Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 24, 2022, 04:22:54 PM

Author
Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro (Read 36,604 times)

Local Trouble

I'll say this much: If Vasquez was a mother, you wouldn't have known it by the way she utterly ignored Newt.  I'd sooner believe that Hicks was a father.

Kradan

That's a good point, actually

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 26, 2022, 06:58:22 PM
I'll say this much: If Vasquez was a mother, you wouldn't have known it by the way she utterly ignored Newt.  I'd sooner believe that Hicks was a father.

Holy shit, case closed.

Stitch

Exactly. Hit the nail on the head right there.

The whole concept behind this book sounded bad as soon as I heard about it, because I could not put Vasquez and motherhood together, but I couldn't figure exactly why.

This is why.

kwisatz

Canon.

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 26, 2022, 08:34:25 PM
Exactly. Hit the nail on the head right there.

The whole concept behind this book sounded bad as soon as I heard about it, because I could not put Vasquez and motherhood together, but I couldn't figure exactly why.

This is why.

She might just not be a great mother, or just doesn't care about other ppl's kids. Or she might be a mother but didn't want to be. I actually think these would be interesting to explore

kwisatz

Maybe she sees herself more in the father role.  ;)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

We can never have enough straight poc absentee parents.

Xenomrph

This is a fantastic point, and nails on the head why the premise that she has kids feels "wrong".

NoStyleDutch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 27, 2022, 01:49:09 AM
We can never have enough straight poc absentee parents.

I didn't think about it from that angle:

Than it should be that she just doesn't care about other kids. I feel like can't be uncommon

Local Trouble

I could see Apone as a family man with kids.  He's practically a father figure to his whole team.

And he's a POC.  Go, someone write that book.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 27, 2022, 07:48:11 AM
I could see Apone as a family man with kids.  He's practically a father figure to his whole team.

Yeah but he's a guy...a dude....a man....

Ops Officer Jackson

Ops Officer Jackson

Wasn't Vasquez supposed to be like, 19 too?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Mar 27, 2022, 02:48:22 PM

Men can have kids too.  Some even have daughters. :o

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 27, 2022, 06:43:35 PM
Quote from: Gentleman Death on Mar 27, 2022, 02:48:22 PM

Men can have kids too.  Some even have daughters. :o

.....get outta here

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed