Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 30,405 times)

Corporal Hicks

I finished watching their In Search of Tomorrow earlier this week. My understanding is Aliens Expanded isn't going to be in the same vein, but I had so much fun with In Search. I really do recommend it.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 20, 2022, 11:53:25 AMI finished watching their In Search of Tomorrow earlier this week. My understanding is Aliens Expanded isn't going to be in the same vein, but I had so much fun with In Search. I really do recommend it.

Yeah, they are pretty good documentaries.  I've also watched In search of Darkness 1 & 2 also.  Not watched part 3 yet.

Wweyland

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Aug 20, 2022, 01:46:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 20, 2022, 11:53:25 AMI finished watching their In Search of Tomorrow earlier this week. My understanding is Aliens Expanded isn't going to be in the same vein, but I had so much fun with In Search. I really do recommend it.

Yeah, they are pretty good documentaries.  I've also watched In search of Darkness 1 & 2 also.  Not watched part 3 yet.
I thought it was just one movie that's in 2 parts (on 2 blu-rays). Maybe you mean In Search Of Tomorrow as the third part?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

I can't believe I only just noticed Ian Nathan is directing.

Alien Vault was awesome.
Pretty sure he also directed one of the previous Alien documentaries that I remember being decent.

Corporal Hicks

The crowd-funding campaign should be starting today. I don't think Ian's directed a previous documentary for Alien, but he was featured prominently in Search of Tomorrow (which I've got to say again, I really enjoyed).

HuDaFuK

I just checked and yeah, you're right. My bad. Maybe he appears as a talking head in one of them or something. I definitely recall a connection in some way or form.

I really wanna check out In Search of Tomorrow, but even the online streaming price is a bit steep for me right now.

David

When does the documentary releases?

Corporal Hicks

There's been no solid date given as yet, David. But I would imagine late 2023 at the latest, early-mid 2024 more realistically.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If you were around in 2020 you will have likely been aware of In Search of Darkness, a crowd-funded documentary devoted to the science-fiction of the 1980s being produced by the team at CreatorVC. Now CreatorVC is back, along with Alien, Ridley Scott and James Cameron historian Ian Nathan, with a new documentary focused solely on Aliens!

Aliens Expanded is aiming to be more than just another behind-the-scenes look at Aliens, it’s a look into the impact it made on cinema, on culture and on the people like you and I that run and visits fan communities such as Alien vs. Predator Galaxy. It’s a look at what makes Aliens so enduring and so magnetic.

Written and Directed by Ian Nathan (Author, Alien Vault) and from the producers of In Search of Darkness I-III and In Search of Tomorrow, Aliens Expanded will be the ultimate companion to James Cameron's Aliens, enhancing your viewing experience with new insights and revelations.

Now in pre-production, our early outreach has already added several key interviewees, including Jenette Goldstein, Mark Rolston, and Carrie Henn, and we'll continue to add further top names from the cast and crew throughout the year.

Joining them will be a supporting cast of top critics, commentators, film historians, fellow filmmakers, scientists, comic-book writers and game designers, building up a detailed picture of the sheer impact this film has had on so many people.

But what will make this documentary truly unique, is that our analysis will be shaped, supported, and energized by the fan communities that Aliens has inspired. From the project’s inception, we have worked directly with many of these groups and influencers (some of whom you will see in the documentary itself) to develop a concept that Aliens superfans will cherish.

Together, we will dig deep into the theories and opinions and pure passion that have built up around this masterpiece. Will you join us? Crowdfunding ends Oct. 1st!

As with CreatorVC’s previous documentaries, Aliens Expanded is made for the fans and is supported by the fans and to that end the team behind the upcoming documentary has begun a crowdfunding campaign that will go from the 6th of September through to the 1st of October.

The basic pledge includes a digital copy of Aliens Expanded, as well as your name in the credit and a digital copy of the soundtrack. The next pledge includes the digital copies, as well as a physical Blu-ray, 2 posters, a sew-on patch, a commemorative booklet and a certificate. You can go one step further and the next pledge includes a t-shirt! All pledges include access to a year-long celebration of Aliens, 20 hours of backer-only events, Q&As with the cast of Aliens, vidcasts and regular backer updates.

New Documentary Aliens Expanded Starts Crowd-Funding Today!

You can also support Aliens Expanded at the Producer level, which includes all the previously mentioned rewards, in addition to Producer credits on the documentary.

Aliens Expanded is expected to begin filming later this year, with an estimated delivery date of October 2023 for the digital copy of the finished documentary and December 2023 for the physical Blu-rays. Well, what are you waiting for, marines?! Assholes and elbows! Head on over to the Alien Expanded website and get backing!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

And I've put my pledge in! Gone for the Blu-ray and shirt. :)

HuDaFuK

I really want the Blu-ray and shirt package but £120 is a big chunk of change atm :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed