The acting

Started by nukem11, Dec 23, 2007, 08:37:34 PM

Author
The acting (Read 5,064 times)

nukem11

nukem11

Its what I dreaded really, the main gripe I have with the film. Im happy with everything else but its too TV style what you would see in heroes or lost trying to make things tense and stuff and looks a bit corny oh well.

WisePredator

WisePredator

That's what you get for casting stage, and tv series, actors in an A-List movie franchise.

severen76

severen76

but i doubt they could afford A list actors, and the first AvP never had any A listers

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

the monsters are the stars.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Please, don't quote the Strauses.

It's irritating.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

im quoting myself mate i dont give a toss about A listers.

nukem11

nukem11

It does have exciting stuff but its very TV style rather than big performances you wo.uld find in action films. It looks like they try to make it intense but it seems tame.

Like with the boy and his dad if that scene was in the original alien films that kid would have screamed or cried and he didnt seem to show enough reaction.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Ppl react to fear in different ways, look at brett in Alien he just stood there and looked at it.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: shakermakerman on Dec 23, 2007, 08:51:20 PM
Ppl react to fear in different ways, look at brett in Alien he just stood there and looked at it.
Wouldn't you?

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: WisePredator on Dec 23, 2007, 08:52:25 PM
Wouldn't you?

no i would freek out and try to get away.

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 23, 2007, 08:54:56 PM
AVP had the bigger stars and although the film sucked there performances were better.

Yeah, true.

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: shakermakerman on Dec 23, 2007, 08:53:11 PM
Quote from: WisePredator on Dec 23, 2007, 08:52:25 PM
Wouldn't you?

no i would freek out and try to get away.

Exactly you would react and run but they just wanted that creeping over for a jump rather than shit run you little bastard.

Yautja666

Yautja666

Quote from: nukem11 on Dec 23, 2007, 08:37:34 PM
Its what I dreaded really, the main gripe I have with the film. Im happy with everything else but its too TV style what you would see in heroes or lost trying to make things tense and stuff and looks a bit corny oh well.

What do you expect from a low budget film. Fox fault here, it became a cheap company over the time.
I found the acting not so bad at all though.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: shakermakerman on Dec 23, 2007, 08:45:42 PM
the monsters are the stars.

No they aren't. As far as I'm concerned Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skeritt, Ian Holm, Lance Henriksen, Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton, Charles Dance, Charles Dutton, Dan Hedaya, Michael Wincott, Ron Perlman, Winona Ryder, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jesse Ventura, Bill Duke, Gary Busey, and Danny Glover were.

The monsters were never the main focus point.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

The monsters create the tone and act as antagonists, but if you don't care about who falls to them then it's all for naught.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed