Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition

Started by x-M-x, Feb 19, 2016, 06:55:20 PM

Author
Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition (Read 199,057 times)

BlueMarsalis79

For anyone suffering issues getting Monolith's AVP to run even after following the installation of the All in One Edition, and installing the Master Server patch, follow this instruction here:

Use the files attached to this post put all in your Monolith's AVP directory folder, if you desire to use modifications first create a folder called "custom" in the AVP directory, place your modifications in that folder. Then open the launcher and tick "Always specify these command-line parameters" on, then in the box above that enter your list of AVP modifications, such as "-rez custom/X.REZ -rez custom/Drone.REZ -rez custom/Runner.REZ -rez custom/A.REZ -rez custom/B.REZ -rez custom/C.REZ" for example.

For activating the modification of your choosing "-rez custom/X.REZ" specifically, just exchange "X.REZ" for the name of the modification of your choosing for instance "PROJAM.REZ" instead, apply this repeatedly as applicable to your own set up. Or you can add new entries entirely such as "-rez custom\PlagariusPraepotens.REZ" but remember that the following entry will always take priority over the prior entry.

I have also attached my XPadder configuration if you wish to play it with a Xbox type Gamepad or Controller, the main profile in the AVP.zip's already set up for use with this application to be launched alongside the game itself "BlueMarsalis" with "BlueMarsalisMK" being configured for Keyboard and Mouse, I hope this helps.

Schrödinger

Schrödinger

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 22, 2021, 08:40:42 PM
Guessing restarting the campaign isn't fixing it? Press enter and type "<cheat> mpsixthsense" to turn on noclip and get past them, then do the same to turn it off. Hopefully that's the only broken thing.

Any plans for a patch that'll allow us to play the game without ever having to use the cheat console to get past that levels broken doors and other issues? A few years back every door worked. Nowadays it seems like SP bugs cropped up. I take it that's due to the major focus being more on MP instead of SP?

Also, couldn't a lot of issues and google hunting that leads to mostly dead ends be solved by just updating the EXE Edition to include all the current fixes and the new MSP, etc?

[cancerblack]

I have not personally encountered any broken doors or things failing to trigger, just a lot of hassle with alternate vision modes (that are no longer issues with win10 and don't require patches any more).

Have you had the door issue on multiple machines?

Corporal Hicks

I've had an issue in Betrayal where once I trigger one of the big doors once, it wont open back up again, so I have to go through it when I want to.

[cancerblack]

Big doors? Like after you drop down from the sentry gun crawlspace?

Coldchaos

I've encountered 2 issues so far.

I'm using the exe version and when I follow the instructions and install it all, I get a weird error and can't play the avp2 but I can play the expansion just fine.

The other issue is when I don't install the expansion I can play the original but getting some weird graphical errors. Anyone else had this and solved it? Running win 10 / 2070 super.

x-M-x

Quote from: Coldchaos on Jul 31, 2021, 10:14:33 PM
I've encountered 2 issues so far.

I'm using the exe version and when I follow the instructions and install it all, I get a weird error and can't play the avp2 but I can play the expansion just fine.

The other issue is when I don't install the expansion I can play the original but getting some weird graphical errors. Anyone else had this and solved it? Running win 10 / 2070 super.

Make sure you installed master server patch for both avp2 & avp2 primal hunt

https://avpunknown.com/avp2master

Comes with many hotfixes.

I Come In Peace

Is anyone else having problems with setting the controls? everything is unassigned and when trying to set them and back out of the menu it automatically goes back to default unassigns them. I cant even play the game lol.

KingKenny

Quote from: I Come In Peace on Sep 23, 2021, 05:00:48 PM
Is anyone else having problems with setting the controls? everything is unassigned and when trying to set them and back out of the menu it automatically goes back to default unassigns them. I cant even play the game lol.

Make a new profile and it should set the controls to default.

I Come In Peace

I Come In Peace

Quote from: KingKenny on Sep 23, 2021, 08:41:44 PM

Tried that and still no luck :{

weird i installed this game on another computer over a year ago and never ran into this problem.

KingKenny

Quote from: I Come In Peace on Sep 25, 2021, 08:23:38 PM
Quote from: KingKenny on Sep 23, 2021, 08:41:44 PM

Tried that and still no luck :{

weird i installed this game on another computer over a year ago and never ran into this problem.

You likely need to replace the autoexec.cfg. A reinstall can fix it too. I had this happen to me in the past a few times.

I first back up the files I want in a separate folder (mods and such), then uninstall the game, run ccleaner to clean the registry of avp2 entries and then reinstall the game. It was then fixed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed