AvP Officially Gains PG13?

Started by Darkness, Jul 23, 2004, 02:21:27 PM

Author
AvP Officially Gains PG13? (Read 22,114 times)

CelticPredator

CelticPredator

a little motly s" damns and stuff like that.

Variable

Variable

They said f**k once, then shit some times then bastard and bitch but not often. It usualy described them as "cursing themselves"

Rafael

Rafael

If you guys have downloaded the featurettes or even when you watch them online you should pay attention , if you haven't, to some particular scenes which in my mind guarantee it to be an R film: When Quinn hits the Predator in the arm in the shot where you can fully see Quinn before he is facing the Predator you see three hanging bloody ass bodies. Now I have never seen that much blood in an PG-13 before. GO AVP!

Elf

Elf

I also remember one time that WB projected Troy the PG-13 rating, but look how what it got in the end!

Regicidal_Maniac

Regicidal_Maniac

Why are there no thinkers here?  Come at it from a marketing and financial perspective and you'll come to the conclusion that the studio would like its expensive Summer tentpole film to be seen by the widest possible audience available and a PG13 rating assures this.  If you really want a sequel then you not only want the film to be good you wish it to do well at the box office. Teenagers have a lot of money these days and the best way to sell them products based on a certain film is to make that film available for them to watch.  Honestly all this bitching about ratings is idiotic, an AVP film with a ten minute graphic rape scene would be a certified R but would it be tonally right for the picture? Would it make it a better film? Would giving one of the characters a chainsaw make the film better? Sometimes I get the feeling that kids these days would rather watch a public beheading than sit through a good story well told if it isn't soaked in blood and covered in shit.  If you don't want kids in your session then go to a session where there aren't likely to be any children present.  PG13 doesn't mean they've made Barney Vs The Teletubbies all it means is they want a secure return on their investment.  And until any of you kids can pony up the cash to finance and distribute your own AVP film for Fox you have no choice but to accept the studio's decision and continue on with your lives, if you can.  I realise that this may come as a shock to many of you but major Hollywood studios don't make films in order to appease the smallest amount of people regardless of the potential financial losses. It's called showBUSINESS, not showfriends, you better get used to it.  I'm not having a go at anyone or trying to provoke the easily provoked I'm just telling it like it is and I'm merely trying to be the voice of reason.  PG13, R, NC17, X, G whatever the important thing is that it's an enjoyable piece of filmed entertainment and that it does decent enough business to warrant the greenlighting of more films in the series.  Tell your friends, tell their kids, tell everybody to see this film and buy the associated merchandise then maybe we can get someone like Guilliermo del Toro to do for AVP2 what he did for Blade II.  Stay positive.

G-Dog

G-Dog

Yeah, things change all the time. Nothing is for sure in this world. And good point Rafael. Like Starship Troopers: MPAA Rating:   R for graphic Sci-Fi violence and gore, and for some language and nudity.  AVP may not have nudity, but bloody skinned people hanging?? Sounds like gore to me, not to mention alien bodies being cut in half, chestbusters coming out of folks. Yeap.........  Hey, one of my personal favorite movies (The Exorcist) ISN'T gory, but it sure scared the shit out of me when I was 7 and is of course R.

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

Maurice "HopeOfTheFuture" Huijs

nooo, not PG-13    >:D   Stupid FOX.

flonge

flonge

If this movie doesn't get rated R then it probably will SUCK. PROBABLY.....  SO let's hope the PG-13 thing is just another rumor...

Variable

Variable

Your right G-Dog. I dont like the Exorcist and dont plan on watching it again(it scared the shit out of me and I couldnt sleep without a revolver next to my bed) but it got R for obvious reasons. I have confidence that this in the end will be R.

-=Daishi=-

-=Daishi=-

wondering, what u guys think will be the major differences if this movie is rated pg 13 or r.. will the cut out all the good stuff with pg13 so we'l have to wait for director's cut or what

Jonesy

Jonesy

Regicidal, you don't get it. Its easier to get an R rating today than its ever been. Back when Jaws got a PG was a different time. That would definitely be rated R in todays political climate. A PG13 very likely means this is gonna be mindless action, not scary/intense, and that alot of the graphic shots have all been cut out. Its not 'kids these days' wanting to see movies soaked with blood, its wanting the whole movie to be on the screen. The gorey scenes add realism. They make for a more immersive experience; 'gore' is not automatically gratuitous - sometimes it must be there for artistic reasons.  A PG-13 rating is likely to mean the movie will be all cut up, and that they are hoping to make all their money back opening weekend from kids, before bad word of mouth spreads? An R would mean to me they have confidence in it and think it will have legs and do well financially because people will want to go see a good movie. You can spin it any way you want, but a PG-13 rating is a very bad sign for this film.

G-Dog

G-Dog

LOL!! thats crazy Variable, I admit, I was scared out of my mind for a while, but then I started to watch it by myself at night, still got scaerd, but loved it...   Anyway, AVP now, TO FLONGE: You are an example of what I was reffering to in my old postings that some people kept misunderstanding. A movie is not going to suck just because it has a PG-13 rating man. The rating does not make the movie, the movie makes the rating. They aren't going to take anything out of the final cut of the film IF they do that. It will still be as good as its going to be if they give it an R-rating. Nothing personal...

G-Dog

G-Dog

Damn....that would suck then. Still, PG-13 or not, its going to be bad ass regardless. It ain't gonna suck, have faith fellas.

G-Dog

G-Dog

When I said:Damn..... that would suck then, I wansn't talking about the movie. I was reffering to the cutting out of the final cut of the film and having to wait for the Director's cut of it.

ALIEN WARRIOR

ALIEN WARRIOR

SO WHAT IS THE ACTUALLY RATING GONNA BE PG-13 OR R? CANT THESE ASSHOLES FROM FOX MAKE UP THEIR GODDAMNED MINDS? I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ONE SITE SAYS PG-13 AND OTHER SAYING ITS R. I WANT AVP TO BE RATED R BECAUSE IT WOULD LOOK SO SILLY BEING PG-13 WITHOUT THE CHESTBURSTERS, SKINNED PEOPLED, BEHEADINGS, DOUBLE-JAW BITING, RIPPING PEOPLE IN HALF AND SO ON. FOX ARE A BUNCH OF DUMBASSES WHO DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE ALIEN AND PREDATOR FANS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEIR GETTING THEIR MONEY FROM THIS MOVIE. IT BETTER BE A R MOVIE OR I'M GONNA BE PISSED AND I BET THERES GONNA BE ALOT OF DISAPPOINTED FANS OF THOSE FRANCHISE MOVIES IF THIS MOVIE GETS A PG-13 RATING.    >:D     >:D     >:D     >:D     >:D     >:D     >:D     >:D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed