Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed

Started by genocyber, Mar 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

Author
Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed (Read 50,425 times)

genocyber

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3428092/saw-alien-covenant-scene-reveals-origin-xenomorphs/
QuoteOur own Trace Thurman is currently at SXSW, where a few select scenes from Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant were shown off this past weekend. Trace is currently working on an article detailing the footage he saw, so you can expect to read that very soon. In the meantime, there's a super important reveal made in one of the scenes that we just had to let you know about.

If you want ZERO spoilers, proceed with caution.

Scott recently noted that prequel Alien: Covenant will reveal the true origin of the Xenomorph we first met back in 1979, and one of the clips shown at SXSW divulged that secret info ahead of the film's May release. At the end of Prometheus, we saw the birth of the "proto-Xenomorph" known as Deacon, but the origin of the actual Xenomorphs is tied directly to android David.

Here's a brief recap of the scene:

David (Michael Fassbender) is giving Christopher (Billy Crudup) a tour of his workshop, where he's been working on genetically engineering creatures of his own; he's become fascinated with these alien creatures in the wake of the events of Prometheus. David shows Christopher a handful of familiar-looking eggs that are part of his process, revealing that he needs a human host in order to complete their birth. That host, of course, is Christopher himself.

Yes, that means that android David is responsible for literally creating the Xenomorphs. Christopher will later be attacked by a Face Hugger and then give birth to a classic Xeno – footage from that very attack can be seen in the film's official trailer, corroborating this info.

Pretty crazy, eh?!

Katherine Waterston (Inherent Vice, Jobs, The Babysitters) stars with Michael Fassbender returning as Prometheus' android David (and Walter), with a crew that includes Demian Bichir and Danny McBride ("Eastbound and Down"), as well as Alex England (Gods of Egypt), Billy Crudup, Amy Seimetz (A Horrible Way to Die, "The Killing"), Jussie Smollett ("Empire"), Carmen Ejogo, and Callie Hernandez (Machete Kills). James Franco also has a role.

Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition

Alien: Covenant arrives in theaters on May 19, 2017.

SpeedyMaxx

Clearly screened as part of the fake version of Alien: Covenant to throw people off track.

JokersWarPig

If this (or something similar) turns out to be true I will be severely let down. I'll accept the AVP back story better than David being their creator.

The Alien Predator

Yeah, I'll always see the Aliens as ancient beasts that were created by a primordial alien civilisation and many have attempted to exploit them and failed ever since.

No way one android simply creates them. I think he is merely following the recipe for making the Aliens, a recipe that has been done before.

He's not their creator but a re-creator of that particular strain of Xenomorph in that localised area.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 13, 2017, 09:38:30 PM
If this (or something similar) turns out to be true I will be severely let down. I'll accept the AVP back story better than David being their creator.

Why is this some shock? It's been widely reported for months.

reecebomb

I still find it hard to be true, but nothing suggests otherwise  :-\  Ridley acts like he is the sole creator of the franchise, i'm sure Dan o'Bannon and many others responsible for Alien would not approved this. It completely kills the alien in alien. The trailers look so shit that maybe this film won't be taken seriously and will be retconned in the future. I'm really unpleasantly surprised how many on avpgalaxy are cool with this.

FreeFacehugz

He's not creating them. He's re-creating them. IMO.

SpeedyMaxx

^^That would be my save for it, too. But I doubt it's what the movie (or future movies) will suggest.

reecebomb

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Mar 13, 2017, 10:02:51 PM
He's not creating them. He's re-creating them. IMO.

This is something some of the fans have made up to lessen the blow. There's a slim this could be true, but i doubt it.

Sutekh The Destroyer

Sutekh The Destroyer

"David shows Christopher a handful of familiar-looking eggs"

Well that cannot mean Xenomorph eggs, how can you possibly have a "hand full" of something thats half as tall as a human and easily shoulder width in diameter or more.

The only thing remotely egg like that Davide could have a "hand full" of are the pods that release the Neomorph spores.

So Davide is not creating Xenomorphs but the Neomorphs.  That or this info is fake.

wedgeg

wedgeg

So how were the alien eggs created they would have to come from a queen?

ebbhead40

ebbhead40

I don't believe its fans just wishfully thinking / hoping as the alien clearly already exists.. remember the mural from Prometheus.
Yes it could be a pre existing protomorph in the mural but unless the biomech of the xeno is specifically developed by David, then he is just recreating or reactivating something pre-existing rather than 'inventing' something new

Valaquen

Quote from: wedgeg on Mar 13, 2017, 10:54:40 PM

The Queen can be a mutation.

Vermillion

Exactly

Ridley is killing the franchise

He's doing a George Lucas.

hfeldhaus

The mural from Prometheus points to the xeno being around for a lot longer. David is obviously recreating them, maybe his experiments lead them to being more bio-mechanical.

Quote from: Vermillion on Mar 13, 2017, 11:02:23 PM

Exactly

Ridley is killing the franchise

He's doing a George Lucas.

Are all your posts hysterical?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed