Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Sep 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Gives Update on Prometheus 2 (Read 48,952 times)

Gash

Well, one anyway.

SM

Prometheus crashing into the juggernaur finally took care of them.

But since they were nameless and faceless, no one missed them and it had no bearing on the film being "a mess".

Might as well have crew made up a bald convicts...

Mustangjeff

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2014, 02:59:56 AM
Prometheus crashing into the juggernaur finally took care of them.

But since they were nameless and faceless, no one missed them and it had no bearing on the film being "a mess".

Might as well have crew made up a bald convicts...

Or Davids.....

stroggificated

stroggificated

Is there actually hope that we'll get another* decent Alien movie one day, since Scott apparently just wants to do movies about Suit Jockeys and other creatures?

*fixed

SM

Doubt it.

That first one with John Hurt and Ian Holm and that sucked balls.

stroggificated

Oh man. I wanted to write "another"  ::) ;D

CainsSon

I wouldn't be surprised if FOX is attempting to open this up so Alien can go on by itself in tandem with Prometheus.

At least, I hope so, because I will remind everyone again that if this isn't the case, we will no doubt end up with an ALIEN remake.
There is also a good chance we will get a remake and a sequel with the same film. IE: A Remake that can also be a sequel if you want it be.

In my fan-obsessed mind, Im hoping the Sgourney Weaver's interest has led Fox Execs to ask Ridley to re-draft PROMETHEUS 2 so that a third film can cross over with ALIEN 5 and feature Ripley's final story.
Weaver seems eager to do it, Im sure somewhere between her and Ridley during EXODUS, this has come up.

BonesawT101

So, On Saturday I went to the Belfast comic-con, and attempted to try and dig some Prometheus 2 news myself. How you may ask. Well it just so happens that Mr. Ian Whyte was in attendance, the 'Last Engineer' (not to mention the famous wolf predator and Scar from AVP and AVPR respectively). I'd like to take the time to mention that he is a gentleman and very down to earth, easy to talk to and also 7 FOOT 1!

When talking with him I told him how I loved Prometheus and thought his performance of the Engineer was malevolent and frightening. And of course I asked him if he had heard anything bout Prometheus 2 or indeed if he was possibly going to perhaps appear in the sequel.
He laughed and said "I don't know if there is going to be a prometheus 2 to be honest." before continuing There are a lot of rumours going around at the moment about it but we will wait and see what happens."
So I don't know what you guys think, but I do get the feeling that the likelihood of a Prometheus 2 is becoming increasingly unlikely.

Kimarhi

Good. 

Darwinsgirl

Thanks for posting this. Its always good to hear when the actors are so approachable and easy going.

I didn't realize he was that TALL! :o

P.S.

Nice pic  :)

Kimarhi

I'd dunk on him. 

BonesawT101

As he was rising up out of the chair My jaw dropped at his height!  :o  I almost felt like David in Prometheus when the engineer awakens hahaha. He was a great guy, and as I said very approachable. Got him to sign my blu ray copy of Prometheus that has his face as the front cover. Now it sits proudly along with my Giger signature and Alien cinemaquette statue.  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well, even though it is more logical to think that the movie is stuck in development hell, we should not forget that Alien and Aliens are separated by 6 years. The same happens between Alien and Alien 3 and so on with the rest of the franchise (including the AVP films).

So Prometheus 2 it's still possible, and I think the real question is who will be the director of the sequel.

Other options could be; a potential Alien 5 or a AVP reboot.

SM

I don't think it's stuck in development hell - I just think Riddles is too busy with other stuff.

Aliens took so long because Alan Ladd Jnr left Fox in 1979 and because Alien was done under his tenure, the new regime wanted nothing to do with it.  When the regime changed again, Fox got interested again.  Alien3's hold up has been well documented.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Oct 28, 2014, 11:17:55 PM
I don't think it's stuck in development hell - I just think Riddles is too busy with other stuff.

Aliens took so long because Alan Ladd Jnr left Fox in 1979 and because Alien was done under his tenure, the new regime wanted nothing to do with it.  When the regime changed again, Fox got interested again.  Alien3's hold up has been well documented.

;D But one thing's for sure; the sequel will be ready between 2017 and 2018, not before that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed