Alien Prototype - Tim Waggoner

Started by felix, Mar 25, 2019, 05:09:09 AM

Author
Alien Prototype - Tim Waggoner (Read 35,122 times)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Oh cool. I see he also did a Cold Forge snatcher and the creature from Gibson's Alien 3.

Well I just finished the book. Gonna dump my thoughts here:

As Hicks pointed out, Zula's presence on the base is very coincidental. That bugged me a bit. Also confusing why the egg closes back up after releasing the hugger.

Spoiler
I actually enjoyed the dream sequence in the beginning. I enjoyed how it expressed her self-doubt and I loved the concept of the backbone creature.
[close]

The training session with the robot bugs was entertaining, but the reveal behind the malfunction was really dumb.

Spoiler
I also wasn't a fan of the Tron segment with Davis inside the network.
[close]

The xenomorph variant was great. Its new horrific abilities and the name "necromorph" were very cool. I'd really like to see NECA release an interpretation of this creature.

I enjoyed reading the inner workings of the necromorph's mind - how it rationalizes where to impregnate hosts for reproduction, its relationship with the cellular necrosis, and how it inherited general knowledge of the layout of the Lodge from its host.

I listened to the podcast and I agree with Ridgetop that I didn't glean eggmorphing from the book at all... but if the author confirmed it, that clearly settles it.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I'd also probably give it a 7 out of 10.

Gentleman Death

I also finished this book recently and agree with what you said. I feel like the author came up with a really great idea with the alien and then had to write around that, which fell flat for me. But damn that alien was lethal and I really enjoyed how the necromorph was written.

SM

SM

The egg morphing was my suggestion (it was originally a bit different), but my suggestion was also to keep it vague, and having read the released version not too long ago I can easily see how people might not pick up on it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have to point out the obvious but Necromorph's far from a new name.

NECA also already did a Necromorph;

Carlos Huante also worked on Visceral's Dead Space.
Briefly.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I'm aware the Dead Space creatures are called necromorphs, but I still thought it sounded cool in the context of the book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed