Predator: Dark Ages.

Started by Tally101, May 16, 2014, 01:50:01 AM

Author
Predator: Dark Ages. (Read 54,739 times)

Mike

Mike

Out of all the directors I think for Predator: 1718, my choice would be Stephen Hopkins comming back to direct it Because he made a great film in Predator 2 and Predator 2 leads off to Predator 1718. Stephen Hopkins just seems like the perfect guy to come back and direct it. He has a Jamaica background to him to and the characters in the suppose script are said to be pirates from Africa sailing along Bermuda. If anyone read the dark horse comic adaptation of this potential movie like I have, you would understand why it would be awsome. Just an amazing storyline. Fox should of did this movie back in the late 90's but seeing it today will be just as awsome I think with great Cgi in places when needed. I honestly would like to know were Shane Black is continuing off. I read that it's a sequel to Predator but right before Predator 2. Hope to hear more news soon it's been awhile.

Darkness

Darkness

Never really had any problems with the dialogue, myself.

Here's an interview with director James Bushe: http://www.killerhorrorcastfromouterspace.com/features/exclusive-interview-with-james-bushe-director-of-predator-dark-ages

He says he got another £7K from a private investor in addition to the £5K from the kickstarter and the cast and crew worked for free. The film was shot in a place called Newbury outside of London.

Zééé

Zééé

Nice fan work. A properly edited, well played little peace of fan art we have now from the dark ages.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on May 26, 2015, 05:58:19 PM
He says he got another £7K from a private investor in addition to the £5K from the kickstarter and the cast and crew worked for free. The film was shot in a place called Newbury outside of London.

I thought he said it was another £10k at the Q&A. They also commented on the woods being private land at the premier. I thought Simon did a pretty nice job making that English countryside look more threatening.

Alan

Alan

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Well acted. Both the predator and the crusaders were true to their warrior code. Thanks to all involved.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really liked that ending. It was quite refreshing and very much in-line with the whole honor/respect aspect a lot of Predator fans love.

Darkness

Darkness

It was different sure but I don't think a Predator would ever just surrender over somebody holding a blade to their throat.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it's more down to the honour aspect that a lot of people attribute to the Predators. It was a case of "fair play, you out did me there". Which I think works.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Eleven minutes in and I can definitely say... THIS is a Predator.. THIS is how you do a Predator movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 27, 2015, 03:09:23 PM
Eleven minutes in and I can definitely say... THIS is a Predator.. THIS is how you do a Predator movie.

I was waiting to see your opinion. Glad you like it.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2015, 03:11:04 PM
I was waiting to see your opinion. Glad you like it.

Like it? I don't like this movie... I LOVE IT!!!

Even had a librarian come up to me to keep me hushed when I shouted when that one Templar had been eviscerated and his spinal column torn out!

I ACCEPT THIS MOVIE AS 100% CANON!!

Ryan

Ryan

Good film, if the official trailer was shown on kick starter and not the teaser I would have contributed, but seeing the teaser left me unconvinced, I'm saying this because it was a good film, and the director should do another one in fact he should get working on one straight away I believe it'll meet or overpass its goal of say $20,000 which it will then there's nothing to lose, a different setting and era would be logical as so dark ages stays unique. Dark ages has good dialog too, the only thing off I felt was the predators cannon firing, the sound on that effect sounded unrealistic, anyway I'm glad it was made considering kick starter only really funded a trailer and we haven't had a new predator film for years.

Anoymous

Anoymous

very nice addition to the series.

Gate

Gate

Yes, this is how a fan film should be. Although I'd say the scope was ambitious, it payed off. My god. I really hope this guy makes more movies.

Here's what I got from it:

The Predator of this film is leaving the planet because of our primitive nature. We pose no serious challenge, therefore we are not ready to be hunted. Zaeed's honor convinced the Predator to back off, refraining from killing a surrendered foe and sparing both of their lives.

gyro

gyro

loved it :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed