Any updates on the lawsuit?

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Apr 02, 2014, 04:59:52 PM

Author
Any updates on the lawsuit? (Read 81,107 times)

Anonymous

Anonymous

I am broke right now was the price really 90? for the game and season pass preorder??!!! Did I really give them sonbish 90 mackaroos?!! I would like that back or at least 80 percent of seeing as Multiplayer is dead. But who knows? was it 90? I dont believe I did that or had it did to me

Engineer

Engineer

I believe it was:

$60 standard edition
$100 collectors edition
$30 season pass
$15 bug hunt pack (w/o season pass)
$10 reconissance pack (w/o season pass)
$10 movie pack (w/o season pass)
$10 stasis interrupted pack (w/o season pass)
$5 collectors edition DLC bonuses
$5 pre-order DLC bonuses
$1 for monster energy drink customization
$1 sawed off shotgun
$1 (some other weapon I can't recall, SHARP sticks, maybe??)

predxeno

predxeno

So I spent $132 on the game, then.

Engineer

Engineer

If you bought everything for as cheaply as possible, it would have been $133...

predxeno

predxeno

The monster energy drink customization kit I got for free cause their Facebook page was giving out free codes.

Engineer

Engineer

Lucky you! Lol, jk

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 01, 2015, 04:12:31 AM
It sucks gearbox is getting off the hook for this... But yea, we should have known better! Gearbox has a good track record for IPs and franchises THEY own (borderlands for example), but a terrible track record for any series they do NOT own... Halo pc had mixed reviews and definitely not the best port; and "duke nukem forever" was apparently just as bad as A:CM.

My lesson learned here is to start paying more attention to the developer and publisher for a game, and put less stock in the initial trailers.
Only game from Shitbox before A:CM was Borderlands (which I just couldn't get into). Bought A:CM and never bought another title from their lying asses again, even Homeworld: Remastered. Unfortunately, this will now all be swept under the rug. Gamers are too forgiving of a culture. We are less consumers and more overwilling patrons. Anything for the next game. They can implement something that explodes people's comps and they'd have a horde of defenders. All for the next Borederlands.

f**k Shitbox.

Engineer

Engineer

What do you mean before ACM gearbox's only other game was borderlands? They also had duke nukem forever and halo pc. Not exactly original series, but poor quality nonetheless...

Jekku

Jekku

I'm not going to go overboard with my reaction to this unfortunate news.  However, I will state that Gearbox will never get another cent from me again.  It's rather unfortunate, because there are some talented people who work there.  Maybe if a change of leadership happens, I'll consider but until then... I'm done with Gearbox.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 03, 2015, 07:03:53 PMI believe it was:

$60 standard edition
$100 collectors edition
$30 season pass
$15 bug hunt pack (w/o season pass)
$10 reconissance pack (w/o season pass)
$10 movie pack (w/o season pass)
$10 stasis interrupted pack (w/o season pass)
$5 collectors edition DLC bonuses
$5 pre-order DLC bonuses
$1 for monster energy drink customization
$1 sawed off shotgun
$1 (some other weapon I can't recall, SHARP sticks, maybe??)

The only thing I can be happy about money-wise with this is that, thanks to Amazon.co.uk screwing up, I got the Collector's Edition for just £30. The little Power Loader statue that came with it is leagues better than anything else in the game.

Engineer

Engineer

Huh... I had a screw up on mine that sort of worked to my benefit too. I was given 2 different codes for the pre order bonus dlc content. I gave the second code to my brother, who waited and picked up the game for <$5 used.

I wonder how many other people had similar occurrences...

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 06, 2015, 01:20:37 AM
What do you mean before ACM gearbox's only other game was borderlands? They also had duke nukem forever and halo pc. Not exactly original series, but poor quality nonetheless...
The fact that I forgot that Shitbox presided over those games should say much, no? I should have seen the signs with DNF.

jimbob30

jimbob30

how can gearbox be dropped from the lawsuit they are the ones that messed the game up they ruined it.it was a game I had very high hopes for after avp but gearbox didn't even have a clue what they were doing from the sounds of things didn't they get another dev to work on it because they were busy with borderlands 2 if that is the case why didn't sega take they game back and find a developer that could do the job even rebellion could have done a better job as avp 2010 was miles better the only thing gearbox got right was the sound of the pulse rifle.i will never buy another game from gearbox again it was my first and will be my last

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed