Ancient-Feudal World Thread 🗿🏹🏛

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 07, 2015, 05:44:24 AM

Author
Ancient-Feudal World Thread 🗿🏹🏛 (Read 20,912 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Colossus of Rhodes, Greece

"This mighty statue wasn't called the Colossus of Rhodes for nothing. Taking 12 years to build between c.294-282 BC, the bronze sculpture of the Greek sun-god Helios stood in Rhodes harbor at a whopping 105 feet (32m)

The statue was destroyed by an earthquake just over half a century later in c.225 or 226 BC and was left in a state of disrepair for another 800 years. It was melted down and sold for scrap metal during the 7th century, after Arabian forces conquered the island. It took roughly 900 camels to carry all the metal away."

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I bet it was an ancient robot like Talos. Probably damaged as he couldn't defend himself.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

You actually fight him In God of War 2. It's one of my favorite boss fights.

Gr33n M4n

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

At least the finds weren't gold members  :laugh:

Quote from: New York TimesTwo of the people buried there had golden tongues nestled in their jawbones. According to a statement from the ministry, the tongues were meant to ensure that the deceased people would be able to "speak in the afterlife."

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1357060086770900995

razeak

razeak

cool thread. Our origins and world history is fascinating. Imagine what we don't or will never know.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

This Norwegian band of folk music ~ with shamanic-looking members, who use bones (among other things) as musical instruments, bring the sounds of the ancient Germanic peoples.

I also love Jonna Jinton's channel; a Swedish artist who shares her music and her paintings, but also she dedicates her videos to show what her life is like in the natural places of Sweden:

In that last video she visited the U-shaped mountainous valley called Lapporten (gates to Laponia).

Lapland is home to the Sámi people.They have a rich culture that includes music (Yoiks), art, a semi-nomadic reindeer herding, but also games! as Sáhkku and Tablut  8)

Before being assimilated by the Scandinavians, their religion was a form of polytheistic animism, which included shamanic practices in worship of ancient spirits and deities such as the goddess Rana Niejta.

I'm not too much into religion, but what I like is that they seems to be more focused in individual spiritual progress and nature like in Tibetan Buddhism.

Quote from: razeak on Feb 11, 2021, 07:46:39 PM
cool thread. Our origins and world history is fascinating. Imagine what we don't or will never know.

Here is an interesting video that tackles the ancient past from a more philosophical perspective. Also, how the "archaeologists" of the future would recreate our current present.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The bird and the tree are fake, but the place is real: Sigiriya, the ancient rock fortress located from Sri Lanka.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNSaaG2jWip/?igshid=iojhsmkagumz

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Göbekli Tepe: oldest temple structure ever found (11 000 years old) from a time when humans were still supposed to be hunter/gatherers.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Apr 07, 2021, 09:39:11 PM
Göbekli Tepe: oldest temple structure ever found (11 000 years old) from a time when humans were still supposed to be hunter/gatherers.

https://alltourstoturkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/gobekli-tepe.jpg

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eleni-Asouti/publication/322508486/figure/fig9/AS:614081748811789@1523419906476/T-shaped-pillars-from-Enclosure-D-at-Goebekli-Tepe-images-courtesy-of-the-late-Klaus.png

According to new theories of scholars, it is the other way around: the construction of architectural wonders served as fuel for the creation of more complex societies.

Quote from: SmithsonianmagTo Schmidt and others, these new findings suggest a novel theory of civilization. Scholars have long believed that only after people learned to farm and live in settled communities did they have the time, organization and resources to construct temples and support complicated social structures. But Schmidt argues it was the other way around: the extensive, coordinated effort to build the monoliths literally laid the groundwork for the development of complex societies.

Gobekli Tepe: The World's First Temple?

And yet, this dark gap of ancient human prehistory is an interesting subject indeed. I don't believe however that it involves aliens, although believers would say something like "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" which falls into the Non-falsifiable territory. I.e, something that cannot be ascertained whether it is true or wrong. And of course we have philosophical razors such as the Occam's razor or the Newton's flaming laser sword to cut the weeds that don't let us see what is there. Although basically they tell us that the simplest answer tends to be the correct one or that when it comes to non-falsifiables, it is not worth investing any intellectual effort at all.

What I do agree on is how difficult it is to know what happened in the past, especially in the ancient past, through reproducible observations.

So with that in mind ...

Is it possible that a civilization older than the first human civilizations that we know of existed?

I think it's possible though Non-falsifiable. Anyway, here are a couple of interesting videos that put this in perspective.

Now let me wear my tin foil outfit, but with style  :laugh:

To admit that I kind of like the idea of a pre-human civilization  8) although not necessarily a space alien culture but maybe a terrestrial civilization, just not of the homo sapiens species.  :-X

Quote from: WikipediaAccording to Frank and Schmidt, since fossilization is relatively rare and little of Earth's exposed surface is from before the quaternary time period, the chances of finding direct evidence of such a civilization, such as technological artifacts, is small. After a great time span, the researchers concluded, contemporary humans would be more likely to find indirect evidence such as anomalies in the chemical composition or isotope ratios of sediments. Objects that could indicate possible evidence of past civilizations include plastics and nuclear wastes residues buried deep underground or on the ocean floor.

Silurian hypothesis

Oh well...I'm biased anyway  :laugh:

Oh and yeah, I find this cool fan art called Ancient Ritual by Marcel van Vuuren 👀

"A hybrid set inspired by Göbekli Tepe, Geo-thermals and Australia's Aboriginal culture."

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

It's a bit funny that now you are the one who starts mentioning aliens  ;D
I'm not getting into any theories. All I'm convinced of is that there are more similar things still hidden.

I'll check out the videos later.

Nice art. Especially that first peace.

If you're bored and like to nerd out, you might like Graham Hancock's latest book.

Audio
https://archive.org/details/abelc

PDF (includes some nice pictures)
https://archive.org/details/america-before-the-key-to-earths-lost-civilization-a-new-investigation-into-the-

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

What are your thoughts on the "handbag" symbol?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I don't know, you tell me. I promise I won't mess you up with my square skepticism.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed