All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,791,490 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ahh, man... Amazon is the worst. I pre-ordered The Art of The Mandalorian a month back and it was due to release yesterday. On Monday, the day before it was set to release, I got a notification from Amazon saying that it arrived - but there was no package outside of my house. On Tuesday I called them about that and they said it must have just been mismarked as delivered and that it should be here soon. I took them at their word, hung up, and carried on with my day. And now, this morning, my neighbor just knocked on my door. I guess the package was delivered, most likely back on Monday like the website said, to the wrong house in the middle of a massive storm over here and it had sat outside of the wrong house through the entire storm and had been there for 24+ hours since then. So that's great. Book is all soggy and warped, but once it dries it should at least be mostly readable, which I guess is the best case scenario in all of this because Amazon won't be able to get me a good replacement copy for another two weeks since it is currently out of stock.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I deleted amazon account ages ago. f**k them.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

THE BEST OF THE JEDI: ROSARIO DAWSON ON BRINGING AHSOKA TANO TO LIVE-ACTION AND THE MANDALORIAN

https://www.starwars.com/news/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-tano-interview

Immortan Jonesy

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 02, 2020, 02:23:45 PM
Ahh, man... Amazon is the worst. I pre-ordered The Art of The Mandalorian a month back and it was due to release yesterday. On Monday, the day before it was set to release, I got a notification from Amazon saying that it arrived - but there was no package outside of my house. On Tuesday I called them about that and they said it must have just been mismarked as delivered and that it should be here soon. I took them at their word, hung up, and carried on with my day. And now, this morning, my neighbor just knocked on my door. I guess the package was delivered, most likely back on Monday like the website said, to the wrong house in the middle of a massive storm over here and it had sat outside of the wrong house through the entire storm and had been there for 24+ hours since then. So that's great. Book is all soggy and warped, but once it dries it should at least be mostly readable, which I guess is the best case scenario in all of this because Amazon won't be able to get me a good replacement copy for another two weeks since it is currently out of stock.

This is the way.

Immortan Jonesy

ace3g

Highland

Highland

Well damn that was a good episode. Not sure what one I liked more the Ashoka or that one, but they are the best two so far.

So simple, so effective. We got some Star Wars back.

Prez

Prez

Spoiler
Goodbye Razorcrest. Hello Slave 1.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So much to unpack from this new episode.

Spoiler
Old Boba's getting a little thick around the middle these days.  He's like Robert Baratheon trying to squeeze into his armor.

Then again, Temuera Morrison wasn't the guy wearing the suit in TESB.  That was Jeremy Bulloch.  It looked similarly strange on Timothy Olyphant's build too.

I can't say I'm sad to see the Razor Crest go.  I never thought it was a particularly inspired design, but now I'm wondering if Mando is going to wind up inheriting the Slave I at some point.

Stormtroopers were "paper people" yet again.  Gideon must have an inexhaustible supply if he's willing to throw them into the meat grinder like that over and over.

I never expected a Jedi to just show up, but now the call has gone out.  Someone significant is bound to take notice and make an appearance in a later episode.

As I suspected, Gideon's cruiser isn't a common sight.  Boba Fett himself took it as confirmation that the Empire is back in a significant way.

The dark troopers were disappointing.  The CG effects looked like 2004 BSG cylons to me.  Their design sucks too.
[close]

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 04, 2020, 11:06:29 AM
So much to unpack from this new episode.

Spoiler
Old Boba's getting a little thick around the middle these days.  He's like Robert Baratheon trying to squeeze into his armor.

Then again, Temuera Morrison wasn't the guy wearing the suit in TESB.  That was Jeremy Bulloch.  It looked similarly strange on Timothy Olyphant's build too.

I can't say I'm sad to see the Razor Crest go.  I never thought it was a particularly inspired design, but now I'm wondering if Mando is going to wind up inheriting the Slave I at some point.

Stormtroopers were "paper people" yet again.  Gideon must have an inexhaustible supply if he's willing to throw them into the meat grinder like that over and over.

I never expected a Jedi to just show up, but now the call has gone out.  Someone significant is bound to take notice and make an appearance in a later episode.

As I suspected, Gideon's cruiser isn't a common sight.  Boba Fett himself took it as confirmation that the Empire is back in a significant way.

The dark troopers were disappointing.  The CG effects looked like 2004 BSG cylons to me.  Their design sucks too.
[close]

Pretty much agree with all of this. How cool was the
Spoiler
Boba Fett big bad beat stick
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, that was brutal.  It does raise a big question for me though:

Spoiler
Why didn't Boba Fett just march into Mos Pelgo and take his armor back from Cobb Vanth?  Vanth is no pushover, but Fett is clearly on another level given his displays of badassery in this episode.

And I guess they finally settled the mystery regarding the Fetts' heritage.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 04, 2020, 11:06:29 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
First thought when seeing Boba in the armour was:

I think he needs to take a page out of Robert Baratheon's book and find the breastplate stretcher though. ;D

So cool seeing him in action though. He's a beast.

I am really curious to find out who Grogu connected with on the Seeing Stone.

And I am quite pleased to see that they reversed a previous retcon and that both Jango and Boba ARE once again Mandalorian.

Jaster Mereel confirmed in that text.

[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Oh wow, lots to say but first of all...

Spoiler
I'd like to pour one out for the Razor Crest, my favorite new ship of Disney's Star Wars. I love you, you big dumb space minivan, and I will miss you.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I'm also glad because that dull retcon was corrected  :laugh:

Moff Gideon's cruiser has some nice pre-Imperial vibes. In particular the Venator-class Star Destroyer. About certaing Gideon's project...

Spoiler
Although they are probably not finished yet, the Dark Troopers look like Ironman-ish droids. Maybe Grogu is required for something else  :-\
[close]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 04, 2020, 12:39:34 PM
Oh wow, lots to say but first of all...

Spoiler
I'd like to pour one out for the Razor Crest, my favorite new ship of Disney's Star Wars. I love you, you big dumb space minivan, and I will miss you.
[close]

That part was sad indeed  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed