Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,998 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Pretty much. I maybe able to share this, just checking.

Will be sharing it to the website shortly. Synopsis is here -

QuoteAs the colony ship Covenant prepares for launch, and the final members of the crew are chosen, a series of violent events reveal a conspiracy to sabotage the launch. Yet the perpetrators remain hidden behind a veil of secrecy. The threat reaches all the way up to Hideo Yutani—the head of the newly merged Weyland-Yutani Corporation—when his daughter is kidnapped. Is the conspiracy the product of corporate espionage, or is it something even more sinister?

While Captain Jacob Branson and his wife Daniels prepare the ship, Security chief Dan Lopé signs a key member of his team, and together they seek to stop the technologically advanced saboteurs before anyone else is killed, and the ship itself is destroyed in orbit.

I'm recording our interview with ADF on Thursday for release ASAP and Titan should be sending over the cover art for this when they've settled on a final one.

HuDaFuK

Really didn't see that one coming.

Corporal Hicks

Not what I was expecting at all, yet I'm still quite intrigued with the direction. Hopefully we'll still see bits of Shaw and David in there too.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

why is everything associated with this movie one giant disappointment in the end?!?!?  :(

HuDaFuK

I don't know about that. Like Hicks said it could still touch on Shaw and David. Maybe Foster just couldn't write an entire book about two people going from A to B on a spaceship. Maybe that's a side-plot to this main story.

BonesawT101

Sounds verrrrrry interesting...

Penbast

Penbast

Hi there

I visit this side now for several years. Now I'd like to place question.

Is it possible, the reason why the book is about the Covenant-Crew is because Ridley Scott like go tell Shaws and Davids story by him self?

I think the rumors i read about the sequels of Prometheus was something like that Scott Jumped to the Alien part because of the fans and will return to the Story which started by Prometheus afterwards. I also saw some suggestions in several youtube videos about Alien Covenant in the last few days.

Are here some hard facts about it? Ok, Ridley and hard facts... :)

By the way thanks for the tip with the Covenant Novel. ;)

Whiskeybrewer

This is....something. Not what I expected at all

CainsSon

WTF?

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Hmmm, while this may end up a diverting enough read, it doesn't sound very ALIEN-y at all really.  And it sure sounds like we're not about to get any of the questions involving the 'Engineers' and their 'black goo' answered either. 

The many loose ends thrown up by Ridley's latest 2 movies in the franchise will remain a mystery, it seems...  :-\

irn

This sounds really good!

Perfect-Organism

I had hoped that this would be a clever way of novelizing Prometheus with some extra fun David Shaw stuff.  This doesn't sound very alieny at all.  I would be surprised if any Aliens or Engineers were in this at all.  So what is an alien book without aliens?  Anyway, I really like Alan Dean Foster's novels, so hopefully this delivers...

lesserson

lesserson

This really bums me out! I was "hoping" it would be about David and Shaw. That would at least redeem covenant...... I really do no not give a shit about the covenant crew.......... God they are f**king this all up!

Ultramorph

That sounds interesting, but not at all what I wanted.

0321recon

uhhh no.. So, we'll never know what happened those ten years in Paradise and no closure for Dr. Shaw. This synopsis sounds like something they should have explored in Awakening in film since besides AVP films, the Yutani aspect of the company hasn't been explored. Sounds interesting, though not I wanted.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed