Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 394,323 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Oct 28, 2013, 10:51:13 PM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 28, 2013, 10:45:41 PM
Quote from: Prodos Games
That is about right ;]

To be more specific we WILL have at leas one model from following sources:

Alien from Alien - Infant Warrior
Alien from Aliens - Warrior
Alien from Aliens 3- Stalker (in fact ,concept based on Alien vs Predator Arcade Game 1994)

More concept taken from:
Alien vs Predator: Requiem
Aliens: Colonial Marines ;]
Alien vs Predator 1 and 2 Video Game 1999 and 2001
Predators Movie !!!!
Alien vs Predator Arcade Game

So quite a lot ;]
Give me Praetorians!!! Also, what about AvP Extinction? I want me some Ravagers and Carriers!!!

I would absolutely kill to get my hands on AvP2 style Praetorians. Personally though, I hope they avoid Extinction, most of the designs in that game just look like Zerg or Tyranids anyway.

Corporal Hicks

I'm interested to see what their Predalien looks like.

As for Praetorian...Yeah, I liked AvP2. I also liked AvP 99 and AvP 2010 so...I don't think there's any Praetorian designs I didn't really like.

[cancerblack]

The thread over on Dakka Dakka seems to indicate they've totally re-designed the Predalien, and are quite happy with it.

As for the Praetorian - I like the AvP2010 version too, and I don't recall what the 1999 version looks like, but the AvP2 version is the definitive iteration in my mind. Probably because I still play as him to this day. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 28, 2013, 11:04:28 PM
The thread over on Dakka Dakka seems to indicate they've totally re-designed the Predalien, and are quite happy with it.

That's what made me ask. I wonder if they've gone with the Dave Dorman design.

As for the Praetorian - I like the AvP2010 version too, and I don't recall what the 1999 version looks like, but the AvP2 version is the definitive iteration in my mind. Probably because I still play as him to this day. ;)

He had the cowling/crest but slightly larger body than the warrior, not the massive hulk. Haha! Haven't played AvP2 for a while.

[cancerblack]

Personally, I'm hoping that they've gone the controversial route of not giving the damn thing dreadlocks... but I think it's too late in the characters' evolution for anyone to get away with that.

Corporal Hicks

I'd love no dreadlocks but I agree with you there. Which is a shame but as long as it's not stupid like Chet, I can live with it.

[cancerblack]

I can kinda see myself using the face/jaws of a Predalien with the rest of a normal head and/or sculpting the cranium myself. Hopefully the body is just a really butch looking Alien with a few extra spikes around the place.

PRJ_since1990

I would be happy with either the 2010 or AvP2 version. Both are solid designs.

As some of you know from my other posts, I am one of the last fans of AvP Extinction. I always loved that game... especially the creature designs and some of the game play mechanics (such as loading up a Carrier with facehuggers). Having never played much in the way of computer games, including all the RTS mainstays like Star Craft, my knowledge is limited on those, so I'm sure that a lot of the classes and types were loosely based on those of existing titles. I just wish my personal favorite RTS could get some love from a figure/toy company. NECA has no plans to, so it would be sweet if Prodos could produce some (and have them be a playable unit to boot!).
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 28, 2013, 11:22:20 PM
Personally, I'm hoping that they've gone the controversial route of not giving the damn thing dreadlocks... but I think it's too late in the characters' evolution for anyone to get away with that.
... what designs don't have the dreadlocks? I googled it... found not a one without dreads within the first 30 pictures. Can you link one please?

[cancerblack]

The point I was making is that, well, nobody has done that yet (that I know of), except for maybe the odd bit of Fan-Art here and there. Personally I think Predaliens having dreads at all (or being 90% Predator, like Chet) is downright silly. I'm hoping against hope that Prodos bucks the trend and makes a sensible Predalien, but I'm not over confident that we'll see one without the dreads, as they've had them for so long that many people would complain if it didn't have them. So really, I'm just hoping it looks good enough for me to only have to convert the head. If it's too much like Chet, I'll be stealing the jaws and kitbashing it with other Aliens.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Predators Movie !!!!

I certainly hope that those THINGS are a separate set. Because I don't want to get them with the original Predators. They won't be packaged with the original classic Predators will they? Will the Super Predators be released as a separate expansion set or something?

Alien vs Predator Arcade Game

...They are incorporating the Capcom AvP game into this? The hell? Now that's something I like!

However my only gripe is according to the AvPGalaxy front page that they are only taking from the individual movies and some of the EU, but they are not taking the crossover films.. I mean sure they weren't well received but come on, they are AvP movies! You'd think they'd incorporate them!

-Rakai'Thwei

[cancerblack]

The Alien Warrior figure that we've seen is definitely the one from AvP. As for your other questions, who knows? But I assume the ones from Predators will be part of an expansion, not the core set. There's even a chance they're only talking about the PredHounds...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 29, 2013, 01:02:34 AM
But I assume the ones from Predators will be part of an expansion, not the core set.

I am hoping that they will be an expansion, not so much within the core set. I really did not like the Super Predators, and I actively try to avoid buying anything from the PREDATORS license. So I am hoping that they are something you have to buy separately.

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Oct 29, 2013, 01:02:34 AM
As for your other questions, who knows?

If they are incorporating the Capcom AvP Arcade, I would love to see Warrior Predator, Hunter Predator, and of course Lt. Linn Kurosawa. Of course, Kurosawa is somewhere in legal limbo considering that she is a collaboration between Fox and Capcom, and no one really knows who owns the rights to her.. Would love to see Kurosawa in this though.

-Rakai'Thwei

Nightlord

This is great news and the minis look really great, any word on if these will be prepainted or not?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Prodos Games
That is about right ;]

To be more specific we WILL have at leas one model from following sources:

Alien from Alien - Infant Warrior

Um, that's what they're calling the "infant warrior".

That's ... that's not Alien, guys.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

AVP movie styled Aliens....

I'll pass on this. :P

The Predators and the Marines look nice though... :( Shame.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed