Marvel Announces Predator vs. Black Panther Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 23, 2024, 06:00:33 AM

Author
Marvel Announces Predator vs. Black Panther Series! (Read 7,099 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Jun 01, 2024, 02:53:59 AMConcrete Jungle has several Predators killed in a gunfight.

I remember, I have the comic, it's boxed up somewhere but I have it.

Also Predators were able to dodge bullets, if they saw them coming. Hell, in AVP: Thrill of the Hunt, the Young Blood Predator was running towards gatling firing and dodged most of the rounds taking only one in the shoulder as he was going towards it.

Comic book feats are weird.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 01, 2024, 03:16:57 AMAlso Predators were able to dodge bullets, if they saw them coming. Hell, in AVP: Thrill of the Hunt, the Young Blood Predator was running towards gatling firing and dodged most of the rounds taking only one in the shoulder as he was going towards it.

Comic book feats are weird.

JH was dodging minigun fire in the first film. They can shoot fast as 2,850 feet per second and there were enough rounds to make a clearing in that jungle. There is no way one any human can dodge that in a few yards, and even he was grazed despite successfully escaping.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 24, 2024, 07:38:16 AMCrossovers generally aren't canon. There are a few exceptions though but this one ain't one of them.

I guess he wants to treat it as soft canon, which doesn't seem to contradict anything before so I guess its there for those who want it:

Quoteio9: When writing a story about characters that originated in a movie series like Predator, do you have to adhere to any canon? If so, who do you talk to about that and if not, is there any limit in terms of character or mythology you put on yourself?

Percy: Those who read Predator vs. Wolverine will know that I adhered to canon in a dancing-between-the-raindrops kind of way. Is it officially canon? I honestly don't know. But I'm treating it like it is, because I want people to feel like the story matters, like the Yautja have been in the 616 all along, hunting.


SiL

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jun 01, 2024, 04:31:46 AMJH was dodging minigun fire in the first film. They can shoot fast as 2,850 feet per second and there were enough rounds to make a clearing in that jungle. There is no way one any human can dodge that in a few yards, and even he was grazed despite successfully escaping.
Jungle Hunter was shot through the leg by Mac's M50 and was long gone when the minigun was deployed. He was also probably in the trees; all the soldiers are shooting at ground level.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Jun 01, 2024, 05:25:57 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jun 01, 2024, 04:31:46 AMJH was dodging minigun fire in the first film. They can shoot fast as 2,850 feet per second and there were enough rounds to make a clearing in that jungle. There is no way one any human can dodge that in a few yards, and even he was grazed despite successfully escaping.
Jungle Hunter was shot through the leg by Mac's M50 and was long gone when the minigun was deployed. He was also probably in the trees; all the soldiers are shooting at ground level.
Oh yeah, that's right! Regardless, dodging bullets from a mere few yards away is still something.

SiL

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jun 02, 2024, 03:38:29 AMOh yeah, that's right! Regardless, dodging bullets from a mere few yards away is still something.
But he didn't doge bullets. He got hit while running and the commandos were just missing.

happypred

Predator "power level" vary

They're an alien race, not one individual

On top of that, they've been handled by different writers over decades

One of the weakest portrayals is probably Falconer getting mutual-killed against the Yakuza man in Predators

Some of the strongest portrayals are in some of the novels and comics (and sometimes specific to certain predator individuals), where they display at least high-level aim-dodging against modern human firearms and it's implied you need to spray them with depleted uranium rounds to put them down effectively.

A writer could easily low ball or high ball the predators' power level to fit the story, or do something in between like have an elite predator performing on a much higher level than novice or average preds. To some extent, you could adjust the aliens' power level similarly.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

#36
Quote from: happypred on Jun 09, 2024, 08:57:00 AMSome of the strongest portrayals are in some of the novels and comics (and sometimes specific to certain predator individuals), where they display at least high-level aim-dodging against modern human firearms and it's implied you need to spray them with depleted uranium rounds to put them down effectively.

I don't agree when people say that they're aim dodging. If anything, John Schaefer, who has had multiple encounters with them has stated and this might be verbatim: "Those things are fast enough to dodge bullets, if they see them coming, and even if you hit them, they're damn near bullet proof."

There's quite a few instances in the comics, and even the novels where they've dodged bullets after they've been fired. One which comes to mind is Cold War, and they've even been stated to be fast enough to attack faster than the human eye can comprehend.

South China Sea (which I haven't even read) had the CRAZIEST Predator but I found this in a Predator Feats thread elsewhere.

"Although the creature's reflexes were so freakishly fast that Gustat doubted it, not without a headshot sans helmet."

Quote from: happypred on Jun 09, 2024, 08:57:00 AMA writer could easily low ball or high ball the predators' power level to fit the story, or do something in between like have an elite predator performing on a much higher level than novice or average preds. To some extent, you could adjust the aliens' power level similarly.

Sounds about right.

Mr.Turok

Issue #2


https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/116725/predator_vs_black_panther_2024_2

QuoteTHE ULTIMATE HUNTING PRESERVE: WAKANDA! Yautja stalk the jungles of one of the most isolated - and wealthy - nations on Earth. Wakanda's War Dogs, the Hatut Zeraze, fall like wheat. The Dora Milaje bury those bodies with their own. Princess Shuri is trapped out of reach. And the Black Panther finds his country invaded not by the warmongering West - but by monsters from beyond the stars. The fiercest hunters in the known universe - versus a king who might just be beast enough to stop them.

An all out invasion? Hhhhhhmmmm this could be interesting, but after what The Predator inferred about an invasion plotline last time, it soured the taste for me.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Making the Predator a alien invader... yay...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News