Recent posts

Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Aliens vs Avengers
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 09:21:34 AM
What can I say? I'm only really interested in Alien.

Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:19:51 AMOh come on, by what possible metric is it the greatest?

Personal opinion.
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:19:51 AM
It went brilliantly. Highest selling independent comic of the time. Successful line of comics, novels and games. The whole reason this site exists.

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Today at 09:15:41 AMIt just feels distasteful that this greatest of franchises is being used for such a purpose

Oh come on, by what possible metric is it the greatest?
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 09:15:41 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 09:08:49 AMThat's fair. It just that your reasoning is a bit ... dubious

Really? I think my reasoning is perfectly valid. Marvel as a brand has been struggling recently, and now D*sney is trying to defibrillate it with Alien. It just feels distasteful that this greatest of franchises is being used for such a purpose

Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:13:58 AMHow do you think we got AvP ... ?

Yeah, and look at how that went! I tried watching AvP last night and didn't get to the end! Moreover, Ridley Scott hates any mention of it!
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:13:58 AM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Today at 09:07:27 AMIt's the "'Cause we could" vibe that flows off this thing in waves. We own all of this, let's slam it all together!
How do you think we got AvP ... ?
Recreational Area / Re: The 'last thing you bought...
Last post by HuDaFuK - Today at 09:13:04 AM
I somehow still haven't got around to rewatching that. Must do it on my next day off.
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by PsyKore - Today at 09:10:32 AM
My fear is the film will give everything fans want but ultimately will be nothing new. Its characters and story will need to stand pretty strong on its own merits so it doesn't fall into the "ho-hum" category. I mean, I'm not expecting it to rival the Oscar caliber of the first two movies, but I think it's definitely gotta bring something pretty strong to the table.
Last post by Kradan - Today at 09:08:49 AM
I know one guy who thinks Superman is dark:

Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Today at 09:07:27 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:06:16 AMJust sounds like cope to me.

No, it's my opinion. And I stand by it.

That's fair. It just that your reasoning is a bit ... dubious
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 09:07:27 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:06:16 AMJust sounds like cope to me.

No, it's my opinion. And I stand by it.

More to the point, it's not the colour of the uniforms that annoys me either. It's the "'Cause we could" vibe that flows off this thing in waves. We own all of this, let's slam it all together!
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:06:16 AM
Just sounds like cope to me.

Superman wears his bright primary coloured underwear outside his bright primary coloured pants against the Aliens. Let's please be consistent.
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 09:06:05 AM
Right through the f**king wall !
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed