[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 134,033 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

With the modern entertainment climate and its associated standards, it's unsurprising that they went with a 'damage-sponge' approach when it comes to the Predator. It makes a lot of legacy fans happy, it attracts potential new fans and so forth.

I didn't really mind it, to be honest. They didn't overdo it and it worked fine within the context of the film - the Predator never felt too overpowered.

Master

BlueMarsalis79

For this species we know next to nothing about the biology of?

Yeah okay...

Master

For human. We've seen Predator take punishment no mortal man could survive and we know they are much more resilient then us, no argument about that. Still it's not avoiding vital organs and is no flash wound.

SiL

SiL

Predators do not like having holes opened in them, they're pretty consistent with that across every movie.

Jungle Hunter heals his leg wound. City Hunter runs for medical treatment. Scar is killed being impaled. Wolf needs to patch up when he gets impaled. Falconer is killed by being cut open with a katana.

We also see them armour that side of the chest even when leaving the other side completely exposed, which kind of tells us something.

"But it's an alien" doesn't work when you're 7 movies deep and the previous 6 were pretty much in agreement on a subject.

PAS Spinelli

What makes you think Feral loved having this hole in him? He closes the wound offscreen. Not the first time a Predator gets a hole in a vital area of the body, CH took multiple gunshots to his gut and exposed chest (right where his heart would be) and was still able to walk around just fine after laying down in the ground for a few seconds.

SiL

SiL

It gets up, kills Keyes and runs. It doesn't hang around to finish Harrigan off.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2022, 08:08:41 AMIt gets up, kills Keyes and runs. It doesn't hang around to finish Harrigan off.
Nope, it tries finishing him off then and there more than once.

SiL

SiL

While running away. It doesn't stop to confirm if it hit Harrigan or not on the rooftop, he throws the spear and gets ready to keep running. That's how Harrigan is able to blindside him.

Then he tries to blow himself up.

If the spear was the only thing out of place I wouldn't really care, but it was more the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of feeling like I'm watching Jason with a cloaking device.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2022, 08:16:23 AMWhile running away. It doesn't stop to confirm if it hit Harrigan or not on the rooftop, he throws the spear and gets ready to keep running. That's how Harrigan is able to blindside him.

If the spear was the only thing out of place I wouldn't really care, but it was more the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of feeling like I'm watching Jason with a cloaking device.
Immediately after getting up, CH starts chasing Harrigan around the freezer, he was hellbent on killing him until he got ambushed for the third time that night, this time by Keyes.

OpenMaw

Sil's right.

It is a inconsistency. I don't know that I would call it Voorhees, but it is an inconsistency. However I will say it seems to be an inconsistency that is consistent with the Feral Predator over all. He's a bit of a messy brute.

But yeah, CH was absolutely retreating after getting shotgunned. He was using the respirator, which I don't care what anyone says, I still hold that has more to do with his injuries than it does the atmosphere. Jungle Hunter had no such issue and made that choice deliberately.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 26, 2022, 08:22:39 AM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2022, 08:16:23 AMWhile running away. It doesn't stop to confirm if it hit Harrigan or not on the rooftop, he throws the spear and gets ready to keep running. That's how Harrigan is able to blindside him.

Immediately after getting up, CH starts chasing Harrigan around the freezer, he was hellbent on killing him until he got ambushed for the third time that night, this time by Keyes.
He smashed the gun and started lumbering after him knowing he was unarmed. When Keyes got him and he realised he was injured and under attack he left. He didn't stop to fight Harrigan again; like I said, he threw the spear and resumed running. He didn't even try to get his weapon back or confirm his prize trophy.

Feral was injured and under attack and kept going.

Whether you care about there being a difference is up to you, but there is a difference in characterisation there.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2022, 08:36:53 AMHe smashed the gun and started lumbering after him knowing he was unarmed. When Keyes got him and he realised he was injured and under attack he left. He didn't stop to fight Harrigan again; like I said, he threw the spear and resumed running. He didn't even try to get good weapon back.

Whether you care about there being a difference is up to you, but there is a difference in characterisation there.
Except that is literally what he did, he pulled the disk out and killed the only real threat in the area?

Infact, after killing Keyes he starts chasing Karrigan again lol

SiL

SiL

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 26, 2022, 08:38:32 AM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2022, 08:36:53 AMHe smashed the gun and started lumbering after him knowing he was unarmed. When Keyes got him and he realised he was injured and under attack he left. He didn't stop to fight Harrigan again; like I said, he threw the spear and resumed running. He didn't even try to get good weapon back.

Except that is literally what he did, he pulled the disk out and killed the only real threat in the area?
He threw a one hit kill weapon - which he could've then used on Harrigan, his prize trophy, but chose to leave.

Feral missed several times and was having rings run around him.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli
Infact, after killing Keyes he starts chasing Karrigan again lol
I know that's supposed to be a gotcha but it just kind of feeds into "wounded Predator struggles to kill prey, leaves instead of pressing it".

OpenMaw

City Hunter does chase Harrigan up the ladder, and does take one last crack at trying to kill him, but he's also very clearly trying to get outta dodge and head back to the ship. He's looking in that direction when Harrigan gets the drop on him with the spear. He's also very clearly not doing fine because he abandon's his mask and his spear in favor of retreat.

Who knows? Maybe Feral was on some Predator Space Ganje... Anything is possible. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed