Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 70,905 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 18, 2019, 11:34:48 AM
Yep, this is why I think anyone working on sequels really need to look back so they can get their continuity and facts right.

So even before its released, there is already an error  :laugh:

Brian may have misspoken, but there's no error.  Defiance changed a lot during it's gestation, as he alludes to here.

The Cruentus

I see, well I suppose its best to wait and see how the series will turn out, So far the last two comic series has had potential but went awry in the last act.

SM

SM

Regardless of how it turns out I can quite confidently tell you that the continuity with Amanda is all good.

Corporal Hicks

Ultramorph

Damn, that's some cool art!

The solicitations for #4 have also gone live. Spoiler warning:
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/01/21/exclusive-dark-horse-solicitations-resident-alien-wyrd-and-calamity-kate/
Spoiler
QuoteOn sale Apr 24
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

Amanda Ripley and Zula Hendricks are engaged in a desperate battle on the jungle moon, losing the fight against genetically modified Aliens and synthetics for survival. One desperate, last-ditch, option remains, and the two women are forced to decide how much of a sacrifice they are willing to make.

– Written by Brian Wood of Aliens: Defiance.
[close]

Hmmmm...
Spoiler
Jungle moon, genetically altered xenos, and what looks like a Juggernaut on the cover for #1. I wonder....
[close]

Prez

Prez

Just put in my pre-order with my local comic shop for issues 1-3 with all of Tristan's variant covers :D

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Dec 07, 2018, 02:33:48 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 01, 2018, 09:47:01 AM
All I can afford is a Resistance comic from Minotaur and hope he's working that day so he can sign it.  ;D

I didn't realise you were a Melbournian! Come in and say hi sometime! I'm in Sunday through to Thursday!

Crikey. Wish I still lived in Melbourne ... Minotaur was a regular lunch time stopover for me when I worked in the CBD.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 21, 2019, 09:02:16 PM
Hmmmm...
Spoiler
Jungle moon, genetically altered xenos, and what looks like a Juggernaut on the cover for #1. I wonder....
[close]

I see where your mind is at and I wonder!

I don't know what it is but I really like this one.

The Old One

The Old One

...Where is his mind at?

SiL

SiL

Planet 4, I'm guessing.

Corporal Hicks

I was actually thinking
Spoiler
the planet from the end of Life and Death
[close]
but that also makes sense.

The Old One

The Old One

I hope (HOPE!) it's the former

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Prez on Jan 22, 2019, 08:59:53 AM
Just put in my pre-order with my local comic shop for issues 1-3 with all of Tristan's variant covers :D

All I can afford is a Resistance comic from Minotaur and hope he's working that day so he can sign it.  ;D

I didn't realise you were a Melbournian! Come in and say hi sometime! I'm in Sunday through to Thursday!

Crikey. Wish I still lived in Melbourne ... Minotaur was a regular lunch time stopover for me when I worked in the CBD.

I bought all my Giger books from Minotaur.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Jan 22, 2019, 09:53:11 AM
Quote from: Prez on Jan 22, 2019, 08:59:53 AM

I bought all my Giger books from Minotaur.

Bought my (old) Spawn AVP figurines from there many (eons) ago. Does it still have that purple paint job and those escalators that don't work (assuming it's on Elizabeth street still)?

Necronomicon II

Lol yeah still on Elizabeth St, hasn't changed much. I think Tristan Jones works there...?

tyrannosaurusjones

Monday to Thursday!

Still purple, but I've put posters up everywhere. No escalators though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed