Advent & Other Deletes

Started by juhuston, Aug 02, 2017, 12:21:06 AM

Author
Advent & Other Deletes (Read 17,948 times)

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 08, 2017, 05:12:47 AM
It could have worked as a stinger...  That's basically what it will be for me any time I watch the movie.

I told someone to watch the advent short after the film, and they were shocked though made their experience for the film better. It would work perfectly as a stinger.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: gantarat on Aug 08, 2017, 10:47:49 AM
Quote from: bleau on Aug 08, 2017, 12:46:08 AM
Quote from: Evanus on Aug 07, 2017, 05:20:19 PM
Cutting it?... How could it ever fit in the film? It was clearly meant to be a viral video.

Oh Please, I'm sure it's possible. I actually like Prometheus a lot more with the virals edited in. Seemless, The only con was it makes first half seem really long, thus making third act seem too short.

After Credit scene that it.

Yeah something like that

I honestly would like to do a small fan film 5-8 mins showing a type of aftermath. Hard to explain. I wanted or would like to have a Weyland team, like a small followup/investigation, go to lifeboat on on lv426 and discover an adult deacon, Deacon kills a couple men, maybe an explosion. I wanted communications to blacked out like from a storm and have the men battling deacon blow themselfs up killing it and them, With Weyland team from ship above in space not aware of hostile alien because of com black out. They assuming a freak accident. Then deem to planet as too dangerous, Kind like Shaw's message, and that essentially there is nothing there.  Thus, they never know about the pyrmids or anything on Lv423. At least something along those lines. But time will tell. More of a personal thing for me, as I would like to go into the biz some day. This would be a perfect for gaining experience  Right now I'm in legal, and just getting into film equipment, looking to buy better camera for practice.  Big stuff can be rented. Pretty sure I can build a small mock up look alike set. Anyhow It's something that I think can realistically be done. Based on Covenant though, it would be tricky. I think in Covenant David may have alerted Weyland about lv 423 and whats on it. Even so it would be great to see it come to fruition one day.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: markweatherill on Aug 08, 2017, 12:29:00 PM
But, these short films exist in the canon.

They don't. Virals are just fun asides, not to be taken too seriously.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2017, 01:26:37 PM
Quote from: markweatherill on Aug 08, 2017, 12:29:00 PM
But, these short films exist in the canon.

They don't. Virals are just fun asides, not to be taken too seriously.

Not sure if I agree with this. Surely anything that's associated with the movie and endorsed by the studio would have to be considered canon, perhaps not concrete evidence of anything but at least in the realms of "this matters"

I guess where do we draw the line of not in the movie, in the movie when it comes to things like Viral or Deleted scenes particularly in a movie that was designed to bring up questions.

I'm not even thinking from a fans point of view, even just a general movie goer.

MrH

MrH

this is perhaps the best screen grab from that whole short, it seems David is actually writing about how the specimens he has in his lab have HIVE MINDS, potentially the ground work laid for him to consider they need a leader of that hive mind, AKA the queen.

markweatherill

markweatherill

Quote from: MrH on Aug 08, 2017, 02:21:15 PM
this is perhaps the best screen grab from that whole short

Now then, has anyone else here played Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube? These writings are very reminiscent of the 'autopsies' in that game!

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

I just watched Advent and I thought it was great.  It definitely answers some questions while giving us more of motive for David which I liked a lot.  Hopefully if we get another film this is taken into consideration, David wants his creation to take over the galaxy but clearly he will not get his wish so now we must find out what stops him.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

If it happens, I reckon his own creation will ultimately be his downfall.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Advent is so tantalizing with how it starts breaking up when David is talking about the Engineers. I want to know what that barbaric ritual is!  :laugh:

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

There's a clip of David's alternate TERMINATOR dialogue and a deleted wire-work stunt with the Neomorph, lifting it's female victim off the ground by the throat.

Both found in the 55mins documentary.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 15, 2017, 04:15:55 PM
Advent is so tantalizing with how it starts breaking up when David is talking about the Engineers. I want to know what that barbaric ritual is!  :laugh:
Ritual beheading?

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 15, 2017, 04:15:55 PM

Same here. If the Engineers saga should come to an end, they should release an encyclopedia on the Engineers.

About the ritual, there are so many options. First one that comes to mind is the Giger hieroglyph, but at this point it doesn't seem that brutal.
Same goes for the self-sacrifice ritual we saw already at the beginning of Prometheus.
Other options are mass or child sacrifice. But I doubt they'd show the last one.
These could be responsible for the low amount of Engineers on the homeplanet, that is if what we saw in the movie was the whole population.
Cannibalism might fit in with the other Christian influences. Sacrifice one self for the benefit of others, the body of Christ, bread and wine,...

Or the answer might be in mythology, or in literature or poetry.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

There's a rendering by David, of a ritual beheading of an Engineer, found in the Blu-ray supplements.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

The engineers definitely dabbled with the black goo creating alien like creatures but realized they were far too dangerous and stopped.  David picked up where they left off attempting to create his own perfect organism.  Maybe the Derelict on LV-426 is a dump truck of the engineers most dangerous "wolf". 

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Elmazalman on Aug 17, 2017, 01:26:20 AM
There's a rendering by David, of a ritual beheading of an Engineer, found in the Blu-ray supplements.
Any chance of posting a picture?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 17, 2017, 03:48:01 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Aug 17, 2017, 01:26:20 AM
Any chance of posting a picture?
You can find it at : SECTOR 87 - PLANET 4 > DAVID'S ILLUSTRATIONS > SPECIMENS > Ritualistic Beheading.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed