Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,910 times)

Mr. Clemens

Wowzers! I managed to restrain myself on the first release, but this 2nd edition is looking too good to pass up.  :o

skhellter

skhellter

The "alien Stalkers" look like crap.
All the other figures are really good :)

Kinda weird seeing the Xeno's having biomech bodies like the Aliens Warriors...
and heads and backpipes like the Resurrection xenos..

But it's nothing that cant be solved with some light customization 8)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 22, 2017, 03:28:05 PM
Wowzers! I managed to restrain myself on the first release, but this 2nd edition is looking too good to pass up.  :o

I've literally just ordered my copy of the second edition.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Just got my shipping notice for version 2. Going to Shevvie's in a fortnight for game night so should be able to give it a blast then.  :)

Mr. Clemens

Looking forward to hearing about that!  :)

Corporal Hicks

I've not had chance to look over it much yet but I received 2.0 and some outstanding Kickstarter bits earlier this week. Got the hardback rules for the wargame version, Unleashed, I think it was. Tidy little book.

Nickb60

Hi, has anyone else got and played this board game? Just finished painting the figures.
Nick

Corporal Hicks

Hi Nick, I merged your post with the existing thread about the game.

Cellien

My wife just ordered this game, our first tabletop game, heh.  We've been playing a lot of Firefly with friends and having a great time.  Anyone know if you can add a player?  3 is okay, but 4 would be much more even in a group.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Nickb60 on Apr 03, 2017, 03:05:36 PM
Hi, has anyone else got and played this board game? Just finished painting the figures.
Nick

Man, that Alien's dome in pic #3 looks like the real thing. Bravo!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nearly a year later and I finally got around to playing the 2nd Edition. Shevvie and another buddy of mine came around last Friday and we had a bash with the new game elements and new ruleset. Really really enjoyed myself. The game went much smoother and we weren't so confused about the rules.

I played the Predator, Shevvie played the Aliens and my other mate played the marines. The Aliens looked like they were going to get shafted as the first environmental card we drew resulted in one of the doors blocking him and the Marines off was opened so the Marines came out firing. I'd managed to take out a bunch of his Aliens with my disc for trophy collection but I was one short and a movement restriction environment card shafted me so I couldn't get up there and collect in time to follow on for a last kill.

I'm really looking forward to playing some more and my interest in the game is reinvigorated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpU79uZddk4&

Wweyland

Is anyone actually planning on painting these figures? They look super cool on the packaging but kind of bland without a paintjob. I used to build and paint some WW2 miniatures, so this might be a nice thing to work on.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 29, 2018, 06:49:51 PM
Is anyone actually planning on painting these figures? They look super cool on the packaging but kind of bland without a paintjob. I used to build and paint some WW2 miniatures, so this might be a nice thing to work on.
I've got a huge queue of models/miniatures I need to paint, but I definitely plan on painting these at some point.

skhellter

The board and door designs arent anywhere close to the set designs of the films.

Alien designs are better this time around but there's some really shitty "poses" for them.
The "Stalkers" continue being really ugly...

Hope these guys lose the license, tbh.

Wish i had anything truly positive to say.  :-\

Corporal Hicks

QuoteOne of the most expensive and least expandable personell Weyland-Yutani Corporation provides. Now available as single-pieced models. No glue is needed, all models come as one object.

QuoteSince today all on-line orders come with free miniature of Valentines Day' Predator! Promotion lasts until end of February!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed