What are your favourite soundtracks?

Started by Predator Eldar, Mar 24, 2007, 07:06:47 AM

Author
What are your favourite soundtracks? (Read 122,119 times)

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

I really like the soundtrack to DBKai especially before Kenji Yamamoto was fired. Just love the orchestras and shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wNUI-JfbGQ#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNHCOjQjAQ#ws

These two happen to be my personal favorites especially the second. :)

First Blood

That's a great movie. f**k the haters. I remember seeing it in theaters when it was released and being very drawn into the story – the part when they were checking the frozen bodies gave me nightmares.

And seeing Kate Winslet naked wasn't too bad either.  ;D

Shasvre

Yeah, it's probably my favorite Cameron movie (and I still love them all except for Avatar). I was completely blown away with it back in '97 and I'm definitely going to check it out when it's re-released later this year. The 3D isn't that important, I just want to see it on the big screen again.

Along with Hymn To The Sea, my favorite score from this would be;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Lx9tTq7vE#ws

Somewhat fitting, seeing as how they're each others total opposites. Southampton being the positive "feel good" tune of the movie, the beginning of the journey and Hymn To The Sea being this dark, sad theme that ends it all.

First Blood

Do you know the name of the track that plays when Rose first steps out of the cab at the dock and glances up at the Titanic, is it Leaving Port?

Shasvre

Hm, I don't really remember what music they played at that moment, but I don't think it was Leaving Port. If memory serves me right, I would have actually guessed that would be Southampton. :-\

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Jan 19, 2012, 05:40:00 PM
Hm, I don't really remember what music they played at that moment, but I don't think it was Leaving Port. If memory serves me right, I would have actually guessed that would be Southampton. :-\

Yep you're right. After doing a little digging I found it.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYlc30NtRy8#

CSM101

CSM101

The Terminator even if it does have a piece missing  ::)
Terminator 2
Star Wars Trilogy
Some of the James bond film soundtracks.
Halloween

It's a shame Brad Fiedel gave up composing..

I like a lot of different soundtrack music besides these but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are my favourite.

RagingDragon

Quote from: CSM101 on Jan 23, 2012, 11:28:04 AM
The Terminator even if it does have a piece missing  ::)
Terminator 2
Star Wars Trilogy
Some of the James bond film soundtracks.
Halloween

It's a shame Brad Fiedel gave up composing..

I like a lot of different soundtrack music besides these but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are my favourite.
God I do love The Terminator.  The music was nice and dark, really helped set the mood for the bleak, violent future we get to see.  Whats missing?  I dont have the disc, but I'm an avid soundtrack/score fan, and thats common that albums they release either dont have all of the music, or its modified somehow from the film version.

I'm glad with Terminator 2 they stuck with the main theme and those damn cool hammer/anvil noises.  Terminator: Salvation was disappointing, and I don't actually remember much the music, though it was Danny Elfman! 

Promethean Fire

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jan 23, 2012, 08:49:36 PM
I'm glad with Terminator 2 they stuck with the main theme and those damn cool hammer/anvil noises.  Terminator: Salvation was disappointing, and I don't actually remember much the music, though it was Danny Elfman!

Danny Elfman seems to have lost his touch in recent years.  :(

CSM101

CSM101

QuoteGod I do love The Terminator.  The music was nice and dark, really helped set the mood for the bleak, violent future we get to see.  Whats missing?  I dont have the disc, but I'm an avid soundtrack/score fan, and thats common that albums they release either dont have all of the music, or its modified somehow from the film version.

I have both Terminator cd's Terminator and Terminator the definative edition. What's missing is a piece of music played during the garage chase. Presumably as you said the soundtrack is recorded and then edited for the film. Nevertheless what plays in the film is completely different so it doesn't make it definative  ;D The rest of the cd is good though. As for the first cd that's just mainly the pop music used in the film with a few alternative versions of some of the score.

QuoteI'm glad with Terminator 2 they stuck with the main theme and those damn cool hammer/anvil noises.

Yes me too, and although I prefer the first soundtrack I do still like the second as Brad continues using his synths to compose. The difference being that he uses a fairlight CMI for all of the score in 2, and an Oberheim synthesizer and sequencer, emulator 1, and prophet 10 in the first film. The prophet was used to create the electric heartbeat sound in all the scenes where it shows the t-800.

First Blood

SpaceMarines

Crazy Rich

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed