Marvel's Predator (Volume 1) - Predator: Day of the Hunter

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 18, 2021, 06:30:03 PM

Author
Marvel's Predator (Volume 1) - Predator: Day of the Hunter (Read 68,914 times)

Kailem

Yeah I can buy that. Apparently Alien #1 sold really, really well (second-best-selling comic of the month behind only BRZRKR #1, if I remember correctly?), so maybe that really is the reason.

Voodoo Magic

I do know this for certain. It's a bummer!  :(

Kailem

At least they're following on from where Dark Horse left off by announcing a cool-sounding Predator comic only to delay it into oblivion! :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The plot thickens....

"Marvel gave no reason for this unexpected delay to its Predator line of products, however Newsarama learned that some of the people involved weren't told until April 1.

Marvel has told retailers they plan to reschedule all of these Predator products for release in November sometime - but isn't actually rescheduling them just yet."

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-big-comic-plans-for-the-predator-franchise-put-on-hold/

EJA

Well, whatever the reason, it's crapped everything up.  >:( >:( >:(

Xiggz456

Terrible news! And Voodoo just went through all that trouble to line up all the upcoming releases lol. But if the reason is due to Marvel getting out of Diamond then I'm all for it as I'm sick of Diamond having a monopoly on comic distribution.

Master Chief

Ugh, was hoping it was an April Fool's prank.

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 02, 2021, 04:37:45 PM
Terrible news! And Voodoo just went through all that trouble to line up all the upcoming releases lol. [...]

Don't worry, he loves this stuff and will soon update the list as soon as it becomes available.   8)

Voodoo Magic

I do love this stuff, but all that work, that was, useful for what.... a day?

((facepalm))

Dachande

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 02, 2021, 05:01:41 PM
I do love this stuff, but all that work, that was, useful for what.... a day?

((facepalm))

https://media0.giphy.com/media/HfeMjUZdOZujm/giphy.gif

At least it kept you busy for a bit!

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 01, 2021, 04:56:01 PM

Sure, it's not as bad as the Alien situation, but if you think Predator won't be full of shameless traced Hunting Grounds or Neca stuff, then you are wrong

Well I prefer not to make declarations without evidence. Like you, after seeing what we've seen now from both Marvel and Dark Horse, would I bet on it happening? Absolutely. But I don't want to make definitive statements and disparage an artist here without proof first.  :)
I hate being negative Voodoo, but I really have no hopes for this, and it's because it's Marvel, if the PHG or Stalking Shadows team were involved I would be far more positive

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 02, 2021, 03:02:24 PM
:laugh:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/T0EjYDwdE3qmb6kAqh/giphy.gif

For a second I thought this was the Predator Skulls thread and I was really worried this was real dialogue.

Lost_Hunter

That's a bummer, this was shaping up nicely. Good on Marvel for sticking it to Diamond. It's funny, my books from the smaller publishers have all arrived on time but the big bucks keep getting delayed.

Kraden, I disagree. The closed mouth conveys intelligence and thought, humanity if you will. The open mouth/ roar conveys its animalistic primal characteristics. Only works in tense situations. The Predator tight ropes between the two, part if it's charm and relatability. Also we haven't seen the closed mandibles on screen for 40 years soo...... it would be a nice change to say the least.

Predators was close.

* 30 years DERP

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 02, 2021, 05:47:27 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 02, 2021, 03:02:24 PM
:laugh:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/T0EjYDwdE3qmb6kAqh/giphy.gif

For a second I thought this was the Predator Skulls thread and I was really worried this was real dialogue.

A Skulls gif audition?  :laugh:

Quote from: Dachande on Apr 02, 2021, 05:03:48 PM
At least it kept you busy for a bit!

lol
:P

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Apr 02, 2021, 05:27:47 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 01, 2021, 04:56:01 PM

Sure, it's not as bad as the Alien situation, but if you think Predator won't be full of shameless traced Hunting Grounds or Neca stuff, then you are wrong

Well I prefer not to make declarations without evidence. Like you, after seeing what we've seen now from both Marvel and Dark Horse, would I bet on it happening? Absolutely. But I don't want to make definitive statements and disparage an artist here without proof first.  :)
I hate being negative Voodoo, but I really have no hopes for this, and it's because it's Marvel, if the PHG or Stalking Shadows team were involved I would be far more positive

And I get where you're coming from, I really do.  But I'm optimistic with Ed Brisson as our Predator writer, and with the art, well I hope we're all pleasantly surprised. I do think with Predators being so humanoid, they are a lot easier for artists to draw without reference than Aliens. So we'll see! :)

Gossip: Did Marvel Comics Cancel Predator Because Of Penguin?
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/gossip-did-marvel-comics-cancel-predator-because-of-penguin/

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Apr 02, 2021, 06:21:41 PM
Kraden, I disagree. The closed mouth conveys intelligence and thought, humanity if you will. The open mouth/ roar conveys its animalistic primal characteristics. Only works in tense situations. The Predator tight ropes between the two, part if it's charm and relatability.

I agree. Seeing the Predator's mouth open on every cover is just plain boring to me, when a closed mouth can be just as interesting and eye-catching! :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed