Press Screening August 12th?

Started by Darkness, Aug 04, 2004, 01:38:43 PM

Author
Press Screening August 12th? (Read 13,631 times)

Kindred

Kindred

Freddy vs Jason was Bad mouth to the MAX and i still loved it and there will still be a sequel so that screening shit and the guy who said that it might suck could go suck his toes.

*bury

*bury

obviously the critics will bash this movie because we pretty much already know the acting will be terrible and the plot isnt the best. Great movies like star wars get torn apart by the critics and the critics vote on the oscars and most all the time a movie u never heard of (besides this year) gets it over the films that make the money and everyone likes and by  the way good thing the village did the screeening the day before becasue it SUCKED

beeko

beeko

who cares what the critics say it's AVP not schienders list or saving private ryan, who gives a rats what a crusty old person thinks

Lord HamsteR

Lord HamsteR

its god damn AvP i have ben dreaming of this film ever sinse AvP2 the game was in my grasp!! i mean come one did Resident Evil sukt at all? if he did marvels there iam sure ill see them in AvP!  P.S do you think Mila Javovich could do better then sanaa?

Heavy Metal Spike

Heavy Metal Spike

Always thought "Saving Ryan's privates" sucked anyway.  "Crusty old person" - hey - I resemble that remark!  AVP: Assholes value Popcorn-flicks  Muhaahaaahaaahaaahaaaaaaa    :D  

Aliens Rule!

Aliens Rule!

First off, I am a huge Alien and Predator fan and I am going to see this movie without a lot of expectations.  I think it will be enjoyable, although flawed  if it follows the book closely.  And of course the critics will bash the flaw because it is so obvious.  And the flaw is as follows:
Spoiler
Where do all of the Aliens come from!?  The book never explains this.  Read sentence one of chapter 29.  Also, there is a part in the book where Scar and Lex hide in a small secured chamber from the Aliens.  The Grid and a horde of Aliens are scaling the walls and trying to attack them, but are blocked off.  The book only describes a few people getting face-hugged in the sacraficial chamber (at max, maybe 5 or six).  And the first full-grown Alien attack comes way to soon afterwards.
[close]
If the movie corrects this, then it will be good.  Also, I did not like the following:
Spoiler
Lex covers herself with Alien parts.  The head as a shield and tail as a spear is o.k., but wearing body parts is kinda weird and I can't picture it making Lex impervious to Acid.
[close]
But overall, those are just my thoughts and opinions.

Also, don't pay attention to one movie review if you see it; good or bad.  I think Rotten Tomatoes is the most ingenious web site for rating movies and the best way to determine if a movie is decent or not.  Each movie is rated as a percent based on a collection of reviews.  I'm sure you all know about this anyway though.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

um DUH!!!!!!!! the predators brought the queen to earth and put her in cryostasis in that pyrimid thousands of years ago.  she is taken out of stasis each time the predators come to hunt, the machines that are keeping her contained force her to lay eggs each time she is taken out of cryostasis, THE PREDATOS BROUGHT AN ALIEN QUEEN TO EARTH!!!!!

Dachande

Dachande

Ye of little faith, and "The Village" was great because it had something called "character development".  Now for those who think it sucked, go watch some more mind numbing TV.

El Demonio Cazador

El Demonio Cazador

Dachande The Village great?? come on!!! it was like a Soap Opera on the big screen....if you call that character development ok....enjoy it.... Besides it's was terribly predictable... and the characters were mindless and boring... it actually reminded me of the "Little house on the Praire" also  want character development watch FIGHT CLUB,   As for Shyamalan's movies, even Signs was better...and that's too much for me to say because I find it dreadful....  But we're here to discuss AvP I read the novel and I couldn't careless about the characters... they were dumb and just for having some dialogue... specially Lex and Weyland, those characters are truly pathetic in the novel...on the other hand its ALIENS VS PREDATOR, so we really shouldn't care about the humans hehehehe It would've been better if they were marines... instead you have geeks and red necks...  oh well... Lest just wait 9 more days!!  Salduos!

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

El Demino Cazador... I love saying this to you, and Ill say it again. WHAT THE f**k ARE YOU THINKING!!!!!! The Character development in the AVP novel was fantastic. Lex and the backstory of how her fater died, Weyland and his obsession for remembrence. Sebastion and his lovable personality, and how he is always a 'hang loose' kind of guy, Millier and his laguhable goofyness. Vernhiden and his Bad assedness (not really a word but oh well) all the Characters have good development, every single  comment you make you put this film down, if you hate the film so much without even haveing seen it, then dont see it!!! if you are too afraid it will suck, start thinking positivley and you will be satisfied.

eXhale

eXhale

usually a very very bad sign if they show press screenings so late... i am a huge alien fan and i also like the predator movies, but i think avp will suck...

Aliens Rule!

Aliens Rule!

Back to Adam JZ...um duh right back at you.  The face huggers within the eggs need a hundred hosts to make a hundred Aliens.    Some people just don't think.  Now do you get what I'm saying.  No?  I didn't think so.

Pred Girl

Pred Girl

Obviously Adam JZ didn't get the gist of your post. lol.  But I see where you are coming from Aliens Rule.  How the hell did hundreds of Aliens start appearing?

BKB

BKB

Jesus Christ, I love how this Gareth guy is like the poster boy for enticing bad news as though he loves dishing this shit out about the film like he's really benefitting this site by telling us this.. Anyone else notice trhis to?? He does this shit over at CinemaBlend and Rottentomatoes.. It also seems like to me, that Gareth as well as a few select others who hang out at Rotten Tomatoes and have repeatedly shit on this movie as well as their bogus website CinemaBlend to are simply guaging a reaction.. Who honestly give a rat's fat ass whether the screening is the day before the movie or not?? Who REALLY gives a shit after I just posted f**king news, a thread saying that 2 people called in to the Howard Stern Radio Show thiis morning after seeing it and said in quote: "It was FANTASTIC" as well as Howard's friend who's also a critic for a magazine that reiterated the same thing as well??. I mean if Gareth has a boner for this film in a negative sort of way, then I'll say to him what I've said a 1000 times over and that's if you don't like the film, the director, the running time or the rating, then just pass on the motherf**ker and stop bringing the fans who ARE interested in this down over it.. If you HONESTLY expect Award winning dialogue and award winning acting and have such high, Epic expectations for this as thoiugh you expect it to be a f**king Epic, then you deserve to be disappointed and possibly even laughed at and because of that, you should pass on it and save us your wretched reviews on it..

hunter x

hunter x

just see the movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed