AvPR on Star

Started by SiL, Feb 24, 2021, 02:00:12 AM

Author
AvPR on Star (Read 11,181 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't know about watching it, but I'd definitely skim through it, to see the difference.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Skim?!

Watch it in slow motion and bask in it's fabulousness!

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Apparently there isn't really much of a difference. Requested a comparison from Alien Theory and he put together a video for me. Not a 1080p comparison but regardless, just comparing the brightness it's hard for anything noticeable to jump out, certainly nothing close to the trailer's levels.

SiL

SiL

I'll see if I can check mine. It's much more noticeable than that.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Mar 03, 2021, 05:22:46 AM
I'll see if I can check mine. It's much more noticeable than that.

Really odd if it's for some reason implemented in one region and not another. It'd be the dimmer theater copies all over again. He's in Canada:

SM

SM

It's clearer than that on my phone.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I usually watch it on a cheap laptop with a shit screen and maintain that I can see (almost) everything fine, I'll have to ask around to see if anyone locally has the service so I can compare.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Is Alien Theory the go-to source for AvP Galaxy now too? 

Kinda sad

SM

SM

An understatement.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Agreed :-\

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 03, 2021, 11:35:26 AM
Is Alien Theory the go-to source for AvP Galaxy now too? 

Kinda sad

Bit of a conclusion to jump to. But to answer, no he's not.

He was a source for me personally for this very specific thing and I'm grateful to him putting this together, I watched his vid and knew he had Star so I asked if he could provide some examples.

I'm well aware of the gripes people have about some of his stuff on this forum.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I would say if you have to use him or his sources, or more accurately the sources he has stolen, then you should use it in a way that doesn't enable him. Posting his video means he will just get more views.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Not jumping into a debate here.

Feel free to not watch his videos. He didn't steal anything in the one I posted.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm just sick of seeing this guy enabled by the community and I've been seeing his involvement more and more lately.

It was unfair of me to ask if AT is your new go to source but t's just really disappointing to see AvPGalaxy staff work with him. I hold this place in the highest regard as a source for fans.

It's just very disappointing

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I'll elaborate.

I can understand that, we've been pissed when people like AcidGlow have blatantly stolen our exclusives.

I was pretty unfamiliar with the details of the situation but I actually just caught up with the thread about it. Yes, it seems pretty likely he lifted some segments from Xenopedia. I have loads of respect for the work they do over there. It seems as though he was disregarding these accusations under his interpretation of 'Fair Use', but lifting even segments from the Wiki nearly word for word without attributing isn't fair to Xenopedia at all and I acknowledge that.

Personally I've enjoyed some of his videos, the ones he did for the Legacy DVD set and his recent interview with Alex White were really well done I thought. He's always been friendly to me personally on Twitter.

AvPGalaxy is not working with him, I am not working with him on anything. I don't consider it as such which is why it's on my personal YT channel unlisted and only to share here in the forum for this thread.

I may reach out to him about this issue.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed