Fan Reviews/Questions

Started by ikarop, Sep 30, 2011, 06:34:40 AM

Author
Fan Reviews/Questions (Read 42,322 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Aliens Infestation has been officially released in Europe. In order to keep the forum organized and easy to navigate, please post your thoughts and questions on the game here. Be aware of spoilers in this thread.

Speedy_J

Speedy_J

I want a detailed storyline from beginning, middle, to end. Spoil me by PM'ing.

Darkness

Darkness

Well, I've played through the first mission. The Queen was really hard, I lost three men to it. I'm completely stuck in the second mission. The guy says I have to find some explosives to plant on some big door?

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 30, 2011, 12:21:38 PM
Well, I've played through the first mission. The Queen was really hard, I lost three men to it. I'm completely stuck in the second mission. The guy says I have to find some explosives to plant on some big door?

You need to go back to the building you were before encountering that door. It's there just before the tunnel with the eggs, aliens and explosive barrels.

The game is a lot of fun. I find it amazing. My only complaint is that you can kinda skip through some of the areas but it doesn't really bother me. The graphics are very nice and detailed. They fit perfectly within the Aliens universe. The derelict was very atmospheric too. I wish the player could spend more time in that level.

Darkness

Darkness

I wouldn't exactly call it amazing. The game resembles the old style Aliens arcade game from 20 years ago. That's what I was expecting, though.

I suppose what bothers me the most is how games companies have the nerve to charge £25-£30 for this which offers a couple of hours of gameplay, when the iphone has games for 99p which offer a lot more.

Bigticket

Bigticket

Alright, im in 3rd act right now and here;s what i think :

1. Game looks great, but im a fan of 2d old school action so its right up in my alley.
2. Marines moves are awesome, lots of actions to do, not your average run and jump character. Controls are great and responsive.
3. environment is really good, but doors and elevators get really repetitive after a while.
4. enemies are challenging, i've stumble upon alien workers, alien warriors, droids, soldiers, chestbusters, facehuggers, Alien Queen and "space jockey alien" . Boss fights (i've done 2 so far) are cool, pretty hard at first time .
5. Searching around Sulaco and Lv-426 is nice, with a lots of vent exploring.
6. Weapons are really cool (shotgun with upgrades is awesome, hell yea )
7. Lots of reading guys, many conversations between marines, although mostly about what to do next, where to go etc.

Fisrt act feels very nice, puts you in great atmosphere, although u should play it in the dark, its way more intense. we know what happens from the trailers and gamplay vides so nothing new if i tell you that you just search for survivors and answers for what happend on sulace, you find  survivor , fight boss, and we bring party to lv-426.  There you fight more and more enemies, search for explosives, destroy few things, and we get a little point and shoot game with apc. then another boss fight. 3rd is where thing start to get intresting storywise. at least for me cause i knew what to expect from first hour of the story. so We are back on the sulaco and... well no need to spoil , but it really doeasnt feel like the first act , althugh we're back where we started ( we got a lot of new areas to check , and story is gettin a lot better) .

I think for non-aliens fans this is a anotther good/very good 2d game. For myself and most of you guys, definetely something worth playing. It,s more like comic book aliens than movie like (we got to wait for colonial marines ) but i love it.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 30, 2011, 01:28:52 PM
I wouldn't exactly call it amazing. The game resembles the old style Aliens arcade game from 20 years ago. That's what I was expecting, though.

I suppose what bothers me the most is how games companies have the nerve to charge £25-£30 for this which offers a couple of hours of gameplay, when the iphone has games for 99p which offer a lot more.

Very few games achieve that old arcade/action style successfully nowadays. And Infestation is one of them IMO. I also get the feeling that I'm rushing through the game and have left many areas unexplored so I'm already thinking of re-playing it. I rarely replay any games and that's what makes it amazing for me.

xenogenicide

xenogenicide

can someone please put a playthrough on youtube

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 30, 2011, 02:10:09 PM
Very few games achieve that old arcade/action style successfully nowadays. And Infestation is one of them IMO. I also get the feeling that I'm rushing through the game and have left many areas unexplored so I'm already thinking of re-playing it. I rarely replay any games and that's what makes it amazing for me.

Does this mean that you already completed the game?  If so, how many hours did it take you?  Is it easy enough to complete the marines with all 19 characters surviving?  In sum, when is avpgalaxy going to put up their review?  LOL.

Bigticket

Bigticket

aight, im at the end of 4th act,  boss battle with infamous rhino alien. its hard as hell. It;s said that 69% of the game is completed so i guess there are 5-6 acts. it seems like story goes from Sulaco to lv-426 then back to sulaco , next to phobos research facility then probably back to sulaco again (there was 1/3 of the ship unexplored yet) .

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Bigticket on Sep 30, 2011, 04:50:58 PM
aight, im at the end of 4th act,  boss battle with infamous rhino alien. its hard as hell. It;s said that 69% of the game is completed so i guess there are 5-6 acts. it seems like story goes from Sulaco to lv-426 then back to sulaco , next to phobos research facility then probably back to sulaco again (there was 1/3 of the ship unexplored yet) .

Have you been to the derelict?

Bigticket

Bigticket

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 30, 2011, 08:17:19 PM
Quote from: Bigticket on Sep 30, 2011, 04:50:58 PM

Have you been to the derelict?

Well , i was, but its was for a boss battle and the only part of the ship that you get to see is room with space jockey (the one from oryginal Alien) so nothing new. I wish there was a part where you explore the ship but thats not the case. kind of missed opportunity there, they should have done something like that. its like half of the game takes place on the sulaco, its just cut into parts, sulaco, something else, sulaco, something else and so on.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 30, 2011, 12:21:38 PM
Well, I've played through the first mission. The Queen was really hard, I lost three men to it.

I've just done the Queen too. Lost 2 men to her. Really enjoying it so far.

Just finished level 2. Very very cool. And unlocked a knife game which I'll try once I find a save room.

Rightio. I'm on Phobos and I'm finally stuck on the boss. I've only got 2 marines left. Has anyone been able beat it?

Bigticket

Bigticket

Yep, ive done itp, lost 2 marines to it though. feed him grenades , and roll under him when he jumps and keep shootin. its tough. Im on the last boss (i guess) Big Alien, like 3 times size of a queen. Kinda weird, i was hopin for the last dance with queen.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Never mind! Managed to do it with the smartgun and lost 1 marine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed