James Cameron Talks Alien: Covenant

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jan 27, 2017, 06:45:47 PM

Author
James Cameron Talks Alien: Covenant (Read 33,289 times)

SiL

SiL

I think Avatar is the nadir of cinematic writing,  but even I can see that at this point there are options.

whiterabbit

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 01, 2017, 03:26:17 AM
I wonder if SiL and SM are sometimes part Vulcan with all their logic and wisdom.

/thread
Does make sense. At the very least one of them has a decent sized James Cameron collection.... I highly suspect.

Oh and no I do not have Ridley Scott bed sheets!  nor undies. not even that much of a blade runner fan for that matter. I'mma Alien fan, here at a Alien vs Predator website... Avatar belongs in the General film thread. I don't mean that. It's just that some are defending it a little too hard. I honestly gave up several post ago.

What I mean by that is that I'm not out to win here.

SM

SM

Pretty sure I have the special edition of The Abyss on VHS somewhere.

SiL

SiL

I'm not much of a Cameron fan.  Don't think SM cares much either.  Just hate the modern trends in film commentary which are almost exclusively built on knee jerk responses that aren't thought out.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 01, 2017, 05:35:57 AM
I think Avatar is the nadir of cinematic writing,  but even I can see that at this point there are options.

The final nail in the coffin was Jake's voice over telling us everything had changed.  Just in case we missed it.

I was willing that movie to surprise me at some point, all the way till the end.  It didn't.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 01, 2017, 05:45:22 AM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 01, 2017, 05:35:57 AM

The final nail in the coffin was Jake's voice over telling us everything had changed.  Just in case we missed it.

I was willing that movie to surprise me at some point, all the way till the end.  It didn't.
It was so transparent you could see through to the closing credits before it started.

SM

SM

I was wondering what that was.  I thought it was the usual issues I have with 3D glasses.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed