fireteam Elite personally for the fun versus factor alone.

Hunting Grounds needed more game modes. Whatever happened to MP games and having barely any varied game modes?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed