Advent & Other Deletes

Started by juhuston, Aug 02, 2017, 12:21:06 AM

Author
Advent & Other Deletes (Read 17,945 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Has anyone outside the US purchased a copy and got the features?

Just watched the full Phobos short. Was kinda cool. Some cool character stuff. I wouldn't take it too seriously though, what with them using bits of Alien in the test but still fun!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Phobos was cool.  A nice little bit of bonus character development.  I like to think the sounds and images of the aliens weren't actually part of the test, more like prophetic associations for the audience.

I just watched the extended/deleted scenes.  I'm kind of insulted by most of them.  Cutting a line or two of dialogue isn't worth a special feature.  The only scene I wish had been left in is Crossing the Plaza, but even that wasn't terribly important.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Are any of the deleted scenes completely new, or are they all extensions of scenes in the theatrical cut?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

There are a few that are totally new, but they're still pretty inconsequential.

For example:  Daniels has a flashback to a moment in her Earth bedroom.  She and Franco talk about their damn cabin... which had been plenty established in multiple other scenes anyway.  The only thing that makes the scene interesting is that it would have been the most of Earth we'd ever seen in the series, but it's just a glimpse of a snow-covered city through a window.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 03, 2017, 09:20:37 AM
There are a few that are totally new, but they're still pretty inconsequential.

For example:  Daniels has a flashback to a moment in her Earth bedroom.  She and Franco talk about their damn cabin... which had been plenty established in multiple other scenes anyway.  The only thing that makes the scene interesting is that it would have been the most of Earth we'd ever seen in the series, but it's just a glimpse of a snow-covered city through a window.

For me whatever was with Franco in the movie worked, but some people wanted more.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I kind of wanted a little more Franco too so I was looking forward to seeing this scene.  I don't know what the hell I expected from it.  I almost feel stupid for expecting them to talk about something other than their stupid cabin. :P

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Here's a dialogue / pictorial of Advent...
http://www.scifimoviezone.com/aliencovenantadvent.shtml

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 03, 2017, 06:49:08 AM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Aug 03, 2017, 06:10:38 AM
anyone know if the special features are available on the iTunes copy?
I can confirm that they are.

I watched the awesome Advent short, a couple of deleted scenes, a listened to a bit with Scott's commentary.

How do i access them?

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 03, 2017, 10:14:51 AM

ummm... David has definitely got more than just a few loose screws. 

I guess Shaw missed 'em when she tightened his nut back into place.

-Windebieste.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 03, 2017, 10:14:51 AM

This is very cool, is that a deleted scene? or a making of thingy. I don't understand why this sort of dialog isn't in the movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's one the virals. I'm working to get them uploaded for the site.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Aug 03, 2017, 10:20:38 AM

I watched the awesome Advent short, a couple of deleted scenes, a listened to a bit with Scott's commentary.

How do i access them?
I did it on my iPhone.  Apparently you have to be connected to wi-fi, which is stupid.  If you are, the extras menu should pop up on the bottom of the screen after you hit "play".  If it's not there, poke at the screen a bit.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 03, 2017, 10:48:38 AM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Aug 03, 2017, 10:20:38 AM

How do i access them?
I did it on my iPhone.  Apparently you have to be connected to wi-fi, which is stupid.  If you are, the extras menu should pop up on the bottom of the screen after you hit "play".  If it's not there, poke at the screen a bit.

It worked now thanks

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2017, 10:32:23 AM
It's one the virals. I'm working to get them uploaded for the site.

Nice. I'll be buying them when they come out, but it's cool to see the extras.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The deleted scenes are largely just meh. Some kinda nice character moments but over all just little bits of trimming and nothing really massive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed