What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 282,150 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Nightwalker by Diane Guest

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Huggs on May 29, 2020, 03:16:52 PM
Jaws

How is that? It's on my list.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Hudson on May 29, 2020, 04:01:41 PM
Jaws

A lot different from the movie, but not necessarily in a bad way. I read it for the first time about 2 years ago and gave it a C+. I guess I just had a hard time embracing the extra human interest that the novel allowed for.

But I literally couldn't put it down last night. That's probably the fastest I've ever read a book. Really, really enjoyed it this time.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Still on Acceptance, but I'm also listening to an audio book version of Solaris.

Huggs

Huggs

MEG: A Novel of Deep Terror

Russ840

Russ840

Just finished my 4th read of Jurassic Park. My fav book.

I read Meg: Angel of Death Vol 1 Survival, today.  Very short and more of the same but I love the meg novels.

Tonight I'm starting Primitive War. Anyone read it ?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Nestling by Charles L. Grant

Ivan The Insect

Ivan The Insect

Children of Ruin by Adrian Tchaikovsky

Huggs

Huggs

The War of the Worlds

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Huggs on May 29, 2020, 04:19:57 PM
Quote from: Hudson on May 29, 2020, 04:01:41 PM
Jaws

A lot different from the movie, but not necessarily in a bad way. I read it for the first time about 2 years ago and gave it a C+. I guess I just had a hard time embracing the extra human interest that the novel allowed for.

But I literally couldn't put it down last night. That's probably the fastest I've ever read a book. Really, really enjoyed it this time.
I have also read Jaws in a single sitting. It's great. Highly recommend it.

I'm currently reading The Un-dead. It's Dracula but with some of Stoker's unused ideas added back in posthumously by Joel Emerson. It's pretty good so far, but then again, it's Dracula, so even though there are changes, it's still essentially the same book!

j0nesy

j0nesy

re-reading alien: prototype to see how i feel about it this time around, not the best or worst in the series, think it'll be remembered as "the one with the necrosis-ridden xeno"

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Finally finished Nightmare Asylum to end the trilogy of the Earth War series. Once I was done I was really able to take in the three novels and ultimately really enjoyed them. I also liked reading about Billie and Wilks relationship throughout.

I still don't know how I feel about the ending though, a few questions I have about characters but I just started Genocide so we'll see if anyone gets mentioned.

TC

TC

Quote from: Russ840 on Jun 02, 2020, 05:53:46 PM
Just finished my 4th read of Jurassic Park. My fav book.

If you like Crichton's Jurassic Park you might like Cold Storage by David Koepp. Yes, that David Koepp. This is his first novel, and it has a lot of Andromeda Strain tension, with the Jurassic Park novel's horror, but with the movie's sense of humour.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/30/books/review/david-koepp-cold-storage.html

TC

Janek

Janek

Atm I am reading Bag of Bones by Stephen King. Half way through it and I really like it so far.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Started reading Predator: Hunters and Hunted.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed