Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 72,317 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 22, 2019, 11:34:35 PM
Monday to Thursday!

Still purple, but I've put posters up everywhere. No escalators though.

;D

Russ840

The first issue is a lot of set up and not much else.

Art is good.  Not Tristan good, but good. Scenery is good and it has a very cinematic feel but the characters seem a little static.  Ripley and Zula do not really look consistent with past appearances which takes me out of it a little. From what we see of the Aliens, they look pretty good, although missing the pointy 5th dorsal spine.

I'm invested though, so looking forward to next issue.

The Old One

The Old One

Ah, who cares about the fifth one.
Even James Cameron took it off for half his Aliens.

Spoiler

Do we know where they're going yet?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 23, 2019, 07:54:59 AM
The first issue is a lot of set up and not much else.

And yet feels like it needed another issue. This felt like #2 to me. I wonder if Blackout or the novel is going to fill in any of the gaps.

I enjoyed it. It's off to a solid start. Really like Carey's art. I was a little unsure about the heavy black outlines in some of the preview art but I'm digging it. I'm curious as to if they'll go into more detail about the new Xeno-synths. I love that Amanda is a claustrophobic now too. I like seeing the emotional fallouts. Definitely looking forward to the next issue.

Whiskeybrewer

How many issues is this series again?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Is this suppose to be an official Alien Isolation sequel? Wonder if it will connect with the mobile game. I hope they explain where the hell all those aliens came from when this takes place between ALIEN and ALIENS.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 23, 2019, 11:52:10 AM
How many issues is this series again?

On xenopedia it says 4.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Eh first issue was okay.

Some things are bothering me a little bit.
Spoiler
Acid tipped bullets? Even more advanced WY Xeno Joes? WY being so mustache twirlingly evil.
[close]

I dunno... like others have said, all this happening years before Aliens just doesn't feel right, regardless of how "secret" it is. Its like doubling down on the idea that WY put the colony on lv426 just to look for the alien.

SM

SM

We've taken the lead from Cold Forge with this.

(Not that I wrote anything mind you).

Local Trouble

I shall read your literature and get back to you with my feelings about it.

Prez

Prez

Just picked up my Tristan Jones variant cover from my local today ... yay!
Should help make the ride home on the bus bearable in this 46 degree heat (that's celsius). HOT!

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Just read the first issue, not sure what to think.
Maybe its just the art style I am not sure but Amanda is looking like she has too much eyeliner. Like her mother she never wore make up as far as I could tell but in this comic, she looks like she wears so much that her eyes look black in one panel.
Spoiler
Another issue is the first part moves way too fast, no build or conversation on whether or not they are going to do something about the information that they suddenly got, They just jump to it. Don't like the implication in the ending either, Apparently it seems W-Y is using Colonist ships, changing their status to "resupply ships" (while the colonists are still on board of course) and having it sent to the area where Aliens are, meaning they going to be used as hosts. I tell you right now, I am getting goddamn sick and tired of the company being portayed as over the top mustache twirling villians all the time in games and comics. Its stupid and over the top.
[close]

The Kurgan

^ agreed.

The Old One

The Old One

Entirety Agreed.

bobby brown

Can anyone fill me in on the
Spoiler
Genetically modified aliens
[close]

Ultramorph

Will read this later today. Any hint as to where this
Spoiler
weapons test
[close]
is taking place? Kind of dying to know if my suspicions are right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed