The Space Jockey

Started by Mystic Ninja, Nov 27, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

Author
The Space Jockey (Read 46,163 times)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Does anyone know if they will be giving an explanation behind the Space Jockey - which I believe to be the most facinating creature in movie history.

Its kind of f-upped since I want to learn more about it but I know what ever explantion they give will not live up to the hype and msytery the original movie gave it. May be they should never explain it but I doubt Ridley and co will be able to resist the temptation!

:(

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Nov 27, 2009, 05:00:05 PM
Does anyone know if they will be giving an explanation behind the Space Jockey - which I believe to be the most facinating creature in movie history.

Its kind of f-upped since I want to learn more about it but I know what ever explantion they give will not live up to the hype and msytery the original movie gave it. May be they should never explain it but I doubt Ridley and co will be able to resist the temptation!

Probably not.

And why do you want an explanation on it? What's there to explain? It being left in ambiguity is way more fascinating then what would be told of it.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 27, 2009, 06:41:55 PM
Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Nov 27, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

i do and i dont

Probably not.

And why do you want an explanation on it? What's there to explain? It being left in ambiguity is way more fascinating then what would be told of it.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

The one thing I would like to see in this prequal is the alien that came from the jockey, you know the one that killed the creature in the chair.  Maybe it was a Queen I dunno, but it could gave us something different if you accept the alien is based on the DNA of the host, plus it would also explain why it wasn't present when the Nostromo crew arrive years later....    

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

^ That's the plot I'm guessing the prequel to have. A crew finds the downed ship and wakes the hibernating Jockey-Alien... whatever the hell that may look like.

Depending on the xeno's size, the film could have the same basic story as the original Alien, only with a slightly different creature design.

Sagit

Sagit

Quote from: RoaryUK on Nov 28, 2009, 12:52:21 PM
The one thing I would like to see in this prequal is the alien that came from the jockey, you know the one that killed the creature in the chair.  Maybe it was a Queen I dunno, but it could gave us something different if you accept the alien is based on the DNA of the host, plus it would also explain why it wasn't present when the Nostromo crew arrive years later....    

In original script it was present. I think Ash was supposed to see it outside the Nostromo for a while.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

And it was massuv!

SM

SM

If they make it at Weta - it'd be messuv.  And if there was lots of them, they'd be messuv made on Messuv.

Master

Master

There even was a picture of space jockey-alien attached to one of the mountains outside derlict. I think that  it was what Ash was supposed to notice.

Undeadite

Undeadite

I've never heard of any Jockey Alien photos. Anyone have them to post?

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Undeadite on Dec 09, 2009, 04:14:19 AM
I've never heard of any Jockey Alien photos. Anyone have them to post?

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=24059.0

Necronomicon IV

Necronomicon IV

I would prefer the Jockies or "Biomechanoids" to remain in shrouded mystery.

brennan4

brennan4

I'm sure there would be some mentions of the space jockey. Keep in mind how hard Ridley fought to get it in the movie.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Maybe a reference, but I'm glad the story doesn't revolve around it.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: brennan4 on Dec 18, 2009, 09:25:31 PM
I'm sure there would be some mentions of the space jockey. Keep in mind how hard Ridley fought to get it in the movie.

Really? I never knew that. Why?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed