What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 282,652 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Good stuff.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 18, 2022, 04:02:42 AMI'm alternating between The Last Temptation of Christ and the omnis of B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs.

Plague is mint.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: NecronomIV on Aug 28, 2022, 02:00:27 AMJust watched Annihilation (2018) AD Version. Now doing a re-read of The Southern Reach Trilogy. Up to Authority, which a lot of people hate, but I still find I love the paranoia vibe.

The vibe was cool in Authority, but I found Control to be a thoroughly irritating character to the point that being stuck in his head and hearing about his mommy issues constantly drove me nuts.

Quote from: Ingwar on Aug 28, 2022, 08:39:01 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 18, 2022, 04:02:42 AMI'm alternating between The Last Temptation of Christ and the omnis of B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs.

Plague is mint.

I'm enjoying it even more on the second read, not sure why some of fell flat the first time around. And I'm definitely reading Hell on Earth this time, should be fun.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Birdsong by Sebastian Faulkes.

It's a literary WWI story set in France. It's the book I was reading in 2007 when I met my wife. I don't remember much about it, and I was thinking of discarding it (I never have enough space on the bookshelves) and I figured I'd better re-read it first, just in case.

Seems okay so far. Well written at any rate.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

@[cancerblack] No sign of any Necron chatterboxes yet.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

The Crystal World by J. G. Ballard.

Not dissimilar in many ways to Annihilation, and you can see it was a real influence for the film (references to refraction, cancer, and even a shared character name "Ventress"). Read it years ago and am enjoying the re-read.

Stitch

Stitch

People Who Eat Darkness by Richard Lloyd Parry.

Interesting true crime story about a woman who went missing in Tokyo in 1999, and a dive into the world of hostessing and everything else that goes along with it.

Predboy

Predboy

Picked up the illustrated edition of The Lord of the Rings and have started reading it. Quite a historical moment indeed for me. Never read the books but always loved the movies and the Shadow of Mordor/War games.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The final part of the Jedi Academy Trilogy: Champions of the Force.
These books are quite bad, but the information there is pivotal to some of the better later books (I, Jedi and Thrawn Duology).

Ingwar

Ingwar

Cibola Burn, fourth book in The Expanse series and The Dark Forest, sequel to The Three-Body Problem (trilogy Remembrance of Earth's Past). Sci-fi at its best.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've asked for the 6th Expanse book for Christmas. I really enjoyed the books (as well as f**king loving the show). Really good reads.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Off topic kinda question: why 'what are you reading?' thread is part of General topics and 'what are you listening to right now?' is part of Recreational Area? Isn't reading a recreation activity? :)

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Working on Alien Covenant Origins.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've been listening to the Bond series on Audible. Recently, Thunderball was great, Spy Who Loved Me very much wasn't.  :laugh:

And with real books I've gotten started on the Witcher books, working on Sword of Destiny now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed