Ridley Scott & Damon Lindelof to screen PROMETHEUS footage at WonderCon.

Started by El Diablo, Mar 07, 2012, 12:33:06 AM

Author
Ridley Scott & Damon Lindelof to screen PROMETHEUS footage at WonderCon. (Read 27,627 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

The trailer in the footage will be exclusive for those seeing it for the first time ;)

Corporal Hicks

What time is this GMT, anyone know?

Pn2501

Infected

Infected

Probably the same trailer they let loose at Comic-con?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 08, 2012, 06:02:35 PM
What time is this GMT, anyone know?

Based on showing on March 17th @ 4:00pm PST there (if that part's right) I make it 11:00pm (UK 7 hours ahead after British summer time), hope that helps

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?month=3&day=17&year=2012&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=137&p2=136

(correction)

jmd7340

I wonder if they'll have any news on the film rating at Wondercon along with the new theatrical trailer??  I know the rating has been a bit taboo - then again, they may wait until a little closer to the release date.

RoaryUK

Quote from: jmd7340 on Mar 08, 2012, 08:10:57 PM
I wonder if they'll have any news on the film rating at Wondercon along with the new theatrical trailer??  I know the rating has been a bit taboo - then again, they may wait until a little closer to the release date.

That's actually a good point.... I suspect the theatrical version will be green or red banded, another indication perhaps!

ADC

More Prometheus goodness. Can't wait  :)

botched

I'll be at the con. any one what to meet up?

Wobblyboddle77

Scott has stated he has a responsibility to the studio and that Tom Rothman is pushing for PG-13/12A, scott has stated he has shot a hard cut and a PG-13/12A cut of the film. It's not just blood and gore or profanity which lead to the final rating it's the tone alongside the intensity too. Tom Rothman and his execs will visit the set during production, and if they want something painted lighter or a certain feature obscured, so it appears more family friendly, they can demand set changes as they did with xmen origins wolverine, because they're worried it won't apply to the masses or give the ratings board a headache, if fox are pushing for a PG-13/12A. What i'm saying is it wouldn't be that difficult to tone the film down from an R/15 to a PG13/12A, digitally remove the blood/gore (even though Lindeloff has stated prometheous will not be as gory as the alien films), edit out the nastiest scenes or shorten them, and take out the nastiest profanity, it's not that difficult to do, and i wouldn't be surprised if they spring us with the PG-13/12A surprise very soon. But believe me, i would much prefer to see a harder cut in the cinemas of prometheus, so fingers crossed and let's see what happens.

ThisBethesdaSea

I highly, HIGHLY doubt Fox execs walking on to Ridleys set saying 'no, repaint this, make it less intense.' No way.

deepelemblues

QuoteI highly, HIGHLY doubt Fox execs walking on to Ridleys set saying 'no, repaint this, make it less intense.' No way.

unfortunately, if they think they can make more money with a PG-13 theatrical release and an R-rated directors cut for the DVD instead of R-rated theatrical release AND dvd, yes, they have done it or have demanded things done in post-production like that

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 09, 2012, 03:15:39 AM
QuoteI highly, HIGHLY doubt Fox execs walking on to Ridleys set saying 'no, repaint this, make it less intense.' No way.

unfortunately, if they think they can make more money with a PG-13 theatrical release and an R-rated directors cut for the DVD instead of R-rated theatrical release AND dvd, yes, they have done it or have demanded things done in post-production like that

I think ThisBethesdaSea meant that the rating (e.g. PG-13) is determined in editing / post-production.  There is no way that studio execs would be marching around Ridley's sets, during production, demanding he physically change something...except in the scenario where that "something" had a negative impact on the budget.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

You guys should look up the production problems Gavin Hood experienced with Tom Rothman on the set of X men origins, even though the script wasn't the greatest from the outset, if you could call it a script lol, Tom Rothman demanded a change in the script, he was constantly clashing with Gavin Hood over creative differences and stated that tone of the film was too dark and he didn't like the colour the sets we're painted, Gavin Hood was away from the set for a few days, when he had come back, Tom Rothman had ordered all the sets be re-painted in Hoods absence, Gavin wasn't very happy as he had this vision and wanted to shoot a dark moody film. Then Hugh Jackman was called back and they had to do alot of reshoots, including some of the fight scenes, and the addition of the adamantium bullet being shot into logans head by Stryker was added too, the weapon X transformation was changed too. So just be aware these things happen, and thats why i'm dubious with fox at times, look it up, there's a few archived reports of the onset problems lying around online where hood and jackman admit to creative differences with Tom Rothman but try and brush it under the carpet, but no one was falling for it.

Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 09, 2012, 03:15:39 AM

Thankyou clarifying that with me

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm sure these things happen, in fact, I know they do. But this isn't a new and up and coming director, this is Ridley Scott, a seasoned director who Fox nearly pleaded with to direct this film. This just wouldn't happen. Asking Ridley for a PG-13 edit is one thing, changing things and stepping in on set in his absence is quite another. I don't buy it (but with everything, I could be wrong).:) :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed