AvP Galaxy Gets Hands-On With Preview Of Aliens: Fireteam Elite With 15 Minutes of Gameplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 21, 2021, 03:24:48 PM

Author
AvP Galaxy Gets Hands-On With Preview Of Aliens: Fireteam Elite With 15 Minutes of Gameplay! (Read 10,395 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but that's a clone Alien, the rules do not necessarily follow that for the rest of the standard species, besides we actually see the Runner spit acid but not the Drone.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. Acid-spitting is in Alien 3.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 22, 2021, 11:32:48 PM
The Prequel novel allows for them through vagaries and I'd be surprised if this actually explains them in any substantial way. 

It is specifically mentioned about them using local-wildlife as hosts. I can't remember if they relate that to the differing kinds in the game, but they certainly discuss not having seen certain types of Aliens before.

RidgeTop

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 23, 2021, 04:32:57 AM
Are there climbable ladders? Ive seen in the citidel location there is a statue of the engineers from the torso up. A ladder is slanted on his shoulder to the top of his head. I'm just wondering if taking ladders and traversing up them are allowed like in The Last of Us or more accurately Death Stranding, for example? Maybe there are hidden areas to discover?

Wasn't able to interact with the ladders.

Enjoy

Acid melting the walls and floors to expose parts of a map to travel would be a interesting way to use the alien blood as something useful and not just deadly.
This game looks better then hunting grounds so far.

TheBATMAN

I wanted to ask what you feel the experience is going to be like for a single player with NPCs? Im not a multiplayer gamer and prefer a lone experience. I appreciate this game isnt tailored for the likes of myself but I am interested in it regardless.

Is there a lot of story going on and are there any quiet moments that lets the tension build up?

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 23, 2021, 09:15:53 AM
Indeed. Acid-spitting is in Alien 3.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 22, 2021, 11:32:48 PM
The Prequel novel allows for them through vagaries and I'd be surprised if this actually explains them in any substantial way. 

It is specifically mentioned about them using local-wildlife as hosts. I can't remember if they relate that to the differing kinds in the game, but they certainly discuss not having seen certain types of Aliens before.

Now I need to rewatch Alien 3 Assembly Cut to see the acid spitting. How did I miss it? Perhaps I remember Resurrection's spitting scene more because Christie was one of my fav characters in that film.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Thanks for replying, aalso another important question:
Ive viewed a preview video from another youtuber and they were at 4K, where as the others were prodominantly 1080p or so. I would like to know what available settings were there for you (assuming this was a PC only preview) that we should know about (such as AA, shadow details, resolution settings, ) given if we aren't allowed to have a demo at least we might prepare to have the best hardware to play this game. It must be exciting being apart of the review process. I hope they aren't pulling your chain too much! 
Can you offer any insights as to the minimum requirements? Did you suffer anything with your hardware? Tell us what you used?

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 23, 2021, 01:38:19 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 23, 2021, 04:32:57 AM
Are there climbable ladders? Ive seen in the citidel location there is a statue of the engineers from the torso up. A ladder is slanted on his shoulder to the top of his head. I'm just wondering if taking ladders and traversing up them are allowed like in The Last of Us or more accurately Death Stranding, for example? Maybe there are hidden areas to discover?

Wasn't able to interact with the ladders.

Huggs

That skull pic. Oh my goodness.

So beautimus.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, the Drone looked really good in the game. So do the Runners.

RidgeTop

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jul 23, 2021, 09:53:01 PM
Thanks for replying, aalso another important question:
Ive viewed a preview video from another youtuber and they were at 4K, where as the others were prodominantly 1080p or so. I would like to know what available settings were there for you (assuming this was a PC only preview) that we should know about (such as AA, shadow details, resolution settings, ) given if we aren't allowed to have a demo at least we might prepare to have the best hardware to play this game. It must be exciting being apart of the review process. I hope they aren't pulling your chain too much! 
Can you offer any insights as to the minimum requirements? Did you suffer anything with your hardware? Tell us what you used?

Not sure what the minimum requirements are but I have an Nvidia RTX 2070 Super and it ran fine on my machine, seemed well optimized. On the highest settings there was only one area where framerate slowed slightly when a lot was going on, but this was an unfinished build. I use a 1080p monitor so did not try out 4K at all.

I noticed you can see the settings menu in this video:

https://youtu.be/QFdQG8w9Bdk?t=58

RidgeTop

We have an additional clip of Aliens: Fireteam Elite gameplay to show off from our recent experience with the preview build of the game! In this footage we tried out one of the challenge cards: "Explosions!" Which is a gameplay mutator that changes all of the Runner Xenomorphs into weaker Bursters. With this many Bursters running around it was a real challenge to avoid getting completely drenched in acid!

As a disclaimer, the footage in this clip is from a work in progress version of the game which Cold Iron invited us to try.

Kailem

Grimtaur

Are these cards considered consumables? That it will disappear from your "inventory" once used?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Grimtaur on Jul 28, 2021, 05:51:17 AM
Are these cards considered consumables? That it will disappear from your "inventory" once used?

That's correct.

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 27, 2021, 06:08:14 PM
That's a lot of 'splosions.

Man, I'm getting heart palpitations thinking about that card on higher difficulties.  :laugh:

acrediblesource

Im assuming some cards only affect you while other cards affect the entire team?

Such as that head shots card, that would suck if everyone had it. They would work much harder if not on their own and as a team.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed