Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized

Started by OmegaZilla, Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM

Author
Overrated, Overappreciated, Overrecognized (Read 232,482 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I might be wrong but with just read the name Denis Villeneuve, one can be almost 100% sure that he is referring to the Joker movie. But who knows. Life gives surprises. I'm open to a plot twist.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 18, 2021, 11:39:04 AM
Do you mean Joker as character or 2019 movie? Because if later -I'm coming after you

The latter my friend... I'm gonna grab my Alien head shield  :P

Seriously though, I don't find this movie bad or shitty by any means... Just a little overrated, overappreciated and overrecognized that's all  :laugh:

Regarding Villeneuve's work, I actually really like Incendies and Prisoners. I happen to think he fell out a bit after that, thus becoming, you know, the three words above  ;D

HuDaFuK

For a superhero movie, it was bloody incredible.

For a movie on it's own it was merely very good.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 19, 2021, 09:36:22 AM
For a superhero movie, it was bloody incredible.

For a movie on it's own it was merely very good.

But deja-vu in Scorcese's the king of comedy, in better form.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, I wouldn't have watched King of Comedy or Taxi Driver if not for Joker

Idk, that movie just got to something deep inside my soul

BigDaddyJohn

I totally understand. But I saw a lot of people go a bit too far on this movie, IMO.

BlueMarsalis79

Big monsters, more specifically the ones that stand as tall as skyscrapers, and American and Japanese sensibilities in the media we consume.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 31, 2021, 09:59:15 PM
Big monsters, more specifically the ones that stand as tall as skyscrapers

No

QuoteAmerican and Japanese sensibilities in the media we consume.

Yes

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 31, 2021, 09:59:15 PM
Big monsters, more specifically the ones that stand as tall as skyscrapers

[cancerblack]

How are they overrated, overappreciated or overrecognised?

The vast majority of people view them with contempt and derision, with a modest demographic occasionally signing up for stupid fun if the effects/premise of a specific film appeal to them, and a legitimately tiny niche of hardcore fans, most of whom will admit the entire thing is extremely silly while considering that part of the charm.

SiL

The thoroughly middling box office of the Monsterverse agrees with CB and so do I.

Some of those passionate fans absolutely get a bit to t "passionate", but they're a vocal minority of people, not indicative of the general public.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 02, 2021, 06:17:18 PM
How are they overrated, overappreciated or overrecognised?

I think the over complication made here is to see this with some sort a standard over / under line or threshold. Instead, just realize that some might think whatever level a property is rated, appreciated or recognized by the masses - high medium or low- is simply still higher than one think it deserves. :) Easy peasy lemon squeezy

SiL

Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM
Something that is very successful but in your opinion doesn't merit to be so,
Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2021, 08:19:16 PM
The thoroughly middling box office of the Monsterverse agrees with CB and so do I.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2021, 11:31:30 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 04, 2010, 05:12:36 PM
Something that is very successful but in your opinion doesn't merit to be so,
Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2021, 08:19:16 PM

4 Movies in 7 years. Suddenly this isn't very successful.

Godzilla $524,976,069
Kong Skull: Island $566,652,812
Godzilla KOM $386,600,138
Godzilla vs Kong $467,863,133 + HBO Max Views

And there are many mentioned in these pages less successful than these films in this thread. I wish Alien & Predator was this successful.

I know, I know. Now you'll tell me very successful means the billion mark or some other rule, and it still doesn't count... :P

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Mauler and the EFAP podcasts, I really don't get why the people are so like they're just assholes to people who disagrees with them

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed