Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 27, 2017, 04:04:57 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art (Read 74,017 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to. I've reached out but I'm not sure I'll get very far. Pretty drowned out in the responses to him.

Adam802

what an absolute shame we missed this just to get that prometheus/covenant garbage.  sigh.  Looks amazing.  colonial marines are so underused (they were only in ONE film!) So much more we couldve seen. 

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 27, 2017, 04:14:01 PM
Maybe it was just a long "scriptment" that Blomkamp prepared.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scriptment

There's got to be a chance of interviewing Blomkamp about this, now.
Get some details out of him.

That could be possible, but I got information from a trustworthy source that there was a screenplay written for it. Unfortunately, they seemed pretty convinced that it was done for. (They did, however, suggest a fan movement of sorts. Not sure exactly what he meant. I need to try to get in touch with them again one of these days).

Nostromo

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 27, 2017, 04:14:01 PM
Maybe it was just a long "scriptment" that Blomkamp prepared.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scriptment

There's got to be a chance of interviewing Blomkamp about this, now.
Get some details out of him.

Scott specifically stated that the first draft of the script was completed. That was after about 7 months of early pre-production after the project was officially greenlit. Enough time to write a full script.

Quote"We have Neill Blomkamp's Alien, which will be out in 2017. We just have the first [screenplay] draft in so far but it looks pretty good." - Ridley Scott

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/10/05/ridley-scott-talks-neill-blomkamps-alien-5/

Blomkamp's original pitch to Fox might have been in the form of a "scriptment" though.

Quote"We put together essentially a script and all the artwork and that's what I went to 20th Century Fox with." - Neill Blomkamp

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2017, 08:07:32 AM
I have to wonder if he's trying to drum up renewed interest following the merger?

About 10 years before Disney bought Lucasfilm, John Knoll (ILM's visual effects supervisor) pitched a film idea to Fox/Lucas that basically went nowhere. After the Disney takeover he pitched it again to the new owners. The film's name was Rogue One. If Blomkamp was still interested in Alien 5 he'd be stupid not to give it another try.

Frosty98B

They have to let Neil do this! They've already eff-ed up the Star Wars, this way they can make the fans actually happy with the fact that the franchise so longer belongs to FOX. :o

Perfect-Organism

Yeah!  It has a pulse!  Make it happen Neill!

SizzyBubbles

Seems a real shame that so much beautiful artwork went into something that was snuffed out so quickly. I was really hoping this would be the next big Alien movie that ADI could work on... especially since it looks and feels like something that belongs in the franchise.

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

Looks like Aliens, it has a Dropship in it,... very original, Neil.

N-Shifter

BRING IT BACK DISNEY! For the love of Giger, bring it back.

Corporal Hicks

OpenMaw

Quote from: Tonyhartmorph on Dec 27, 2017, 06:19:01 PM

I guess Alien 3 is unoriginal too, because it features Pulse Rifles and not one, but two Conestoga class transports, eh?

Jonesy1974

i think he's fishing following the Disney news. I hope to god it never happens as I just can't see it being the least bit satisfying.

I'd quite happily see an Alien 5, colonial marines, drop ships and all but not one that resurrects dead characters or slavishly attempts to copy Aliens. Blomkamp would be bad news IMO.

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

Blomkamp is a little slag. I'd say that people don't seem to be able to see through him, but I think most just don't care. I don't think I'd enjoy any film he makes related to the series with the way he's going about things.

I don't get the hype for his YouTube shorts either, zero story and exactly the type of effects fans would be moaning about if they saw them in an alien film, SyFy channel material at best. His level is about Stephen Norrington when he made Death Machine, he just got a little more attention at the right time from someone like Jackson. 

Scorpio

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 27, 2017, 07:19:34 PM
Quote from: Tonyhartmorph on Dec 27, 2017, 06:19:01 PM

I guess Alien 3 is unoriginal too, because it features Pulse Rifles and not one, but two Conestoga class transports, eh?

That's because Alien 3 reused those props for budgetary reasons.

This nothing but pure fanboy Aliens remake.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed