Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,837 times)

Corporal Hicks

Flexserve

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2016, 08:51:56 AM
http://talesoftheninja.com/tales-of-the-ninja-volume-1-issue-6-now-available/

Review of the game. I've not read it yet.
Unfortunately, it didn't say much but it was a synopsis of game play with no bottom line.

Corporal Hicks

Just got my shipping notice for Wave 2.

PRJ_since1990

Sadly I am still waiting to hear... anything at this point lol.

Corporal Hicks

Received my additional box of goodies. I really ought to learn the game soon.

PRJ_since1990

Hicks I wish we lived within driving distance. I would absolutely love to learn how to play this game. I do plan on doing so once my stuff gets here, and hopefully do a video review of it.

Corporal Hicks

I wish I lived near more of you guys!

I've got a few buddies around who want to play - just not been motivated to learn it yet. lol

hardcorps54

i played it with my mates, really good fun, quite intense once the action starts and my mates who play these types of games all the time said it was really quick to get into the action and they all really enjoyed it, i just trying to figure out how to be able to play it with more than 3 people, i was thinking of buying additional aliens and painting them red to have 2 opposing factions of aliens then the WY commandos, takes it up to 5 at least  :-\

i also broke the rules down to just a few pages for the basics to get a quick game on the go, including all the faction specific skills etc , really good fun tho.

Corporal Hicks

Latest update:

QuoteHi there. This is just a short update to let you know that we are still on course to finish wave 2 by the end of February. What is left to ship is shown in the attached pictures from board game manufacturer. The stack on left are the remaining AvP KS version board games that are getting assembled and shipped to us within next few weeks.

We are excited and happy to announce that all 2nd Wave parcels, shipped after the 8th Feb will include following items (pictures to shown prior to shipping):
- Facehuggers
- Young Bloods
- Female Predator
- Sentry Guns
- Marines and Predator objective markers.

Outstanding items: An Additional Rules set, clear predator faction models and resin terrain, will be included in the final wave 3 shipping, which we hope to commence in late March (date to be confirmed).

Australian Backers: Small parcels are being shipped directly from Poland, larger orders are being prepared and shipped to our Australian partner, and this has resulted in significant postage savings such that I no longer need to sell my kidneys to ensure that everyone gets the products we have committed to sending you.

Again, I want to thank you for your patience but can I ask people again to please check your name and surname and your address in the pledge manager. We still have 278 backers where the data is not complete and this is delaying shipping for these backers as we will only be contacting them once all other shipments have been sent.

And I've kept the best piece of news until last. You asked for it and we are now working on 2 resin models, that will be available via our webstore or at various shows we plan to attend in 2016.

I can't tell you what they are yet but I hope to be able to update you next week. Our design team is hard working on this exciting project at the moment and I hope to be able to bring you sneak peaks of the production and design of these once all the kickstarter products have been issued.

These sneak peaks will be on our webpage once we have approval.

So make sure to check out the Prodos homepage closer to May 2016.

Corporal Hicks

Posted in the Facebook group:

QuoteGood news folks, we have been shipping AVP to backers all week and we're down to 505 parcels (+backlog of about 40 being processed by our packing team). There has been an issue with door stands supplying for AvP board game (supplier ran out of it and could not supply any more from China, thus we needed to find a manufacturer in Europe and pay for tooling, 4 weeks delay), as a result some of you may receive a board game with different than black door stands, we took whatever supplier had in stock.
I'm sorry to those who are still awaiting their wave 2 stuff but unfortunately, as we mentioned before, we thought the fairest way to send KS stuff out was randomly. I'll ask you to be patient for just a little while longer if you haven't received your stuff as we're still packing boxes.
In other news, we have had the sculptors working hard behind the scenes on one of the new models to be released soon, and I can now announce that we're working on one of the most iconic pieces from the Aliens movie...the Drop-ship + APC. It will be an add-on for the board game with few tiles, new missions and rules clarification available only at shows or via our webstore.
Some of you have started to receive the facehugger models over the last few weeks and we hope that you understand some of the changes we had to make.
We are also working on the 3rd and the last wave of approvals on remaining items, once we know more we will share it with you.
We are currently looking a rewrite of some of the rules and I know that some of the crusaders are over on the Prodos AVP forum looking at these. Please make double time over there so that you can tell us what does or doesn't work with the boardgame as we frequent those pages often to see how we can redesign the game to make it better for you.
http://forum.prodosgames.com/viewtopic.php...
Until next week, this is Prodos out!
Reminder: please also check your data in pledge manger, your name and surname must be in the pledge manager in order to ship your rewards.
Also as you can see we still have 81 unactivated pledge managers and 36 needing to be completed.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 11:15:15 PM
Posted in the Facebook group:

QuoteGood news folks, we have been shipping AVP to backers all week and we're down to 505 parcels (+backlog of about 40 being processed by our packing team). There has been an issue with door stands supplying for AvP board game (supplier ran out of it and could not supply any more from China, thus we needed to find a manufacturer in Europe and pay for tooling, 4 weeks delay), as a result some of you may receive a board game with different than black door stands, we took whatever supplier had in stock.
I'm sorry to those who are still awaiting their wave 2 stuff but unfortunately, as we mentioned before, we thought the fairest way to send KS stuff out was randomly. I'll ask you to be patient for just a little while longer if you haven't received your stuff as we're still packing boxes.
In other news, we have had the sculptors working hard behind the scenes on one of the new models to be released soon, and I can now announce that we're working on one of the most iconic pieces from the Aliens movie...the Drop-ship + APC. It will be an add-on for the board game with few tiles, new missions and rules clarification available only at shows or via our webstore.
Some of you have started to receive the facehugger models over the last few weeks and we hope that you understand some of the changes we had to make.
We are also working on the 3rd and the last wave of approvals on remaining items, once we know more we will share it with you.
We are currently looking a rewrite of some of the rules and I know that some of the crusaders are over on the Prodos AVP forum looking at these. Please make double time over there so that you can tell us what does or doesn't work with the boardgame as we frequent those pages often to see how we can redesign the game to make it better for you.
http://forum.prodosgames.com/viewtopic.php...
Until next week, this is Prodos out!
Reminder: please also check your data in pledge manger, your name and surname must be in the pledge manager in order to ship your rewards.
Also as you can see we still have 81 unactivated pledge managers and 36 needing to be completed.

Interesting indeed. I'm curious as to whether or not the Dropship and APC will be to scale with the other models like the vehicle models are to scale with the human/marine/creature models of Warhammer 40k for example. I'm hoping for that at least.

Also ready to see some table top wargame rules to come out, I know they're working on them. I've been building tons of terrain just for it!

hardcorps54

where do people get these updates, i follow prodos on facebook but seem to get nothing about AVP:THB on there

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: hardcorps54 on Feb 20, 2016, 01:14:33 PM
where do people get these updates, i follow prodos on facebook but seem to get nothing about AVP:THB on there
If you were a backer of the game on Kickstarter, you would receive them direct email. They only release this info to backers so it's not made public until someone posts it here.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: hardcorps54 on Feb 20, 2016, 01:14:33 PM

I generally copy them from the Facebook group.

hardcorps54

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Feb 21, 2016, 02:01:55 AM

If you were a backer of the game on Kickstarter, you would receive them direct email. They only release this info to backers so it's not made public until someone posts it here.

i follwed it but never backed due to poor student status, although it appears it was to a benefit as i got the game quicker than some backers  :-/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed