New AvP Production Still

Started by Darkness, May 02, 2004, 07:55:28 PM

Author
New AvP Production Still (Read 25,140 times)

Growler

Growler

About the teeth deal.  I've mentioned before the change was a surprise to me as well as a disappointment.  But now I see Anderson's ideas thanks to THE REAL PREDATOR's statement about telling one predator apart from another.  to AdamJZ::  Well movie wise the teeth explanation was given by THE REAL PREDATOR.  If you want to get deeper than that as for a species explanation, well here's my theory.    I read an interview of how Anderson view the Predator in I believe was JoBlo's interview with him.  He said he sees them as lizards so wants them to behave like such.  So we can understand that there are many species of lizards with many differences while us humans are only of one species with very little differences between us like skin tone and different sized body parts. Lizards will have dirrent shaped heads, different amount of fingers / toes, spined backs or no spined backs.  So lets say that particular Predator is of a different species, or a product of it's parents that were 2 different species of predator.  Hmm, no if i were a director, I think I'd exploit this idea.  I mean, how badass would a predator look if it had almost an iguana like spine?  That could also looked frowned upon, so maybe i should test in the comic book world first to see if it's accepted.  Now if Anderson views Predators as lizards, how would thier life cycle be?  Starting from eggs?  Ok, I'm thinking too much.  I'm done.     ???  

Shadow of FUS

Shadow of FUS

The Real Predator meant that only one of the preds will be using them in the movie.Use your heads!

Growler

Growler

that's why I said "that particular Predator"

Vito

Vito

Real Predator, i believe you if you say it will be R rated, but someone needs to face-slap Thomas Hammel/or lying Magazine writer, who gave us those false rumours, that wasn't exactly good promotion?? Thanx for answering about the number of Preds, i believed there was 5 as well and have discussed it on the avpgalaxy forum recently. I assume theres at least 1 Pred we haven't seen footage of yet then.  About the prologue, if its in the beginning, then i believe that would fit best for the audience (so the audience get a clue of this ritual) although if they do that, there won't be as much mystery and as PA mentioned, what made the first two Alien movies so great was that we didn't see the creatures till around an hour into i.If it first appears when Lex & co. starts reading the hyroglyphics, then i'm afraid its going to be a little corny, unless its done very well.  Question, will we at any time in AvP see an elder Pred?

cookies

cookies

Real Predator, I see how you said that the pred throws the alien into a cylinder. My question is since theres no cgi is that scene a cheesy close up of the alien smashing into wall or are we gonna see a cool far few to see it all.   I really hate movies where all the fight scense and action is all head and chest to hide all the bull shit.  Thats why gladiator is a SWEET movies becuase it shows it all.

Growler

Growler

About the pic change.  I just thought this, and why it took this long is beyond me.  They might have changed the pic to keep the element of surprise.  I mean just looking at the caccooned pic, you can tell who's going to die and how they die.  So it could be possible the pic was change to keep any future visitors from finding out what happens to who?

Growler

Growler

to cookies:: I'm sure those scenes will be lit enough to see the action, not the detail.  Just like Aliens.

Darkness

Darkness

No, I emailed the company who made the AvP Movie Website and then said they were contacted by the MPAA who said "the following image has been rejected". I think PlanetAvP was right on this one. It was apparently too scary for kids.

Vito

Vito

scary for kids? this is not a kiddo movie!   >:D   is it because the film has not been rated yet (no [R] warning), and therefore they must not show any 'disturbing material' yet?otherwise its nonsense.    ???  

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

hey im back, i have the week off college so im muching around  Predgirl:no problem, i know of the site you are tlaking about, the thing is i believe that this site is a spoiler site so i presume darkness doesnt see a point in uploading a "hide" program.. im very intrigued by your comments, you have some seriously good logic behind them and you seem like a nice girl    ;)    ADAMJZ- the pyramid shot, believe it or not is actually one of the easiest but most expensive scenes in the movie... All im allowed say is that the sky is dark, amber and phosphorent blues with lightning RAGING in the midsts, - first we see a silowhette of the predators bloodied and beaten. the camera slowly pulls back to reveal that these predators are standing aloft a pyramid and that there are literally tens of thousands of aliens swarming up the pyramid toward them-they battle furiously and the scene in itself is about 3 minutes long-FANTASTIC. i know where you were going with your guess for the jungle(in that you were trying to draw parallels with the first movie yes???)- well my friend, you will see in about 3 weeks  in answering your other questions *******MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW***********  -there is an Alien / predator hybrid in the movie  -we first see the queen, when the scientists undo some ancient brickwork inside the temple, setting in motion the walls of the pyramid.. the walls pulls open to reveal her sleeping, with hundreds of eggs already laid.-the pyramid shifts creating different exits and different rooms and passages much like the movie "the Cube"  the predator teeth, as i have explained do not appear on all the predators. Anderson has decided to look at the movie with fundamental principals.eg.all humans arent the same, so why should all predators or aliens be the same?? the teeth have not been "inserted" as someone said above, they are simply there. much like they way im  5ft 7, but you my friend, may be a different height- he has made each predator different so we can recognise them on screen both when their masks are on and when their masks are off.... one of the predators emerges as a main character in the movie, as does one of the aliens. its utterly fantastic.-the fact that a particular predator has more teeth will give him no more status than the nex predator... its really that simple....   ;D    VITO_my good man how are you- im going to answer two of your questions in one- we havent yet seen the eldar predator. he is very big, wears a cape, and also wears his helmet on his shoulder when hes not using it- also, his mask is very different aswell, the bottom half of it reveals his mandibles.    ;)    that my friend is exactly what is running through Andersons head- he is battling with himself as to where to put the money shot because he also believes that the suspense comes from not seeing the creatures for a suspended period of time(this is his argument as to why he doesnt want to out this scene at the beginning of the movie)-HOWEVER he also feels it would serve as an excellent introduction to the film and a great way to grip the audience- as you can see hes in a tough spot- but believe me, wherever it goes, its going to look fantastic.  COOKIES: Worry not, they shot the first duel for TWO MONTHS to get it right. they knocked down so many life sized sets that when they went to shot one day anderson thought to himself "hang on, theres something odd about the set" only then did he realise that the set had changed colour from it being knocked down and being re-built SO OFTEN!! they had to clean and re paint alot of the set!!! the first fight is 4 minutes long  and both creatures literally rip eachother apart, its very gruesome but dead. as far as the camera angle and so forth is concerned, the fighting is very fast and violent, Anderson has used a mixture of close ups and far angled shots to bring the fight scenes to life-they look great!  well im off, ive been typing for a long time!!!! HA HA see you guys soon  Forte Fortuna Adjuvat...........-real pred

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

The Real Predator! Thereis rumor that a 10 second clip of the money shot will be in the trailer! is this true? id love to see at least a glimpse of the 3 doomed predators ontop of the pyramidfighting gloriously however a loosing battle!

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Well after reading all of your statments Real Pred its hard not to believe that you have indeed seen or been told of these scenes.I to would like to know if this ' money' shot will be in the trailer since the guy said that he watched this and other shots in the Starfest preview there were shown.Also can you describe anything that might be in the upcoming trailer?   ;)  ( Predalien) mabey. One more thing if anyone wants to check out a couple of pictures I submited to the fan art section they are there with my name and nickname under each.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

To THE REAL PRED, thanks for your answers, I have a bit more questions, see if you can answer them.  Was the ice tunnel made by humans or preds?  Will there be a female pred?  well we see a chestburster come out of a pred?  will there be a smaller pred ship that comes out of the mother ship to take the preds to earth?  and last one  Its not going to show anything cheezy is it, like the humans worshiping the preds or the humans as the preds sacrificial slaves?

Miquel

Miquel

Hey The Real Predator, i have a question about the 3rd featurette, the scene where we see a Predator catch a chestburster(it could look like another Predator throws it to him), i wondered why it doesn't have any blood on it, where did it come from? maybe they just catched it some time after it had bursted out?

Predgirl

Predgirl

To The Real Predator thanks alot your are nice too. I see where your going about the teeth issue like you said each predator is different just like us in way we all are different as well.  For the one scene I believe it should be the intro well for one it seems better for the movie and some people who are new to the movie my get an idea this is my opinion though, but putting it with the scene with the scientists reading the hyroglyphics then I guess would be ok for a flash back scene.   ;)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed