Predator won.

Started by karbomike, Nov 01, 2021, 03:02:12 PM

Author
Predator won. (Read 19,272 times)

Huntsman

Huntsman

Apparently there was going to be a small fight between Grid and Scar before they escaped the pyramid. Grid was stabbed by a disc, and the acid wounded Scar as he fled upwards on the sled. Grid would've made it to the surface before the explosion destroyed everything.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't say he disappeared. We just don't see him get any more big fights. We see him plenty.

SiL

SiL

Grid and Scar were going to square off before Lex made them evacuate.

Grid reaches the surface and then boom.

Kind of wish he'd at least got his proper sendoff.

Huntsman

Huntsman

The scene I described above would've been fine. But as is, it's enough. The result is still the same.

Master

Master

Great thread. I can't believe I haven't seen it before

Quote from: SiL on Nov 02, 2021, 11:41:43 PMConsidering Aliens infesting hosts to infiltrate new locations is one of their strategies, and Scar got hugged during the course of the fight, you can easily argue that the PredAlien means the Aliens ultimately won. The only thing to survive the hunt was an incubating Alien.

I'd say we can't be certain the Alien Queen is dead.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Our Antarctic Queen is alive.  Even with a gaping wound in her head and throat.  With talks of more movies coming, including an AvP, it would be a good time for her to resurface.

SiL

SiL

Antarctic Queen.

Master

Master

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 18, 2022, 03:05:24 PMOur Antarctic Queen is alive.  Even with a gaping wound in her head and throat.  With talks of more movies coming, including an AvP, it would be a good time for her to resurface.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

If a new AVP gets made, I hope it gets nothing to do with the first two movies. I'm not opposed to a movie set in the future... You know with space marines and stuff...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'd like that myself.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 18, 2022, 07:59:26 PMIf a new AVP gets made, I hope it gets nothing to do with the first two movies. I'm not opposed to a movie set in the future... You know with space marines and stuff...
Totally. Personally, I'd have a considerable time jump so canon didn't really matter.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Actively contradict AVP 2004 at every possible avenue.

Master

Master

Why would you want to destroy other mans work? Someone put heart into it, some respect is deserved for the effort itself.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Because Paul W.S Anderson literally gets people killed by having awful on set safety for his films, AVP 2004 likely being no exception (https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/death-injuries-amputations-is-resident-evil-hollywoods-dangerous-franchise-1244726/) and arguably the Strause Bros (supremely scummy VFX company https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Hydraulx-Reviews-E494935.htm?filter.iso3Language=eng) and crew (Johnny Lewis) of Requiem are even more ultimately despicable, sure I know that good people definitely worked on them but I would rather the franchises were washed of their association with the filth.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

They're not the only ones involved. You have to separate art from artist to a certain extent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed