[SPOILER FREE] Another review

Started by vehtam, Dec 19, 2007, 09:21:29 PM

Author
[SPOILER FREE] Another review (Read 24,315 times)

Predator-S

Predator-S

I'll see the movie even if i receives tons of negatine reviews. I don't care about critics and wannabees that much anyway. They've thrashed movies like Armageddon, Independence Day, Godzilla but I still love 'em. Almost everybody hates Predator 2, for me it's almost as good as the original (needs more running time, though). So I may have a good chance of enjoying this movie, don't I?

Irritator

Irritator

Quote from: Predator-S on Dec 20, 2007, 12:55:19 PM
I'll see the movie even if i receives tons of negatine reviews. I don't care about critics and wannabees that much anyway.

Wow, you're really a strong-willed independent thinking personality, aren't you?

Quote from: Predator-S on Dec 20, 2007, 12:55:19 PMThey've thrashed movies like Armageddon, Independence Day, Godzilla but I still love 'em.

That actually explains a LOT.

Nobody's forcing you to stay out of the theatre, geez, what's with all this "you guys forcing opinions in our throats" paranoia coming from the "positive" crowd?

If you're so confident of the film being good, why do you keep posting reasurring yourselves and others that you don't care what "haters" say and you will see it anyway? The movie has bad reviews, stop crying, get over it and go enjoy the goddamn flick you waited for so long.

Now it seems our turn has come to bitch about your bitching.

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

And oh yeah, the scene that I had been anticipating is the Rooftop Scene, must be disappointing I guess since many had said that Chet and the Wolf Predator were just playing fist-fights with each other without any weapons and after that, both of these creatures got nuked instead.

......  ???

Major Alan Schaefer

what do you want them to do if they have no weapons to fight with?  ???

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 20, 2007, 02:04:39 PM

I mean, Chet has claws and tail right? And the Wolf Predator has wristblades and a combistick right? I don't see any sense in the battle at all, if both of the sides don't use what they have to fight.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Clyde Wyman on Dec 20, 2007, 02:11:26 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 20, 2007, 02:04:39 PM

I mean, Chet has claws and tail right? And the Wolf Predator has wristblades and a combistick right? I don't see any sense in the battle at all, if both of the sides don't use what they have to fight.
Who said they don't?

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QUESTION: Why does the Predator fight the predalien with his bare hands if he has his wristblades? 

ANSWER:  Probably as a homage to the original predator movie, just with no thought put behind it.

QUESTION:  Why does the predalien punch/slap and grapple with the Predator, when he could claw, bite and stab him?

ANSWER:  Plot device.

QUESTION:  Why do both creatures wait until the final moments of the fight to actually use their respective weapons in a deadly fasion?

ANSWER:  Deus Ex Machina.

Major Alan Schaefer

wristblades could be broken, also you can use them by punching...

Second, the Predalien uses his tail and trys to headbitem and probably claws

Porkus Maximus

Quotewristblades could be broken, also you can use them by punching...

If they're broken and then suddenly working at the last minute it makes the end of their fight an even bigger Deus Ex Machina.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 20, 2007, 02:25:53 PM
Quotewristblades could be broken, also you can use them by punching...

If they're broken and then suddenly working at the last minute it makes the end of their fight an even bigger Deus Ex Machina.
like i said they could be used for pucnhing, he could have waited to use them for the killing blow which it looks like he did

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

WTF are u talking guys ... WOlf IS using wristblades and Spear ... we dont know what will happen .. are they broken or not ... God .. this is making me sick everyday ... just wait and go see the damn movie!

greetz

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 20, 2007, 02:20:07 PM
QUESTION: Why does the Predator fight the predalien with his bare hands if he has his wristblades? 

ANSWER:  Probably as a homage to the original predator movie, just with no thought put behind it.

QUESTION:  Why does the predalien punch/slap and grapple with the Predator, when he could claw, bite and stab him?

ANSWER:  Plot device.

QUESTION:  Why do both creatures wait until the final moments of the fight to actually use their respective weapons in a deadly fasion?

ANSWER:  Deus Ex Machina.

you can use this same theory on every movie every made......i dont get your point

Predator-S

Predator-S

Quote from: Irritator on Dec 20, 2007, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: Predator-S on Dec 20, 2007, 12:55:19 PM
I'll see the movie even if i receives tons of negatine reviews. I don't care about critics and wannabees that much anyway.

Wow, you're really a strong-willed independent thinking personality, aren't you?

Quote from: Predator-S on Dec 20, 2007, 12:55:19 PMThey've thrashed movies like Armageddon, Independence Day, Godzilla but I still love 'em.

That actually explains a LOT.

Nobody's forcing you to stay out of the theatre, geez, what's with all this "you guys forcing opinions in our throats" paranoia coming from the "positive" crowd?

If you're so confident of the film being good, why do you keep posting reasurring yourselves and others that you don't care what "haters" say and you will see it anyway? The movie has bad reviews, stop crying, get over it and go enjoy the goddamn flick you waited for so long.

Now it seems our turn has come to bitch about your bitching.

Yeah, I have my own opinon. What's wrong with that?

For me they are good movies I don't see why you have a problem with that.

I never said anything about someone 'forcing opinion down my throat'.

I wasn't bitching anywhere, I said will see the goddamn movie regardless if it's good or bad.

And I never tried reassuring myself or someone else about the quality of the movie.

Case closed.

Porkus Maximus

Quoteyou can use this same theory on every movie every made......i dont get your point

It's all about immersion and suspension of disbelief.  There are plenty of holes in Predator for example, but it at least felt like McTiernan was making an effort to think his creative decisions through to a conclusion that follows the movie's internal logic.  Predator 2 on the other hand doesn't make the same effort which makes it much more difficult to get immersed in the story and atmosphere.

mightydreadlock

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 20, 2007, 03:17:10 PM
Quoteyou can use this same theory on every movie every made......i dont get your point

It's all about immersion and suspension of disbelief.  There are plenty of holes in Predator for example, but it at least felt like McTiernan was making an effort to think his creative decisions through to a conclusion that follows the movie's internal logic.  Predator 2 on the other hand doesn't make the same effort which makes it much more difficult to get immersed in the story and atmosphere.

What holes are there in Predator may i ask? The story is what it should be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed