Covenant sequel will begin shooting withing 14 months

Started by Ingwar, May 09, 2017, 09:11:37 PM

Author
Covenant sequel will begin shooting withing 14 months (Read 22,016 times)

Predaker

Quote from: motherfather on May 10, 2017, 01:51:38 AM
Didnt it take aaaages to write covenant and then rewrite it and have it knocked into shape? It sounds a bit optimistic to be shooting next year.

Right, although this time it's a bit different. They're already working on the script with the same writer and there is more focus with what they want to do next, now that the prequels are back on track. Delays could still happen but if they go ahead with shooting next summer, we could easily get the next one in 2019.

windebieste

If Fox releases it on May 25, 2019, that will be 40th Anniversary for the series. 

-Windebieste.

GrimmVision

Quote from: windebieste on May 10, 2017, 02:06:34 AM
If Fox releases it on May 25, 2019, that will be 40th Anniversary for the series. 

-Windebieste.

And they'd for sure want to capitalize on that Alien Day promo!

PierreVW

Quote from: windebieste on May 10, 2017, 02:06:34 AM

-Windebieste.

That's a great idea.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: motherfather on May 10, 2017, 01:51:38 AM
Didnt it take aaaages to write covenant and then rewrite it and have it knocked into shape?  A number of writers were attached and detached to the "in the pipeline" prometheus 2 project.

It sounds a bit optimistic to be shooting next year. Unless there is some way to cash in on pre-Brexit film studios etc...

After Prometheus, I believe they were clueless about the proper direction of the story. But now it's different, they have a clear vision of where to go. But I could be wrong  :P

SpeedyMaxx

Yes, that vision is backwards.

OmarVel1692

Quote from: Ingwar on May 09, 2017, 09:16:52 PM
And he killed Blomkamp's project.

Thank god for that!!

Whos_Nick

Hopefully no more than a 2 year gap between Alien films now

oduodu

Did anyone notice that the title for alien 5 was awakening? That's where he got the name for the next movie?

brokentusk420

It would have been a terrible movie seeing those geriatrics parading around again just because a group of people wish that the characters didnt die off. Please....this whole bumkamp movie is the epitome of the fan(s) who feel they are entitled to a say in the production and outcome of a movie franchise. What happen to letting the artists do as they please? Free of the fear of some group of internet bloggers shitting on their property because it doesn't fit their narrative of what they feel should happen.

zoidy

zoidy

Face it people, Ridley is a clever guy, making movies for a lifetime, used to fielding questions from the press, and he's 80 years old.

In that context, when youre getting the same questions 10 times a day from different outlets, who *wouldn't* have a little fun and tell each one something different?

;)

Edit - just to be clear, what I'm saying in all seriousness is Ridley might make another, it might be in only 14 months ... but it's unlikely, and I wouldn't believe what he says now. Not because he's lying, but because he's spitballing, and thinking aloud, as he does.

People shouldn't take what he says as being fact, until the movie actually starts pre production. Then and only then will we know, huh, he is making a new alien film  ;D

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Just annoyed we have to wait so long

So does this confirm that Neill's Alien 5 movie was meant to be titled Alien Awakening?

Corporal Hicks

Obviously we'll need to see how well the film does at the Box Office but it seems like there's a pretty positive buzz in general about it. And we know they're already working on it so they seem to have a direction in mind. Although, who knows with Scott and how many projects he seems to have on the go.

While I enjoyed Covenant, I still found it's flaws really groan inducing, I think it's time to hand over the reins again.

SyntaX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2017, 08:57:09 AM
Obviously we'll need to see how well the film does at the Box Office but it seems like there's a pretty positive buzz in general about it. And we know they're already working on it so they seem to have a direction in mind. Although, who knows with Scott and how many projects he seems to have on the go.

While I enjoyed Covenant, I still found it's flaws really groan inducing, I think it's time to hand over the reins again.

Things could've been alot better. The more I think about Covenant, the more I start to hate it  :-\ It contradicts so much that I loved from the previous movies. I'll go see it again next week. Because there's a ton of things I already forgot.

I really hope an upcoming Alien movie doesn't mess around with what has been established in Alien/Aliens. Although David is responsible for the creation of a Xenomorph himself ... I'd really hate the idea he was responsible for all of them.

Let's hope Ridley Scott is able to connect the dots himself instead of reinventing the entire franchise. Leave Alien and Aliens out of this. Connect to Alien and leave it at that. Damn shame Alien 5 (Blomkamp's version) has been canned. Could've been a great ride seeing Hicks, Ripley and Newt return.

Alienon

Alienon

Hmm... Heil Blompkam's Alien: Awakening.

Awakening from what? From cryosleep-nightmare (alien3/R) of course!

Neill's Alien5:Awakening??Is that correct?

Can't wait for Covenant ! But I also want films post-Alien Resurrection. And I'm all for the Ripley clone showing up again !

Ridley could film the sequel easily next summer as fast he works.He wraps a movie within 3 month or less.He could just film his other project this year and covenant sequel a year later.If Covenant is a hit than Fox will want to have the next for the 40th anniversary as mentioned.Than could be Alien 5 next if these movies doing great.I hope so.

@SyntaX : please no spoilers like this:

"Although David is responsible for the creation of a Xenomorph himself"
thanks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed