Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 65,749 times)

Huggs

Huggs

So basically, the little bugs from half life and some concepts from the thing prequel.

BlueMarsalis79

I think they look fine honestly, uninspired yes, but on the bright side it follows the Pathogen's visual design rules.

Chieftain Suom

Fairbanks Monster or Rat X?

Voodoo Magic

I flipping knew it!  After reading the derivative  Blair uh, I mean Fairbanks Monster in the prequel novel for this game, Alien feels like it's turning into a - get bit - you're infected - unoriginal Thing clone rip and (to me) is slowly losing all it's wonderful individuality that made Alien so special.

Thanks a lot Black Goo!!!!  >:(

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The black goo giveth, and the black goo taketh away.

JDrums

JDrums

Mmm .... Stalker? If I'm not mistaken, does a creature with this name already exist in the Alien RPG? So, Leon from Aliens: Infiltrator would be a Stalker? Wasn't it written in the novel that Leon was the size of a housecat? The creature here looks much bigger to me!

BlueMarsalis79

The Alien's still just that though, this' just another thing, that now we also have to contend with.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: talamak on Jul 23, 2021, 12:03:31 AM

Didn't see any sign of those.

FatalFury161

FatalFury161

Good thing it's a just a brainless non-canonical shooter, otherwise this would bug me real bad.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 23, 2021, 07:36:16 AM
The Alien's still just that though, this' just another thing, that now we also have to contend with.

Indeed!!!

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 23, 2021, 08:00:26 AM
Quote from: talamak on Jul 23, 2021, 12:03:31 AM

Didn't see any sign of those.

Already my memory of Aliens: Infiltrator is slipping for me, but didn't....

Spoiler
Rat X get killed by Fairbanks and the Fairbanks Monster was killed by the retired Colonial Marines?
[close]

Lost_Hunter

Though I do like the new creatures, I see what's causing the alarm. Alien is not the Thing but I believe there is room for a bunch of creative angels involving the Engineers. We'll find out soon how it plays out. An arching narrative would help but like Hunting Grounds it's an online shooter with little room for plot.

bobby brown

Can someone explain what the "Fairbanks monster" is?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

BlueMarsalis79

Ah understood.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 23, 2021, 01:11:47 AM
I flipping knew it!  After reading the derivative  Blair uh, I mean Fairbanks Monster in the prequel novel for this game, Alien feels like it's turning into a - get bit - you're infected - unoriginal Thing clone rip and (to me) is slowly losing all it's wonderful individuality that made Alien so special.

Thanks a lot Black Goo!!!! >:(

To me, everything about this game feels like it's a 'Warhammer 40,000' Imperial Guard game with some pulse rifle audio chucked in. Even the nonsensical idea of a supposedly elite team only having three people in it and zero air or fire support is exactly the kind of suicidal strategy the Imperial Guard would be adopting.

These things aren't Aliens. They're Tyranids. And there's nothing wrong with finding that entertaining, but there's no way this is consistent with the films.

It's totally consistent with Imperial Guards versus Tyranids, though. So, if I ever decide to play it, I'm going to do so with that mindset and ignore it trying to pretend it's showing Colonial Marines or Aliens. :)

And I'm betting if they every bring in the Shitkicker, it'll look almost exactly like a Dreadnought. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed