Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 70,898 times)

Frosty Venom

Awesome.

Is that Amanda or Zula?

Still Collating...

The art is looking good, that's what I'm looking for. Great.

The Old One

The Old One

Hopefully we get to keep the excellent artist
throughout the whole series this time.

Xenomrph

I was poking around on Amazon and the trade paperback already has a release date and preorder option. :P

https://www.amazon.com/Aliens-Resistance-Brian-Wood/dp/150671126X

Ultramorph

I'm just surprised we have gotten more previews, especially with the whole Read Play Watch thing.

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

"The all controlling Weyland-Yutani corporation."

Uh-oh.

"One of the highlights of Aliens: Resistance is the magnificent scenery that the characters pass through.
From the vast, empty, planet landscapes to the sprawling cities; the locations set the tone for the comic.
Each section of the narrative starts with an establishing shot that leaves the reader in no doubt
about the type of world the characters inhabit. It is breathtaking and wondrous to behold,
but you also get the impression that danger is just around the corner."

Wow, interesting. Can't wait to see that depicted.
Hope it's as excellent as the article insinuates it is.
But I still worry about the over-arching narrative.

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 16, 2019, 07:59:20 PM
"The all controlling Weyland-Yutani corporation."

I hope that's hyperbolic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

SM

SM

I always find that pausing a movie a quarter of the way in is a completely legitimate form of criticism.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jan 17, 2019, 12:47:54 AM
I always find that pausing a movie a quarter of the way in is a completely legitimate form of criticism.
Criticizing an episodic form of media for how it plays out episodically is a pretty legit form of criticism. How do you feel about television shows being criticized on an episode-by-episode basis?

Quote from: felix on Jan 17, 2019, 03:32:58 AM
https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/221337-Aliens-Antagonize-Girl-Power-Resistance

QuoteBrian Wood. Well, the whole thing is a little more nuanced than that.  I wrote Aliens: Defiance back in 2015, and initially that book was meant to be an Amanda Ripley book.  For reasons, that didn't happen, and I went on to co-create (with Tristan Jones) the character of Zula Hendricks for that title and the Aliens Universe overall.  BUT, Amanda had a couple cameos in that series, and that right there established the fact that Amanda definitively survived Isolation, and was back in the timeline doing stuff.
Wasn't Amanda's presence in Defiance set before Isolation?

The Cruentus

Yep, this is why I think anyone working on sequels really need to look back so they can get their continuity and facts right.

So even before its released, there is already an error  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

QuoteI wrote Aliens: Defiance back in 2015, and initially that book was meant to be an Amanda Ripley book.  For reasons, that didn't happen, and I went on to co-create (with Tristan Jones) the character of Zula Hendricks for that title and the Aliens Universe overall.  BUT, Amanda had a couple cameos in that series, and that right there established the fact that Amanda definitively survived Isolation, and was back in the timeline doing stuff.

I can't remember if we knew about this before. That's pretty interesting.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 18, 2019, 11:34:48 AM
Yep, this is why I think anyone working on sequels really need to look back so they can get their continuity and facts right.

So even before its released, there is already an error  :laugh:

Well I mean, it might be an error in his creative reasoning, but it remains to be seen if that actually translates into a continuity flub on the page.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed