Hopes and Dreams for AvP2?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 19, 2006, 04:13:58 PM

Author
Hopes and Dreams for AvP2? (Read 17,866 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Personally I want a nice contained action/horror film similar to Alien/Aliens. A good script is a must  :P and I just hope the Strauses can pull of a unique and interesting visual style.

Darkness

Darkness

Well, before AvP2 was announced my list would have been

+Set in the future.
+Set in space or on another planet.
+R-Rating
+Good script
+Predators Actually Win.
+Better Predator designs.
+Good actors. No teenagers.
+More graphic chestburting sequences.
+Good Alien-Predator fight sequences.
+Predalien (If it's done right).
+Movie should be at least 2 hours. No 90 minute film.
+Good Visual Effects.

-No silly team-up.
-No screwing around with predator technology from the first two films - ships, vision modes, weapons etc.
-No continuity problems.
-No Lance Henriksen or actors from previous A/P/AvP films.
-No connections between Predators and Space Jockeys.
-Definitely no PredQueen.

Well, so far at least four of my plusses have been ruled out.  >:(

The Ultimate Predator

I agree pretty much with all that list, though I'm pro decent Pred technology.

Darkness

Darkness

What, like the Predator ship which completely changed from Predator 2? What about the continuity? And what about the different vision mode?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I all put this down the the clan difference. I don't know why it's so hard to believe. We don't have one plane design do we?

The Ultimate Predator

True Hicks, but the vision did look crap. I said decent.  ;D

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 19, 2006, 05:22:07 PM
I all put this down the the clan difference. I don't know why it's so hard to believe. We don't have one plane design do we?

Different clans? That's not even canon. Even if it was, they wouldn't have such a vastly different ship.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Then how do you explain the different between the P1 ship and the P2 ship?

Darkness

Darkness

They are slightly different, I admit. But they're not as different as the one in AvP.

Anyway, the ship in Predator never came into Earth's atmosphere like the other two. It was drop-off ship.

The Ultimate Predator

Never got the design of the second one.

Yautja

Yautja

The changed the design of the Predator ships to much for AvP. They just didnt look right.

locusta

locusta

As I mentioned in the "new Alien Design" and "Pred-Alien" thread before, I look foreward to a decent Alien design and hopefully a not all skrewed up Hybrid design. The same crappy Predator design as we have seen in AVP would be hell and make me vomit. God I hate the s***t.

Beside the visual apperance of the main characters (do you see. No humans!!!), the overall storyline should be no silly fairytale-teenagecouplehaveproblemsinschoolandwithparents (OH my GOD!) stuff.

Man, give us thrilling action, our beloved (bloody) chestbursting scenes, straight (no slowmo) facehugging and skullsmashing Predator against Aliens scenes (meanwhile let all the stupid teenage cast die in one single blow) and we all are FINE.

Newsfop

Newsfop

One word:

Yutani

Cabal

Cabal

I hope I like it.

I dream that it will be a great film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That, Cabal, is something I'd toast to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed