Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,752 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Nov 11, 2013, 06:50:20 PM
I think I remember seeing those pics before, Cancer - have you posted them on Dakka? Still look great - The HorrorClix Pred repaints especially, I'd think would work ok as character figs in a Pred army for this game.

Yeah, I made a thread there when I was last making a big push on them. And I do really hope the HorrorClix Predators will be close enough to the right scale to fit in with the Prodos ones, because I've got seven of them.

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 11, 2013, 05:42:04 PM
All I can really make out in that pic is the blue on the Gargs' wings, but it looks great. :)

Sent you a PM with some better close-up shots. Didn't want to clog up the thread.

Thanks. :)

Sentry guns and Praetorians unlocked.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: On the Praetorian...these beasts will be massive (come on at least a 50mm base and be approx 80mm high).

Oh shit guise.

PRJ_since1990

If the pictures are accurate, the "Aliens from Aliens" are actually the ones from AvPR. Wtf

Mr. Domino

That's not a final render, though. The Warriors, Hellhounds, Praetorians, and Sentry Guns are all PSed images taken from other sources (The Sentry Guns are the in-game model from CM, and the others are action figures). They weren't expecting to go so far so quickly, and are scrambling to get renders up of as much as possible.

Nightlord

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 13, 2013, 02:16:29 PM
Quote from: On the Praetorian...these beasts will be massive (come on at least a 50mm base and be approx 80mm high).

Oh shit guise.
:o That thing will tower over everything, I can't even imagine how big the queen will be.

Leventa24

I like how instead of doing their own mock-up of the Praetorian they just threw some tint onto a picture of somebodies custom Praetorian figure.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Leventa24 on Nov 13, 2013, 05:54:15 PM
I like how instead of doing their own mock-up of the Praetorian they just threw some tint onto a picture of somebodies custom Praetorian figure.
As it stands, it looks like a Xeno from AvPR with the Queen mantle photoshopped on the back of its head.

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Nov 13, 2013, 04:22:12 PM
That's not a final render, though. The Warriors, Hellhounds, Praetorians, and Sentry Guns are all PSed images taken from other sources (The Sentry Guns are the in-game model from CM, and the others are action figures). They weren't expecting to go so far so quickly, and are scrambling to get renders up of as much as possible.
I hope you're correct. I'd like to think they'd be true on their promise and they're just blown away by the surge of popularity.

Leventa24

Leventa24

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 13, 2013, 06:05:27 PM
Quote from: Leventa24 on Nov 13, 2013, 05:54:15 PM
As it stands, it looks like a Xeno from AvPR with the Queen mantle photoshopped on the back of its head.

If you search "Alien Praetorian" on Google images it's one of the first images that comes up. It's a custom figure. They just stole the image and painted it blue.

PRJ_since1990

You ain't kidding. I hope they don't use that! There's def better designs out there IMO.

RiTides

Hey guys,

I have pledged for this campaign, but am after Aliens more than Predators. I was wondering if anyone might want to work out a swap for my 2 Kickstarter exclusive Berserker Predator models, in exchange for 2 PredAlien models?

The Berserker Predators hunt in 3's, after all, and you can only get 1 per pledge... so someone must need 3, and I need more PredAliens :)

Let me know!

Also, I'm hoping we'll see the actual sculpts of the Alien Warriors before the campaign is over, since they were an early stretch goal. Hopefully they'll look more like the Aliens from the original 2 movies :)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 13, 2013, 03:07:30 PM
If the pictures are accurate, the "Aliens from Aliens" are actually the ones from AvPR. Wtf

I was freaking out about that a page or two ago, although now I'm of the opinion that they've just used a shot of an AvP:R action figure for that one too. The fact that they haven't noticed or don't care that it's the wrong thing in their pic though...

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Nov 13, 2013, 04:22:12 PM
You know I hadn't even considered that. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll come through and make genuine 'Aliens' Aliens.

Also their pic of the Berserker Predator is from the Hot Toys 1:6-scale figure if I'm not mistaken.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 13, 2013, 04:31:20 PM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Nov 13, 2013, 02:16:29 PM

Oh shit guise.
:o That thing will tower over everything, I can't even imagine how big the queen will be.

Queen is confirmed for 120mm base.

Quote from: RiTides on Nov 13, 2013, 09:36:39 PM
Hey guys,

I have pledged for this campaign, but am after Aliens more than Predators. I was wondering if anyone might want to work out a swap for my 2 Kickstarter exclusive Berserker Predator models, in exchange for 2 PredAlien models?

The Berserker Predators hunt in 3's, after all, and you can only get 1 per pledge... so someone must need 3, and I need more PredAliens :)

Let me know!

Also, I'm hoping we'll see the actual sculpts of the Alien Warriors before the campaign is over, since they were an early stretch goal. Hopefully they'll look more like the Aliens from the original 2 movies :)

Ah, another tourist from Dakka! :laugh: Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat you are, no use for a BSP coz I'm more into the Aliens.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://youtu.be/4DHtiHIHqos

Live Q&A

Cloaked Predator.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 18, 2013, 07:43:53 PM
http://youtu.be/4DHtiHIHqos

Live Q&A

Cloaked Predator.

That's a Predalien yo. No idea why he's clear though.

Praetorian:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed